The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started quite well so far.. Did lose to Traz in the Super Cup but I'm unbeaten in the league after five games, won 4, drew 1 (that was Fenerbache!) got a horrible CL group though.. Real Madrid, AC Milan and Anderlecht, lost to AC 1-0 :(

I used to always rape fifa manager games but i got recommended football manager, and it's a lot better, but besides the fact every team in the premier league doesn't have player pictures or a badge or anything which is weird...

By the way anyway you can get your strikers to play properly?, My midfield kicks ass it produces great crosses but i usually go down the centre a lot, and Drogba can't finish for shit, he's only scored 11 goals and it's febuary now, is there anyway you can get them to shoot properly?, like he gets about 8 one on ones every match and all he does is either kick it at the keeper or put it wide, very very rarely he scores.

And Essien wants to leave becasue of lack of dicipline, how do you put more dicipline into the team?, i've added some in formation if that helps such as more disciplined instead of roaming about but i really doubt that's it.

If anyone can help your a legend.

I used to always rape fifa manager games but i got recommended football manager, and it's a lot better, but besides the fact every team in the premier league doesn't have player pictures or a badge or anything which is weird...

By the way anyway you can get your strikers to play properly?, My midfield kicks ass it produces great crosses but i usually go down the centre a lot, and Drogba can't finish for shit, he's only scored 11 goals and it's febuary now, is there anyway you can get them to shoot properly?, like he gets about 8 one on ones every match and all he does is either kick it at the keeper or put it wide, very very rarely he scores.

And Essien wants to leave becasue of lack of dicipline, how do you put more dicipline into the team?, i've added some in formation if that helps such as more disciplined instead of roaming about but i really doubt that's it.

If anyone can help your a legend.

Download this megapack for FM, it adds faces, kits and badges ;)

Drogba is acting like that for me too, he just can't shoot the ball nicely. The problem could be his shoots with power skill, ask him to stop it, though I'm not sure that will fix it.

I personally bench Drogba and play Torres as a poacher attack set up as a target man with ball to his feet. Works wonders, only player who scored more then Torres was Messi in my save, but I also played Lukaku, Drogba and Sturridge so Torres could've beaten him ^^.

TApnMU.png

Also, try Guiseppe Rossi or Aguero if you don't have Torres, they work the similar way ;)

Download this megapack for FM, it adds faces, kits and badges ;)

Drogba is acting like that for me too, he just can't shoot the ball nicely. The problem could be his shoots with power skill, ask him to stop it, though I'm not sure that will fix it.

I personally bench Drogba and play Torres as a poacher attack set up as a target man with ball to his feet. Works wonders, only player who scored more then Torres was Messi in my save, but I also played Lukaku, Drogba and Sturridge so Torres could've beaten him ^^.

TApnMU.png

Also, try Guiseppe Rossi or Aguero if you don't have Torres, they work the similar way ;)

Sh0n3x your a legend, Sturridge was playing good for me in the first 2 months scoring 8 goals in 9 game, then he got injured for another 3 months came back and he's only scored literally 3 goals now and he came back in bouts january and i'm just coming onto may now, so i've dropped him. And yeah i got lukaku, also got that Daniel Kofi Agyei for my Essien replacement, he even looks like Essien to and he's from ghana and plays in the exact same position and has same skills. Though when the season ends i'll try getting a new striker prefarably the ones you recomended, i've already got my replacement for lampard, Hamsik who i bought in january.

Try these tricks if you are trying to sign a certain player.

1. Scout him and see in the report if he's interested in joining your club.

2. Talk with the media, show your interest and admire him, but don't do it too much because it gives no effect then.

3. In the player report there will sometimes be the amount of money your scout thinks you'll need to offer to get the player. Send a bit that is a bit lower than the one in the report.

4. It won't get accepted. Keep sending improved bids, but don't pay the money the other club will ask of you, they'll always try to milk as much money as possible.

5. Use monthly installments! They are extremely useful if you've got a big transfer budget.

Take a look at this video ;)

Sh0n3x your a legend, Sturridge was playing good for me in the first 2 months scoring 8 goals in 9 game, then he got injured for another 3 months came back and he's only scored literally 3 goals now and he came back in bouts january and i'm just coming onto may now, so i've dropped him. And yeah i got lukaku, also got that Daniel Kofi Agyei for my Essien replacement, he even looks like Essien to and he's from ghana and plays in the exact same position and has same skills. Though when the season ends i'll try getting a new striker prefarably the ones you recomended, i've already got my replacement for lampard, Hamsik who i bought in january.

You either followed my guide or we think the same way :champions:

Cheers.

