Frank Lampard

DavidEU

With the Merieles thing. I honestly would play him over Lampard every day of the week Simply becuase he will try his hardest give it all, not sulk around, play like he wants tto be somewhere else or try and create mutiny against a manager for dropping him.

I'd like to calmly (although I want to burst) disagree. When I watch Merieles defend, it's like watching a street baller put on studs and try to kick someone down. When I watch Lampard defend, it isn't always brilliant but he routinely makes stellar sliding tackles in midfield....oh and he STILL scores goals.

I'm not opposed to letting someone better or younger start to ween him out, but I just think you're wrong there.

I'd like to calmly (although I want to burst) disagree. When I watch Merieles defend, it's like watching a street baller put on studs and try to kick someone down. When I watch Lampard defend, it isn't always brilliant but he routinely makes stellar sliding tackles in midfield....oh and he STILL scores goals.

I'm not opposed to letting someone better or younger start to ween him out, but I just think you're wrong there.

So even though Lampard has been egotistical, selfish and downright disrespectful not just to AVB, but to the fans (who some have their mouths firmly down his cock they get offended when anyone gives constructful criticis on him) by playing like he could not give a damn just to make a point, we should keep him on just becuase others might not be as good.

But even then, lets not make the number of goals he scored (3 were penalties and one was a complete fluke) mask over the fact as a midfielder he is one of the most slow, uncreative players we have. Some people act as if Raul has no legs, he may not score goals and might not be able to tackle well. But atleast his a bit quicker, has more drive and can adapt to different formations and tactics. Its pathetic that Lampard can only play in a 4-3-3 that uses the tactics Jose uses. Its lik his a one-dimensional player.

He's been doing those kinds of celebrations all season. He knows that the regulars that go to Stamford Bridge were anti-AVB and pro-oldguard so he used that to his advantage.

And he not only tapped the badge against Bolton, he also raised both his hands and defiantly brought them down while pointing at the ground in a "I belong here and I'm not going anywhere" manner. At first I shrugged it off and thought maybe it was a call-back to his goal at the Reebok to win the title because he does the same thing when he scores there, but it just doesn't make sense and I believe in his mind he wanted to send the fans a message. He also stopped abruptly while doing the hand thing so he probably wasn't thinking when he started doing it and then realized so he stopped.

Thoughts?

I think you're over analyzing. I think the hand gesture was exactly that "this is where I scored our title winning goals". We don't know the person so it's almost impossible to say what he really meant.

Lol this is almost becoming like those illuminati videos in youtube :D I don't know what to believe anymore.

Just pretend he wasn't involved in the coup, and look at him objectively: he offers little to the team apart from goals, if Lukaku matures or we buy a decent striker his role is redundant. Terminate his contract in the summer, and Raul Meireles' for good measure, and sign a couple of decent young midfielders to replace them. Or we could use Romeu/McEachran instead but we could use the depth.

Frank Lampard is a Chelsea legend, and he will always be one and can't believe Chelsea fans turning their back on him over the sacking of AVB and his poor form and attitude this season, after all he has done for this club. Let me just remind you, what he has done for this club.

Frank Lampard - Career with Chelsea

Joined 2001(11 years with Chelsea)

543 Appearances (4th in all time appearances for Chelsea)

182 Goals (3rd in all time goal scoring for Chelsea)

115 Assists

Trophies won with Chelsea;

Premier League (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10

FA Cup (3): 2007, 2009, 2010

League Cup (2): 2005, 2007

FA Community Shield (2): 2005, 2009

World Football Challenge (1): 2009

Barclays Asia Trophy (2): 2003, 2011

Individual Awards won while at Chelsea;

2005 FIFA World Player of the Year - Silver Award

2005 Ballon d'Or - Silver Award

FWA Footballer of the Year - 2005

UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year - 2008

World XI - 2005

PFA Fans' Player of the Year - 2005

Premier League : Player of the Decade, (2000–2009) according to official statistics

Premier League : Best player (2) - 2004–05, 2005–06

England Player of the Year - 2004, 2005

Premier League Player of the Month - September 2003, April 2005, October 2005, October 2008

Premier League Player of the Season - 2004-05, 2005–06

Chelsea Player of the Year - 2004, 2005, 2009

PFA Premier League Team of the Year - 2004, 2005, 2006

Premier League : 2004–05 Barclays Merit Award (for 164 consecutive appearances)

ESM Team of the Year - 2004/2005, 2005/2006, 2009/2010

FWA Tribute Award - 2010

Premier League : leader in assists - 2004–05 : 16 assists, 2009–10 : 17 assists

FA Cup: Best player - 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10

FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2007

Carling Cup : Best player - 2004–05, 2006–07

Premier League : Midfielder with the most goals in premier league history - 145 goals

