Juan Mata

Severinb

Great post.

Players are bound to professional conduct. It's not as if Benayoun would publicly harm the clubs image, nor that of his own position/level of importance. The situation was out of his hands and not in his control, hence the ‘brothers and the toy’ analogy.

You're a strange character.

You display uncanny intelligence in most of your posts, but in others, I find it hard to believe you passed grade school. First off, Benayoun didn't "waltz" into the club, the club purchased him for ~10 million pounds. Secondly, he didn't demand the #10 shirt, he wanted the #15 shirt. It wasn't available and the club offered him the #10. Thirdly, do you really think Benayoun wanted to make everyone his enemy and sing "YNWA" seriously? It was so BLATANTLY tounge-in-cheek, but you refuse to even consider it.

Benayoun is a class act. He's really done nothing to make the rest of us believe otherwise. It just strikes me as odd that you have so much against the man when he's really done nothing...You'll never admit it, but I think it's a matter of pride.

Guest justin_3d

It's not just Lampard's fault. Ramires and Mikel hardly create anything either.

Which is why i'm hoping AVB never plays all of them together again!

Well i do have to say that Lampard is not much of a creative player. He is more of a finisher.

So yeah a line of Ramires, Mikel and Lampard won't offer much.

Hopefully with Mata in the team, he can offer a bit more.

But even then I would still put Mata, Ramires and Mikel in the team. Ramires and Mikel will give enough cover to Mata for him to make his move.

And if we need more attacking options, then on second half you take out Ramires for Lampard.

Guest justin_3d

So if Mata takes Lampard place in the starting 11, then we still need a winger.

Cech

Ivan-David Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Mata

Sturridge-Torres-???

Have said it before, Ramires, Mikel and Lampard are fine individually but offer nothing as a creative unit.

Don't see any way AVB can play "sexy football" with those 3 in the middle.

So if Mata takes Lampard place in the starting 11, then we still need a winger.

Cech

Ivan-David Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Mata

Sturridge-Torres-???

I'm sure Mata will play on the left.

Guest justin_3d

Mata doesn't play there.

He can play also in the midfield.

I would take Mata in that position then Lampard!

Cause if we can't get Modric then we will have to rely on Mata and Yossi for creative needs.

So we would still a winger, which why Alvaro makes sense, but his price is too high.

He can play also in the midfield.

I would take Mata in that position then Lampard!

Cause if we can't get Modric then we will have to rely on Mata and Yossi for creative needs.

So we would still a winger, which why Alvaro makes sense, but his price is too high.

Not really. He can play on the right, left or directly behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Not really. He can play on the right, left or directly behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Yup I'd expect to see him taking Malouda's spot on the left the majority of the time. But AVB likes his Inverted wingers so playing him on the right and having him cut in on his left foot is a strong possibility, we won't be seeing him in midfield though.

Guest justin_3d

Interesting. So why some analyst said he can play in the midfield?

And also AVB mention he could play in the 4-4-2?

Interesting. So why some analyst said he can play in the midfield?

Well techincally hes an Attacking Midfielder more so than a winger but he plays up the left and right and can be played in the center of a 4-2-3-1 Midfield but he can't play from a deeper position like our 4-3-3 so he's best utilized on the wing... yeah