Andreas Christensen

Wilson

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

WTH?!

Lol wtf... Whether Sarri should have said that or not is one thing (probably shouldn't have, will destroy AC's confidence even more), but this also shows why I've been thinking he isn't cut for it. He seems too weak and soft mentally and physically to be a truly class CB. It's one thing for a striker to crumble after making a mistake, but it's another thing for a CB to lose his shit when something goes wrong. You can go for at least 0-0 with a shit striker, but not with a CB who questions his every decision. CB simply can't be a snowflake in the EPL.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

Lol wtf... Whether Sarri should have said that or not is one thing (probably shouldn't have, will destroy AC's confidence even more), but this also shows why I've been thinking he isn't cut for it. He seems too weak and soft mentally and physically to be a truly class CB. It's one thing for a striker to crumble after making a mistake, but it's another thing for a CB to lose his shit when something goes wrong. You can go for at least 0-0 with a shit striker, but not with a CB who questions his every decision. CB simply can't be a snowflake in the EPL.

Looks like Sarri was taking the piss...

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Looks like Sarri was taking the piss...

I doubt it's a complete piss take. It might have been a light-hearted remark (an odd one), but it bears some truth imo. Even if he hadn't said that, I would still maintain that since he's fallen off a cliff he's looked too nervous and shaky. Can't have that in a CB aspiring to start for a top club. All our best CBs have been ones who just don't give a fuck.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Responding to a poster claiming Willian Barca bids were figments of our collective imaginations.

No one, well not me anyway, ever said that stories were not published. Stories are published on the basis of information offered, but that information is offered for specific reasons. Reasons which are almost never a desire to make the true facts of a transfer negotiation public. Indeed, it is almost always in the interests of everyone in the know about transfer deals to keep the details secret. Virtually every time those in the know leak information about a pending deal it is to influence the market, not to make it.

Until, and unless, it is confirmed by an official of either club, I will place the £65m bid for Willian firmly in the realm of fantasy. I recommend everyone else does the same.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No one, well not me anyway, ever said that stories were not published. Stories are published on the basis of information offered, but that information is offered for specific reasons. Reasons which are almost never a desire to make the true facts of a transfer negotiation public. Indeed, it is almost always in the interests of everyone in the know about transfer deals to keep the details secret. Virtually every time those in the know leak information about a pending deal it is to influence the market, not to make it.

Until, and unless, it is confirmed by an official of either club, I will place the £65m bid for Willian firmly in the realm of fantasy. I recommend everyone else does the same.

I just absolutely disagree with you, the info came from reputable sources and was far too detailed (including exact timing of when the final bid came in) to be bogus. Willian himself confirmed multiple bids by Barca. I trust Matt Law, he is not a rumour-monger and has legit inside sources. We just are always going to completely disagree on this Oh. I can let that be. I really like you as a poster, you are a credit to the board.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know. :)

That's a real compliment. Thank you.

How could I ever not like anyone who takes the name of our greatest (in terms of pure raw talent) striker (even if he went full spud for much of his career) ever.

My father raised me to love Jimmy.

the song from that video, yeah Sweden!

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

How could I ever not like anyone who takes the name of our greatest (in terms of pure raw talent) striker (even if he went full spud for much of his career) ever.

My father raised me to love Jimmy.

the song from that video, yeah Sweden!

Thanks for the vid. Love watching the old boy play, even if that collection could have done without the goal against Chelsea. The precision in Greavsie's finishing was just outrageous. Definitely one of the extra terrestrials.

Greaves tells a great story about the free kick at 1:25. He says two of his teammates were arguing about who should take it, so he decided to just put it in the net and let them worry about if afterwards.

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He tells a great story about the free kick at 1:25. he says two of his teammates were arguing about who should take it so he decided to put it in the goal and let them worry about if afterwards.

Lampard is last player we had like that!:(

TMW - Juventus, no Chelsea to Christensen's loan

Juventus could lose Mehdi Benatia in this market window and is already looking for the Moroccan defender's heir. The latest idea is Andreas Christensen , a Danish center in Chelsea. A buffer solution, on a dry loan for six months or with a right of redemption. The London club, however, would have already sent back to the sender the proposal of the bianconeri.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-juventus-i-no-i-del-chelsea-al-prestito-di-christensen-1205959&prev=search

Christensen suffer from Matic syndrome: a decent player turned into world class by fans after watching one great performance. Matic debut against City back in 2014 was superb. The thing is, he never managed to emulate that performance. For many months people were labelling Matic as the best DM in the world...The fella is good, but not even close of being as good as some people pictured. I'm go as far as saying that at the end of the day he was just a little better than Mikel.

Christensen had one great performance against United last season, then for the rest of the reason he was just average, with some shambolic performances here and there. I never understood why in the summer window most people were putting Christensen as an undisputed starting player ahead of Luiz and Rudiger. There is a myth that Christensen was great last season minus his mistake against Barcelona, but in my books thats not really the case, thats why at the end of the season he wasn't even starting games anymore.