Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

His stats show he has an end product unlike the former.

He was largely inconsistent for Lazio and even at the start for West Ham. Showed glimpses but now hes got like 7 goals in 9 games so obviously improving/on a hot run, worth considering but he plays left side more i think.

He was largely inconsistent for Lazio and even at the start for West Ham. Showed glimpses but now hes got like 7 goals in 9 games so obviously improving/on a hot run, worth considering but he plays left side more i think.
You obviously have to give players time to adjust and he's doing just that. I'd still stay clear due to any fee West Ham would command after paying £30m themselves.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

You obviously have to give players time to adjust and he's doing just that. I'd still stay clear due to any fee West Ham would command after paying £30m themselves.

True. I think if he maintains his form, come March he will be in Brazil national team squad selection. Plus West Ham paying 36m upfront and another 5m or 6m in bonuses over his contract means we need to spend at least at 50 or 60m in my eyes to make them consider sellingm

True. I think if he maintains his form, come March he will be in Brazil national team squad selection. Plus West Ham paying 36m upfront and another 5m or 6m in bonuses over his contract means we need to spend at least at 50 or 60m in my eyes to make them consider sellingm
Talk circulating that we've agreed €50m fee for Pulisic has be worried about Willian #2.

We haven't gone after a winger that had a notable goal return & potential since Salah. Pedro, Cuadrado and Willian have 80m+ with little return in all honesty.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Talk circulating that we've agreed €50m fee for Pulisic has be worried about Willian #2.

We haven't gone after a winger that had a notable goal return & potential since Salah. Pedro, Cuadrado and Willian have 80m+ with little return in all honesty.

True but I think Pulisic has the potential to be a very good player. Harsh to write him off as average aged 20, in a season where they arent playing him because hes not interested in renewing/looking to move. If Sancho wasnt flying either hed be considered a lot better. When Sancho tails off, as alot of young players do due to fatigue/loss of form, the Pulisic is a good player train will start again.

I would say for 32m Willian has done alright since coming in, I never expected him to be a player who would score 15 plus a season from out wide but weve won 2 PLs, 1 league cup, 1 FA cup when hes been here. Now he needs improved upon, has done for 2-3 seasons in my eyes but I doubt we will get a 20 goals a season right winger and even if we do, it doesnt automatically mean we will be a better team for it. Has to be a player who is creative and can score goals.

True but I think Pulisic has the potential to be a very good player. Harsh to write him off as average aged 20, in a season where they arent playing him because hes not interested in renewing/looking to move. If Sancho wasnt flying either hed be considered a lot better. When Sancho tails off, as alot of young players do due to fatigue/loss of form, the Pulisic is a good player train will start again.
I would say for 32m Willian has done alright since coming in, I never expected him to be a player who would score 15 plus a season from out wide but weve won 2 PLs, 1 league cup, 1 FA cup when hes been here. Now he needs improved upon, has done for 2-3 seasons in my eyes but I doubt we will get a 20 goals a season right winger and even if we do, it doesnt automatically mean we will be a better team for it. Has to be a player who is creative and can score goals.
I just don't think we can afford to buy someone that has shown little end product thus far in his career (albeit short) and especially, if he's one of Hazard's replacements.

Pepe, Lozano or even Thorgan come to mind before Pulisic. Should this deal actually happen, it seems like another "easy job" signing.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I just don't think we can afford to buy someone that has shown little end product thus far in his career (albeit short) and especially, if he's one of Hazard's replacements.

Pepe, Lozano or even Thorgan come to mind before Pulisic. Should this deal actually happen, it seems like another "easy job" signing.

Thorgan, unfortunately, is a LWer, just like his big brother.

Part of the reason Pulisic scores so little is he almost always plays RW, as a righted-footed player. I am not a fan of RF RWers. Look at a fair amount of Willian's goals over the years. They have come from the left.

Thorgan, unfortunately, is a LWer, just like his big brother.

Part of the reason Pulisic scores so little is he almost always plays RW, as a righted-footed player. I am not a fan of RF RWers. Look at a fair amount of Willian's goals over the years. They have come from the left.

I'm just talking about effective wingers at this point, as Hazard's department seems more probably by the day.

19 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Unfortunately its something we will have to do, if Hazard stays or goes. Cant see us signing a high profile player in his prime in that position. We will need to buy a work in progress. Pepe is overrated. Lozano has had more consistency as has Thorgan. Its positions that need to be filled.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm just talking about effective wingers at this point, as Hazard's department seems more probably by the day.

Yes, agree on that point, unfortunately. We are going to take a massive hit if Eden leaves in the summer. There are no LWers remotely close to him who are actually available,  unless we drop 250-300m or so on Mbappe or 200 to 225m on Neymar, which is never going to happen.

