Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always feel like you're yelling at everyone.

that was just sarcasm!!! no yelling!!! but i have definitely seen a trend on this forum. after every poor result there simply has to be a victim. after sunderland, jose got a lot of stick!!! there was someone who said that we needed a "defensive overhaul" in the next window. and after the newcastle game, GC is the latest vic. i am just glad that JOM had a good performance, otherwise he would suddenly have become a pub player mooching off off us.

that was just sarcasm!!! no yelling!!! but i have definitely seen a trend on this forum. after every poor result there simply has to be a victim. after sunderland, jose got a lot of stick!!! there was someone who said that we needed a "defensive overhaul" in the next window. and after the newcastle game, GC is the latest vic. i am just glad that JOM had a good performance, otherwise he would suddenly have become a pub player mooching off off us.

I think he was talking about the several exclamation marks you use.

What happened to the rumors about him being offered a pay rise?

He's already on something like 90-100k a week, the board should be careful not to put him on a higher salary than that. He's a squad player at best and I would hate to see a situation where his high wages is what gets him in the starting line-up and not performances.

He's already on something like 90-100k a week, the board should be careful not to put him on a higher salary than that. He's a squad player at best and I would hate to see a situation where his high wages is what gets him in the starting line-up and not performances.

lol, forgot abot that. Poor old Cahill, didn't make it in time.

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

a squad player who has a total of 1845 minutes in this season so far and our most used player?? :lol:

also according to WAGNH and other media sources (both of which give the higher limit), he is on 80k a week.

Cahill is only playing by default, let's be fair. If Terry was 10 years younger it'd be he starting every game. Mourinho has his preference of Ivanovic at right-back, whereas in reality he should, at least in my opinion, be playing at centre-back alongside JT, with Luis and Azpi in their more natural positions.

Why did AVB act like such a dick to Alex, I wonder?

Cahill is only playing by default, let's be fair. If Terry was 10 years younger it'd be he starting every game. Mourinho has his preference of Ivanovic at right-back, whereas in reality he should, at least in my opinion, be playing at centre-back alongside JT, with Luis and Azpi in their more natural positions.

Why did AVB act like such a dick to Alex, I wonder?

Alex and few others acted as dicks towards AVB back then, still said it didn't work out, me thinks players like Lamps and Didi (still my favourite of all time right after zola, and not only after his Munich goal) didn't give him the respect he deserved as manager, I remember AVB sleeping at the training facility for weeks to sort everything out and motivate the players and players like Lamps waving him good morning while purposedly coming late to get him wind up, anyway other story, Special One is back and I'm glad in the end.

Cahill is a proper defender, he had his best season last year me thinks, JT at his age was two shoulders above him, I personally think Desailly was better then him, too, lets put Carvallho there too and I think it's just natural that ppl. don't like someone who is not the best of the best in his position and still being a nailed on starter. I think he is a bit of a gap filler for Zouma. I would like to bench him and put Luis at LB with Azpi going to the right side, cause I'm a bit fed up with Bane there. I just think Mou doesn't trust JT's physical fitniss and we all know this would mean Bane and Cahill at CB, this would be awfull, and I can remember Bane wasn't that top CB either. So Mou goes with Cahill there cause he is better then Bane there but benches Luis, I would rather bench Bane then Luis but thats my opinion and I'm clearly not the gaffer.

Conclusion: Cahill isn't the level of first team starter we were used to, and thats why many ppl don't like him to be the guy with most minutes. But by rational views Mou is probably right...

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

a squad player who has a total of 1845 minutes in this season so far and our most used player?? :lol:

also according to WAGNH and other media sources (both of which give the higher limit), he is on 80k a week.

I think what she's trying to say is, if you compare Cahill with the other top class defenders out there, he would just be a squad player. But because we don't exactly have many top options, Cahill is a first choice defender in the squad. If lets say we have someone like Varane, doubt Cahill would even be starting.

Yet another terrible performance by England's greatest ever player. He should have been sent off today.

How much longer will Zouma have to wait?

our future captain wont be dropped. we just have to work around him.

Its a bad patch, massive over reaction. I'm not saying he is the best CB ever and people can check my historical posts regarding Cahill (See CFC vs AM in Monaco) but its his partnership with Terry that makes him that notch above.

At the moment he's having a shaky spell but clean sheet and I'd rather him have this spell now against the Hull's etc. rather than semi-final of the Champions League etc.

People stick by other players, so why abandon Cahill so eagerly?