Try these tricks if you are trying to sign a certain player.

1. Scout him and see in the report if he's interested in joining your club.

2. Talk with the media, show your interest and admire him, but don't do it too much because it gives no effect then.

3. In the player report there will sometimes be the amount of money your scout thinks you'll need to offer to get the player. Send a bit that is a bit lower than the one in the report.

4. It won't get accepted. Keep sending improved bids, but don't pay the money the other club will ask of you, they'll always try to milk as much money as possible.

5. Use monthly installments! They are extremely useful if you've got a big transfer budget.

Take a look at this video ;)

You either followed my guide or we think the same way :champions:

Cheers.

Lol no way did you get Hamsik and Daniel Agyei...

if so i bet you didn't get Alex Oxdale Chamberlain and Iturbe, cause i also bought them for very cheap prices.

Though by the way to let you know Drogba did improve, he's score a lot more than 11 now, he's on to 20 goals in 25 matches, which is good, but really that injury did him good, he came back and scored lots of goals, were sturridge lost it. I only give Lukaku about 30 minutes game time, he's scored 2 goals in 9 matches, which isn't so bad to be honest for a young starter. But had an epic match against Liverpool, won 5-3 at the bridge Drogba scored a hattrick lampard scored then essien hit a flukey goal from long distance which hit off the bar and hit pepe reina in the back of the head and went in. And then lost to liverpool 3-1 at Anfield, with Drogba scoring the goal, and to think we were up 1-0 at halftime :angry: .

EDIT

By the way the facepacks and stuff don't seem to be working, i coped the folder and pasted it over my original data folder n nothing worked.

Edited by Sloth

• 2 weeks later...

i play fifa all the time but ive never played this game. i figured i'd get this game and see if i like it. but idk what should get.

i looked it up online and the disc you buy says its for the mac...? is it only for the mac.

amazon has the disc and an option for a download. should i just get the download or will it have less stuff?

i play fifa all the time but ive never played this game. i figured i'd get this game and see if i like it. but idk what should get.

i looked it up online and the disc you buy says its for the mac...? is it only for the mac.

amazon has the disc and an option for a download. should i just get the download or will it have less stuff?

No i've not got a mac and i've got it on here, you can get a demo for it on the official site. I've now fell in love with the game, i used to play fifa manager 11, but i much prefare this one.

No i've not got a mac and i've got it on here, you can get a demo for it on the official site. I've now fell in love with the game, i used to play fifa manager 11, but i much prefare this one.

Thanks man. I'll be getting it soon

• 1 month later...

Started a new save with Chelsea. I'm very satisfied because everything went according to plan with transfers and new staff members. All pre-season games won plus the one with United for CS.

Planned 1st XI for this season

Mata Torres Sanchez

Lampard Essien

Mikel

Cole Terry Luiz Ivanovic

Cech

Planned 1st XI for 2nd season

Torres

Mata Ganso Sanchez

Mikel Essien

Cole Terry Luiz Vrsaljko

Cech

vTD9jI.png

8LyCrP.png

Anyone got experience with Ganso? Is he good in EPL? I plan to buy him in my 2nd season and play him behind a striker as a advanced playmaker in 4-2-3-1.

I gotta say that Zhirkov impressed me. Played like Gareth Bale, flying on that left wing as assisting. Now I feel sorry for bringing Mata, I could've taken him in the next season.

Anyone got experience with Ganso? Is he good in EPL? I plan to buy him in my 2nd season and play him behind a striker as a advanced playmaker in 4-2-3-1.

He is amazing and probably turns into the best AMC in the game, or certainly one of them. He'll hit 20 passing.

I've been moving around all over the place in my current save.

Season 1 : Lokomotiv Moscow - 3rd place and Cup final appearance

Season 2 : Lokomotiv Moscow - Champions. Resignation.

Season 3 : Serie B with Reggina - Took over when they were 15th with half the season gone. Finished 6th and got into the playoffs but lost in the Playoff final.

Season 4 : Promotion to Serie A and winning the Serie B. Resignation.

Season 5 : Shakhtar. Champions. Resignation.

Season 6 : Dinamo Kiev - Ukrainian Super Cup, Ukrainian Cup and second place. Resignation.

Season 7 : Coventry in the Championship. 7th place.

Season 8 : Promotion to Premiership and winning the Championship. Resignation.

Season 9 : Almeria in La Liga. They'd been promoted previous season and my brief was to avoid relegation. Was 13th in April when the Porto seat became vacant and I applied. They offered me a contract so took it.

Season 9 : Portuguese Cup and CL semis with Porto.

Season 10 : Ongoing. Top of the league, CL first round so far.