Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Welbeck is more suited to Arsenal. Technically he is better than Giroud, he can combine better with players etc and he could play the false 9 more or less, with Sanchez going in the middle etc or when Walcott is fit him going from the wings to the middle etc. Falcao would have been a better move, but Wenger probably didnt want to pay his wages.

Ironically, the aspects you described there are exactly what Giroud have been providing at Arsenal. He's technically good and links up well with the players and there have been so many examples of that. Welbeck may perhaps be similar but I'm not really sure if he's better than Giroud. If anything, one can say he only has better workrate and ability to take on players.

Regarding Falcao, I doubt he would have been a better move. Sure, he will get the goals for Arsenal but in terms of suiting their style of play, it would probably be out of sync. He's more of a goal poacher than anything else that needs the team to be built around him as opposed to someone who is more of an all-rounder that can combine with the type of players at the club.

He's scored something like 20 goals in 49 games for United being played out of position. I can't see him being as prolific as Sturridge, but I don't think he'll do as bad as everyone expects.

your numbers are well off. 20 goals in 90 league games, and 29 in 139 total. 10 in 36 last season.

Thing about english is that I prefer less quality than more quantity. And atm, I cant find single english player that would actualy improve us...

We will have to get few of them eventualy, hopefuly Baker and RLC will be good enough from our side, then Baker, Ward-Prowse, Clyne, Stones etc...but even those will have to make huge steps forward to get in our team...

I'd add Eric Dier, Ross Barkley & Raheem Sterling to the mix, all depends on how they develop though. Sterling is 'potentially' world class, Liverpool would be looking at a british transfer record if WE went after him.. so maybe not.

How strange to see we're making profit.

It is all good just hope we don't get obsessed over it and eventually decide to only sign cheap potential players like Arsenal and MU until this summer or what Liverpool is doing. What makes this club so strong is that Roman doesn't care about profit and always invest whatever is needed or we got from transfer into other top transfers. I mean look at Liverpool can't afford the likes of Sanchez and Fabregas most likely because of their wages, I hope it won't happen to us.

For example I fully expect us to go in for Marco Reus next summer if he is available for transfer unless Oscar has an absolute blinder of a season,

I'd add Eric Dier, Ross Barkley & Raheem Sterling to the mix, all depends on how they develop though. Sterling is 'potentially' world class, Liverpool would be looking at a british transfer record if WE went after him.. so maybe not.

Yup meant to add Barkley, wrote Baker :doh:

Dier and Sterling look impossible though, as we would have to pay like 50m+ for each...

Yup meant to add Barkley, wrote Baker :doh:

Dier and Sterling look impossible though, as we would have to pay like 50m+ for each...

......How is Dier a £50m player all of a sudden? :lol:

Even Sterling is not worth £50m yet. He's at £25m-£30m max!

Can't believe the Falcao deal hasn't been wrapped up. Bet Man United are just one of those clubs who like to announce something to their fans at the last minute on deadline day because it gives them a big boost. I remember how Man Utd fans were after they signed Fellani on deadline day, it was like they'd signed Messi with an afro and a monobrow.

Hull City have signed Southampton forward Gaston Ramirez on a season-long loan deal.

ok. Hull :worship2: respect for their massive deadline day.

I question Steve Bruce's ability to bring out the best in these players. Not exactly the type of his players.

......How is Dier a £50m player all of a sudden? :lol:

Even Sterling is not worth £50m yet. He's at £25m-£30m max!

He is at Spurs, he is english, we are chelsea :D

I was just putting that number hypoteticaly as point that those two will cost more than we would ever pay for them, making them unavailable for us IMO.