Chelsea F.C. : Top goalscorer - 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08

Goal of the Month - April 2010

2011 Barclays Asia Trophy - player of tournament

2003 FA Premier League Asia Cup - player of tournament

only player to score at least 10 goals in nine consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

FA Cup 2006–07 leading goal scorer : 6 goals

He is one of the Chelsea most achieved and best player we've ever seen. Just because one season where his form hasn't been the Frank Lampard we've been used too and he hasn't shown the best attitude because he hasn't been playing as much as he would like too, doesn't mean you shouldn't forget about all he has done for this club, staying loyal in the 11 years where his been so good for us, scoring important goals and playing some great matches where it's matter most.

His just desperate to play for Chelsea, he still loves Chelsea no doubt, he just didn't have a good relationship with AVB. If he couldn't take that he wasn't getting much playing time and couldn't put up with AVB he could've requested a transfer in the Summer transfer window in January.

But no, he didn't and his kept at it trying to win back his place in the team he loves and wants to play and get success for.

he'll always be a Chelsea legend to me and you're kidding yourself not to think he isn't, just because of one bad season.

Frank Lampard is a Chelsea legend, and he will always be one and can't believe Chelsea fans turning their back on him over the sacking of AVB and his poor form and attitude this season, after all he has done for this club. Let me just remind you, what he has done for this club.

115 Assists

World XI - 2005

Premier League : Player of the Decade, (2000–2009) according to official statistics

Premier League Player of the Month - September 2003, April 2005, October 2005, October 2008

FWA Tribute Award - 2010

Premier League : Midfielder with the most goals in premier league history - 145 goals

only player to score at least 10 goals in nine consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

He is one of the Chelsea most achieved and best player we've ever seen. Just because one season where his form hasn't been the Frank Lampard we've been used too and he hasn't shown the best attitude because he hasn't been playing as much as he would like too, doesn't mean you shouldn't forget about all he has done for this club, staying loyal in the 11 years where his been so good for us, scoring important goals and playing some great matches where it's matter most.

His just desperate to play for Chelsea, he still loves Chelsea no doubt, he just didn't have a good relationship with AVB. If he couldn't take that he wasn't getting much playing time and couldn't put up with AVB he could've requested a transfer in the Summer transfer window in January.

But no, he didn't and his kept at it trying to win back his place in the team he loves and wants to play and get success for.

he'll always be a Chelsea legend to me and you're kidding yourself not to think he isn't, just because of one bad season.

that gives him a right to act this way?

115 Assists

World XI - 2005

FWA Tribute Award - 2010

And so bloody what?...He didnt do all this for free remember as well?...Seems you dont know what legends are made of, when you do come back let us have a conversation and if you are bold enough to reply this with something, then we will start a legend/stat war.....Are you game?

AussieDan, a legend does not put his own interest ahead of the club. A legend is not supposed to be selfish. A legend is supposed to know whats best, and what was best for the club was to let Villas-Boas give his project a go. Now he's been denied of that, in acrimonious circumstances. And no-one, from a player, manager, owner, board member, down to the cleaner is bigger than the club, regardless of how much money they've ploughed into the club, regardless of how many goals and how many trophies they've won.

This was an enormously selfish act, him and his cronies could not accept the very easily acceptable fact that they were over the hill and it was time for them to wind down their careers. So they got benched once or twice, thats no reason to go have a fucking sulk. If you are truly a legend you'll either work doubly hard in training and in the matchday opportunities you're given to force your way back in or you'll accept it and not complain.

:worship:

I'm shocked by some recent posts on this topic. Would just like to point out that nobody knows for sure what has been going on in the dressing room, what kind of a relationship has been present between the two. But the fact is Lamps is a Chelsea legend, maybe even the greatest of all times.

I'm shocked by some recent posts on this topic. Would just like to point out that nobody knows for sure what has been going on in the dressing room, what kind of a relationship has been present between the two. But the fact is Lamps is a Chelsea legend, maybe even the greatest of all times.

Maybe Lampard wasn't responsible for the sacking.Many of you are speculating that he did.

Nobody is saying he is not........Nobody is holding him solely responsible either....But how the fuck has our legend been playing all season?....Definitely not close to legendary, and he goes about bitching about playing time and how those who have been here longer love chelsea more....And in the next game he does next to nothing?....Get real man

Nobody is say he is not........Nobody his holding him solely responsible either....But how the fuck has our legend been playing all season?....Definitely not close to legendary, and he goes about bitching about playing time and how those who have been here longer love chelsea more....And in the next game he does next to nothing?....Get real man

He has scored 13 goals for us so far.That not good enough for you?