Unfortunately its something we will have to do, if Hazard stays or goes. Cant see us signing a high profile player in his prime in that position. We will need to buy a work in progress. Pepe is overrated. Lozano has had more consistency as has Thorgan. Its positions that need to be filled.
Yes, agree on that point, unfortunately. We are going to take a massive hit if Eden leaves in the summer. There are no LWers remotely close to him who are actually available,  unless we drop 250-300m or so on Mbappe or 200 to 225m on Neymar, which is never going to happen.

Very uncertain times right now. The whole Roman saga, potential transfer ban & Hazard's future.

I personally think this window will answer alot of questions about what direct we are going in.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Very uncertain times right now. The whole Roman saga, potential transfer ban & Hazard's future.

I personally think this window will answer alot of questions about what direct we are going in.

Let's hope you are right. The only thing I feel fairly certain of is Higuain coming in for a 6 month loan with Morata going the other way. If Juve didnt need to get Hig's massive salary off their books, they would block that as well. The deal is going to be very complicated due to amortisation issues, plus our stance on over 30yo's contracts.

Pulisic ends up with Victimpool, I think, as well.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Let's hope you are right. The only thing I feel fairly certain of is Higuain coming

But their manager says we haven't even been in touch with them. We will see.

I said we was going to have HG problems!

Chelsea aim to buy British in bid to comply with Premier League rules as six homegrown players could leave

Chelsea will focus their attentions on the British market in the next two windows

The Blues want new homegrown talent to comply with quota rules next season

Six current homegrown players face uncertain futures under Maurizio Sarri

They include Gary Cahill, Cesc Fabregas, Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6497807/Chelsea-aim-buy-British-bid-comply-Premier-League-rules.html

On 29/12/2018 at 4:32 AM, Unionjack said:

But their manager says we haven't even been in touch with them. We will see.

I said we was going to have HG problems!

Chelsea aim to buy British in bid to comply with Premier League rules as six homegrown players could leave

Chelsea will focus their attentions on the British market in the next two windows

The Blues want new homegrown talent to comply with quota rules next season

Six current homegrown players face uncertain futures under Maurizio Sarri

They include Gary Cahill, Cesc Fabregas, Danny Drinkwater and Victor Moses

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6497807/Chelsea-aim-buy-British-bid-comply-Premier-League-rules.html

HG targets (for better or worse) for us to meet quota

GK Angus Gunn

GK Nick Pope

CB Nathan Aké (via buyback clause)

CB Declan Rice

CB Reece Oxford

CB Fikayo Tomori (maybe promoted to our main squad)

CB Ezri Konsa (Brentford)

LB Ryan Sessegnon 

LB Ben Chilwell

LB Rico Henry (Brentford)

RB Reece James (promoted to our main squad, has star potential from what I see)

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich)

RB James Justin (Luton Town)

CMF Aaron Ramsey (zero clue where he ends up, I think outside the UK)

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth)

CMF Morgan Gibbs-White 

AMF Mason Mount (promoted to main squad, so hope he comes good in a huge way)

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

AMF Jack Grealish  

AMF Eberechi Eze (QPR)

LW Jadon Sancho 

LW Ollie Watkins (Brentford)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson 

CF Marcus Rashford (they would never sell to us)

CF Romelu Lukaku (he is actually homegrown, but hell NO)

CF Callum Wilson (bad knees and a meh)

CF Dominic Calvert-Lewin 

CF Tammy Abraham

Barcelona, Real Madrid interest in Toulouse's Jean-Clair Todibo

https://www.football-espana.net/76124/barcelona-real-madrid-interest-toulouses-jean-clair-todibo

Real Madrid and Barcelona are among the clubs interested in the in-demand Toulose defender Jean-Clair Todibo, according to reports.

El Mundo Deportivo have reported Barca’s interest in the 18-year-old while Marca have also stated that Madrid are in the mix for his signature.

Having started his career as a midfielder, Todibo has made 10 starts for his club in Ligue 1 this season in the heart of defence and will be a free agent in June.

Marca quote the player’s agent Bruno Satin as saying: “He wants to prove himself at the highest level, I am sure he will be at a big club soon.”

He would be a great young ball-playing CB for us

been talking about him for a while

looks like one of the giants will scoop him up

Juan Mata is available for free in the summer. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad. We need more left-footed and intelligent attacking players and that's exactly what Mata is. Plus his outstanding ability in corner kicks and free kicks is very much needed. I'd bet that with Mata we would have won today's game with more than one goal

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Juan Mata is available for free in the summer. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad. We need more left-footed and intelligent attacking players and that's exactly what Mata is. Plus his outstanding ability in corner kicks and free kicks is very much needed. I'd bet that with Mata we would have won today's game with more than one goal

he should never have left us, he was a fan favorite, its all Mou's fault.