Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think we need a minimum of four signings; LWB, RWB, CM, RF, but I suspect Antonio would like at least five since he does not seem to believe in our backup CF. All that is assuming there are no significant departures which, in respect of Diego & Thibaut, might be big assumptions.

Six or seven new players in a single window is not a realistic expectation. That's why I hoped we'd make one or two captures in this window and eat into the problem a little bit. As it is, we have big needs and will face many more clubs, with more money than ever to compete for the players we want, or to fend off our interest in theirs. We are going to have to be patient and make ourselves as competitive as we can while building our strength over the course of a few transfer windows.

Honestly, I think it's certain we'll try to sign centre-back. Can't see going with 3 young players in Christensen, Ake and Zouma. Then if Fabregas leaves we need to replace him. So we're talking about 6 signings. LWB, RWB, CB, 2 x CM, RW. Then we don't know what will happen with Courtois, Hazard and Diego Costa. The only certain players to still play in the first XI next season are Azpilicueta, David Luiz and Kante. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Honestly, I think it's certain we'll try to sign centre-back. Can't see going with 3 young players in Christensen, Ake and Zouma. Then if Fabregas leaves we need to replace him. So we're talking about 6 signings. LWB, RWB, CB, 2 x CM, RW. Then we don't know what will happen with Courtois, Hazard and Diego Costa. The only certain players to still play in the first XI next season are Azpilicueta, David Luiz and Kante. 

A reasonable, but scary, analysis.

Going to be a very very busy summer across the top 6. We are extremely flush with cash, will hopefully be the PL champions and have the allure of Conte and Champions League.

I can't even guess how many players he will want to bring in but Chelsea are going to look mighty different next year I think. 

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A reasonable, but scary, analysis.

Yeah and I fully expect Chelsea to sign those 6 players. However I don't believe all of them will be of required quality. My bet is that 3 will be great and stay with us for long and 3 will be players that we have objects from the start only to grow frustration and be completely fed up after 6 months. That's how I see it. Hopefully those 3 good players will be left wing-back, partner to Kante and right forward. 

once Chelsea have completed the 2016/2017 season and finish inside the top 4.

Then Chelsea can buy and attract any player that loves the Champions League and then Chelsea can buy the big players/the game changers after receiving the Champions League Cash/Money for making it into the UCL Group Stages.

also the New Nike and Yokohama Tyres Chelsea Kit will attract the players who are Sponsored by NIKE.

Can someone explain to me why we're still not linked with AS Monaco's Bernardo Silva? Watched some videos of this guy and he would be such a good signing for the RW position. No need for Griezmann when you can get this guy. 

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Can someone explain to me why we're still not linked with AS Monaco's Bernardo Silva? Watched some videos of this guy and he would be such a good signing for the RW position. No need for Griezmann when you can get this guy. 

We will be after right winger/forward that is left footed and the list is longer than just Bernardo Silva but he should be among top targets imo :) alongside Lamar, Bernardeschi and Mahrez

On 01/02/2017 at 1:40 PM, jernej93 said:

Yes ! :)

He should be among top targets for RF position. We need a proper left footed winger :) 

Kylian Mbappe would be great in that RF position :) even wenger said he's so like Henry 

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Does anybody on this forum rated Iñaki Williams as a striker?? 

World class talent but we should focus on strengthening other parts of our team first :) Striker is currently our strongest position with Costa, Batshuayi and Abraham (worldclass striker, young and proven striker and wonderkid) ;) 

World class talent but we should focus on strengthening other parts of our team first [emoji4] Striker is currently our strongest position with Costa, Batshuayi and Abraham (worldclass striker, young and proven striker and wonderkid) [emoji6] 

Could easily be used as a winger, but I agree with the sentiment that we should be after other targets.

Seems like he'll be Aubameyang's replacement in the summer.