Deadline Day!

J.F.

Thing about english is that I prefer less quality than more quantity. And atm, I cant find single english player that would actualy improve us...

We will have to get few of them eventualy, hopefuly Baker and RLC will be good enough from our side, then Baker, Ward-Prowse, Clyne, Stones etc...but even those will have to make huge steps forward to get in our team...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of a sudden, City look a little bare up front, Arsenal in the space of a few weeks have gone from Giroud to Welbeck, whilst we've gotten stronger. Liverpool have strengthened since the start of the season too, whilst United have spent money in no focused direction.

Feeling rather smug tonight.

TBH, Liverpool may have strengthened since the start of the transfer window but even their businesses seem to lack direction.

I see all these English journo's saying how good a move Welbeck to Arse is and comparing this move to Sturridge.

Sturridge is miles more composed and light years better at finishing than Welbeck is. Not even close to being comparable.

Welbeck is indeed a decent player and this is a decent move for him, but he's not the player Arse needed. They needed a clinical penalty box striker who instinctually knows where the net is. Like Falcao who's loan fee they just payed for for the Mancs.

Wellbeck deal done. 16m fee agreed. Better than Giroud for sure.

Welbeck better than Giroud? The latter may not exactly be a world class player but he's a lot better than most people give him credit for and he's definitely better than Welbeck.

Welbeck better than Giroud? The latter may not exactly be a world class player but he's a lot better than most people give him credit for and he's definitely better than Welbeck.

I think that Welbeck is more suited to Arsenal. Technically he is better than Giroud, he can combine better with players etc and he could play the false 9 more or less, with Sanchez going in the middle etc or when Walcott is fit him going from the wings to the middle etc. Falcao would have been a better move, but Wenger probably didnt want to pay his wages.

Would be funny if Welbeck end up doing a Sturridge and scores 20 goals for them, MU will be mad even if Falcao does the same, albeit on 200k more per week and with 30-40m fee more.

He's scored something like 20 goals in 49 games for United being played out of position. I can't see him being as prolific as Sturridge, but I don't think he'll do as bad as everyone expects.

He's scored something like 20 goals in 49 games for United being played out of position. I can't see him being as prolific as Sturridge, but I don't think he'll do as bad as everyone expects.

Checked wiki and Sturridge also scored 15 in 55 for us all on the wing, not saying Welbeck is a better striker but clearly you can't judge him by his goal scoring record considering his circumstance really.

Technically he is better than Giroud, he can combine better with players etc

Completely disagree. Giroud's link up play and passing ability is actually one of the best in the league (for a striker). Guy doesn't have 21 assists in 3 years at Arsenal for fun.

Welbeck's link up play isn't too bad though but Giroud has that advantage over him. Welbeck's main advantage over Giroud is his pace and his (ok) ability to run at people.