test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

24. Gary Cahill

Started by BlueLion.,

3,540 posts in this topic
On 29/04/2018 at 10:05 PM, Tomo said:

As already been noted he has been quite good since he's come back in.

The problem with cahill he's Inconsistent player when has a good game he's a decent player when he has a bad game he's an amateur player cahill time is up he needs to go in the summer

Unionjack, OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

Another win under his captaincy after reclaiming his place in the team. Not a single loss and defence looks more solid than it has all season. Well done Gary for stepping up in a crucial time!

On 05/05/2018 at 9:06 AM, Jason said:

Cahill likes to talk about this insecurity, the need to prove people wrong all the time, doesn't he? It's good that he has something to drive him on but it's also rather annoying. No one would be talking about selling him if he actually did his job and performed well on a consistent basis. He alluded to the fact that the small amount we paid for him in 2012 may be a factor that fans remain unconvinced with him. I mean, really? We paid for a small fee for Azpi too but do fans genuinely want him out? Should be looking to him as an example as opposed to like blaming others for him not recognized as a great.

This is another example of what I mean when I say he is a shit captain. 

11Drogba likes this

Remember the days when Terry AND Lampard - captain and vice-captain - used to lift the trophy together? Cahill didn't even do it with Azpi yesterday. It was all him alone. :doh: 

The Skipper and Johnnyeye like this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Remember the days when Terry AND Lampard - captain and vice-captain - used to lift the trophy together? Cahill didn't even do it with Azpi yesterday. It was all him alone. :doh: 

I'd like to think that Azpi refused to do so out of respect.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

I'd like to think that Azpi refused to do so out of respect.

Not even sure if he was asked to begin with given the mayhem up there and I believe Terry used to make sure both he and Lampard lift trophies together as opposed to just doing himself. 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not even sure if he was asked to begin with given the mayhem up there and I believe Terry used to make sure both he and Lampard lift trophies together as opposed to just doing himself. 

Yeah but Cesar is a hardworking gentleman who doesn't have a stick up his arse. I don't think he cares.

OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

15 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Yeah but Cesar is a hardworking gentleman who doesn't have a stick up his arse. I don't think he cares.

He probably doesn't care at all but my point is, if you're the captain, at least have some decency to offer the vice-captain the chance to lift the trophy with you (something Terry used to do with Lampard because the latter was the vice captain and out of mutual respect as well), especially when you sat out for like half of the games played this season. I might be wrong and maybe Cahill did ask Azpi and he refused but from the look of things, it appeared Cahill just went all by himself on the trophy lifting. 

Azpinator likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He probably doesn't care at all but my point is, if you're the captain, at least have some decency to offer the vice-captain the chance to lift the trophy with you (something Terry used to do with Lampard because the latter was the vice captain and out of mutual respect as well), especially when you sat out for like half of the games played this season. I might be wrong and maybe Cahill did ask Azpi and he refused but from the look of things, it appeared Cahill just went all by himself on the trophy lifting. 

I hate to say it but that could be his only shot at lifting something by himself. Does it look like he's staying by the way?

2 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I hate to say it but that could be his only shot at lifting something by himself. Does it look like he's staying by the way?

Couple of weeks ago, I'd say probably not. But he's played himself back into form and might just stay. Depends on who the new manager is, I guess. He's also somewhat fortunate that he's English/homegrown. 

Terry was lifting trophies alone too at first, they started doing it together with Lampard in 2009 if I am not wrong. So Gary just needs time and more trophies to grow to that state. The question is if he will be given the chance to lift at least one more :-D 

OneMoSalah likes this