Juan Mata

Severinb

You sound like another supporter like that. I think many other fans of other teams realize how good of a player Mata is. That is poor statement to make if you only think it is Chelsea fans. Every club supporter knows Mata is talented and him missing out on the Spain squad is nothing to be ashamed of because his form recently has been nothing short of brilliant

Hazard's only been here for a minute and I've already so often heard and read people say he's our best player. And that Mata isn't all that. I just laugh when I hear that but it's sad he's not rated highly (enough) in general. Not that it has an effect on my own opinion of him.

Cazorla is getting more attention because he's a big fish in a small pond. Mata is a big fish in a big pond.

Only probable reason that Mata isn't getting the attention is because he's playing for 'Chelsea FC' and we all know what the media thinks of us. Had he been playing for Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Spurs or heck even Liverpool, they will be talking non-stop about Mata right now. I mean really, the wankfest over Cazorla is just ridiculous. It's like they have never seen a player of his ilk before in England. Bet those media in Spain must be laughing at the idiocy of the English media.

We signed Hazard and Oscar and we thought the days of Mata being our best player were over

I don't think I thought that way. Buying Mata was never a mistake. This guy is full of talent. And the amazing skills he has with the ball is outstanding!

Hazard and Oscar are great too but Mata's awesome capability can never be overtaken :worship:

I don't think I thought that way. Buying Mata was never a mistake. This guy is full of talent. And the amazing skills he has with the ball is outstanding!

Hazard and Oscar are great too but Mata's awesome capability can never be overtaken :worship:

I never said it was a mistake far from it what i meant was last season Mata was the driving force in everything we did good when Eden and Oscar came i think the general consensus is that he was set to take a bit of a back seat and in the first few games it looked that way. Since his break tho Mata has roared back to even better form than he was last season.

He's like the mate you spend less time with when someone "new and flash" comes along but eventually your realize that he is the best mate.

Lol in spain no one is talking about mata either actually, cazorla is the headline, specially considering many like to complain that mourinho went for modric instead of santi.

They will, when Chelsea and Mata start to kick some spanish ass in UCL.

Mata > Cazorla

The former real madrid castilla youth product is indeed a great player, santi is more of an acm though plays deeper, and thats why he doesnt exactly have the assist numbers mata has.

I'd say that when it comes to Attacking midfielders

iniesta, ozil, silva, cazorla, and mata are the top 5 atm in no order.

No one has the eye for passes or final pass quality ozil does though imo, silva probably has the best dribbling, and iniesta the better ball control.

What do you think, where do you place mata?

amazing how carzola gets to play in the spain match and not mata!

Amazing yes, a shame? no. Its good from our point of view.

I hope Falcao will be our best player come january 2013 (trollface)

Seriously, all you do is wank over Falcao! Majority of threads I read you come out with something to do with Falcao.