test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

21,643 posts in this topic

1. Matic is also a very complete player but he's a number 6, just like Javi Martinez is. They are very similar players, but I think Javi has a bit more going on for him defensively while Matic has more finesse about him.

2. He's definitely no Schweinsteiger, not in that mold at all. I wouldn't sign him to play next to Matic because they're both too similar to each other, both number 6s. Signing him would be very bad because we already have Matic.

Disagree with the first part, i think Matic is the better defensive player. Martinez has much more going for him in term of creativity and passing. Although Matic has a better close control. When Martinez was at Athletic Bibao, BIelsa used him to start their attacks and he was a focal point of that team. Last season at Bayern you would see him burst forward a lot while Schweinsteiger would cover him and vise versa. Yeah he is no Schwinsteiger, when healthy and form he is the most complete midfielder in the world. But Martinez is a complete players, i have seen enough of him over the years to know his versatility.

I disagree on the second statement also. Mou likes his players that can be effective in attack and defensively. Both players have both trait, and Mou also likes his players to be technically good and play with speed and quickness. With the way Mou wants to play, Press high and when on the ball push the ball forward and everyone attack, it is essence what Mou would like to do. Martinez and Matic fit perfectly to what Mou wants to do, they both have the passing range and creativity combined to make us dangerous. Also this partnership can basically disrupt any midfield in the world.

This is fantasy as i said earlier, there are no rumors of Martinez leaving Bayern. I think he is wasted there as a CB. But i would love to see us snatch him up.

kellzfresh likes this

Why not both Costa and Vela :)

With all the possible sales including Luiz and Lukaku who might leave, we will have more than enough money to get four players in summer (LB, CM, ST and possibly AM)

I like how you're thinking. Varane, Vela, Costa, and a CM.

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/5396/20140406/football-transfer-rumors-chelsea-to-break-transfer-record-by-bringing-sergio-aguero-to-stamford-bridge.htm

Lol.

Is there any Arsenal player you would take?

For me Ramsey and maybe Wilshere. But don't trust any of them to stay healthy, but we have better medical trainers though.

Mohammed Seif likes this

For me Ramsey and maybe Wilshere. But don't trust any of them to stay healthy, but we have better medical trainers though.

I'd take Gedion Zelalem and maybe Gnabry. That is just because they are young and seem to have good potential, the Arsenal players don't really impress me.

Reddish-Blue likes this

Wouldn't take any of them.

City again linked with Mangala, even Suarez (lol), while United looks closely for Gundogan and Reus...

Despite I want us to work more with youth like Lukaku, I will be pissed if City/United/Lpool improve their teams with world class players, while we dont. We should stay as much competitive, we already have plenty of young players like Azpi, Zouma, Oscar, Hazard, Lukaku,...we need to buy some proven quality, its what will make us more consistent. We need to go after quality, not quantity.

Generaly I dont believe we can integrate 20 y.o. (maybe only Lukaku) in starting eleven and give him week in week out chances, while staying in touch with PL or CL trophy next year. We could do that in summer with Lukaku (when we had shit strikers), or Sturridge few years ago, but our board prefers older players. Im sure we wouldnt finish lower than 3rd with Lukaku this season, the great bonus would be that we would have Lukaku with year of playing for us ahead of next season. Mou didnt trust him, despite being transition period (time to replace old with new) and now he will face it. Should we make Lukaku starter this year, he could actualy become realy good next season.

Just Wilshere or Ramsey, I think either would be fantastic next to Matic in the pivot.

maybe chamberlain because he is english and quite good for 20 y.o

The Skipper likes this

No and Mourinho wouldn't take any of those marshmallows either.

On another note Kovacic made a decent second half appearance against Bologna. That doesn't look like a 19 year old who never gets to play, still a work in progress but he's going to be a rare type.

Yes, which is exactly why we shouldn't want him...

If they're asking the question of which Arse player I'd have here he's probably the only one for me. Walcott if he could stay fit.

José Mourinho has confirmed he wants a new striker at Chelsea, with a £35m move for Diego Costa in the offing. (Source: Sunday Express)