Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to be "rested" for a few games.

Shame he wasn't sent off tbh. Utter dirge at the minute. No idea why he's declined so badly. He's that bad at the minute he's making Luiz's performances seem like worldies.

He looks a bit lost in the last few games, seems like he makes a mistake and then panics afterwards. But one thing I do not understand: why are people coming to bash and insult when he's apparently deadwood? What do you expect if he you think someone is rubbish?

For instance, I think Willian is a very limited player and therefore I don't expect anything offensively from him. If he produces then ok, if not nothing new there.

He's not the only England national team player to suffer a hangover from the WC. Jagielka has been very poor for Everton. Perhaps he needs an extended time off to re-discover his form and concentration because this is far below his normal level. Ivanovic should be the guy to temporarily fill in for him as I don't believe Zouma is ready to do so yet.

Wait hang on, didn't didierforever tell you? He's our most used player which clearly makes him world class!

In all seriousness when I read comments from people saying that criticisms about Cahill's performance are 'knee-jerk' I honestly begin questioning whether they've watched any of our last 20 or so games. Cahill has been playing poorly all season.

:lol:

well, there is our manager (world's best manager) and then there are opinions of brillaint analysts like yourself who say that GC has been poor for 20 odd games???

well, i for one know who to believe!!!

20 odd games!!! that actually cracked me up!!! :lol:

He needs to be "rested" for a few games.

i dont think there should be quotes for rested. he should actually be RESTED. has played 90 minutes in every match for us except for the maribor double header. has played 90 minutes for england in all their matches. the guy actually needs a rest.

i dont think there should be quotes for rested. he should actually be RESTED. has played 90 minutes in every match for us except for the maribor double header. has played 90 minutes for england in all their matches. the guy actually needs a rest.

No he needs to be dropped because he's been pretty terrible of late. While he may well be tired and needs a rest that doesn't completely excuse his current form because some of the mistakes he's made, especially when it comes to decision making, have absolutely nothing to do with fatigue.

No he needs to be dropped because he's been pretty terrible of late. While he may well be tired and needs a rest that doesn't completely excuse his current form because some of the mistakes he's made, especially when it comes to decision making, have absolutely nothing to do with fatigue.

actually fatigue (specially mental fatigue), forces a person into poor decision making, be it in life or sports. for eg - i remember GC going into a tackle at newcastle near about the half line and missing the slide tackle against newcastle. i honestly dont remember GC ever doing that. if anything, he leaves tackling an opponent to the last minute and keeps backing off.

he actually seems tired and should be properly rested. i really hope we dont see him partnering zouma against derby.

Remember when he first joined people were comparing him to Terry in his prime?

Even now Terry is much better.

You are being nice to Cahill.

Terry is a world class defender who should always be the very first pick for England.

Cahill is a good dependable player and that pretty much all he's ever going to be. Nothing wrong with that btw.

Jesus Christ. Talk about overreaction. He has had a recent spell of inconsistent performances but we kept a clean sheet. He conceced one free kick today and made one sideward header. Was he poor? Clean sheet, won majority of his tussles and we still get his critics trying to bash him. I really don't understand. I thought our defence was solid. It is funny how people think he is playing poor but he continues to be a regular fixture in this team. Azpi was rotated and Luis came in. We don't see Cahill getting dropped. It seems like me and @didierforever are the only Cahill supporters on this forum. And of course Jose Mourinho. I get some of the constructive criticism but the level I am seeing at is way OTT imo.

If it was so bad, Cahill would have been dropped. And before anyone says we don't have any adequate cover. Zouma has done very well when he has came in and Ivanovic could play at CB and Mourinho knows he can count on him there. If Mourinho thought that he was playing as bad as you lot are making out he would have been dropped.