Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

How can anyone blame the club for this when he went to West Brom in a loan which everyone deemed as good for him to gain experience and then last season he engineered his own loan to further his own chances to make the Belgian squad for the WC.....

Where are the quotes from him saying that he wants to be part of the team this season? That he wants to fight for his opportunity? Nothing.

You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach.'

If we're really selling him, I believe it's a combination of these reasons:

1) Lukaku doesn't want competition and wants to leave himself.

2) Jose doesn't think he's good enough and thinks we don't need him. He would sell Lukaku for that reason, not because of his attitude. Jose is many things, but most of all, he wants to win. If he thought we needed Lukaku, he would have ignored Lukaku's attitude and talked him into staying. Hell, Jose bought Cesc, who publicly said Jose should "shut up" not so long ago. I doubt Jose had particularly warm feelings towards Cesc(and vice versa), but he disregarded his personal feelings because he clearly rates Cesc and thinks he's what we need. So he swallowed his pride and approached Cesc and was so convincing that "he gave Cesc a lift" and convinced him to join the direct rival of the team Cesc captained just a few years ago. Jose would have done the same for Lukaku and convinced him to stay if he thought he was good enough. IF. It seems he simply doesn't think Lukaku is that good.

I also don't think he's stupid. What is the possible justification in 2014 for thinking that Torres and Drogba are "good enough"? There isn't. Torres is literally one of the worst strikers in the league and Drogba is 36. . At the end of the day, Jose will have to live or die by this particular decision as it could end up costing him his job. Right now, it makes no sense.

How can anyone blame the club for this when he went to West Brom in a loan which everyone deemed as good for him to gain experience and then last season he engineered his own loan to further his own chances to make the Belgian squad for the WC.....

Where are the quotes from him saying that he wants to be part of the team this season? That he wants to fight for his opportunity? Nothing.

Good post.

The thing is, Romelu thinks he is good enough to lead our line to a (hopefully) PL and CL title. He cant deal with the fact that we bought Costa..

Ive said it before and ill say it again, he isnt THAT good and will never be.

quoted from skysports live transfernews:

Reports from Italy claim that Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku looks set to remain in the Premier League this season, despite suggestions that Juventus were keen to land the Belgium striker on a loan deal.Lukaku’s Italian agent has been quoted as saying that the Blues will only be prepared to sanction a permanent switch to a rival English club for the forward, who spent the last two seasons out on loan with West Brom and Everton

I also don't think he's stupid. What is the possible justification in 2014 for thinking that Torres and Drogba are "good enough"? There isn't. Torres is literally one of the worst strikers in the league and Drogba is 36. . At the end of the day, Jose will have to live or die by this particular decision as it could end up costing him his job. Right now, it makes no sense.

Well, no one would buy Torres, so I don't think Jose's opinion on him matters anyway. As for Drogba--yeah, I agree that it doesn't make sense. It never did to me. Unless we will bring in a young talented HG striker, I'll be disappointed with Torres and Drogba as Costa's substitutes. I hope Jose knows what he is doing and has a plan. He knows what is at stake.

quoted from skysports live transfernews:

the Blues will only be prepared to sanction a permanent switch to a rival English club for the forward,

Why would we want him to only go to an english team if the switch was permanent ? That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

If we were to put any limitations on a permanent move wouldn't it make more sense to do the opposite ? Have him join a foreign team rather then an english one ?

Well, no one would buy Torres, so I don't think Jose's opinion on him matters anyway. As for Drogba--yeah, I agree that it doesn't make sense. It never did to me. Unless we will bring in a young talented HG striker, I'll be disappointed with Torres and Drogba as Costa's substitutes. I hope Jose knows what he is doing and has a plan. He knows what is at stake.

Fair enough. Nobody will buy him but we aren't forced to play him. What we were all expecting though was for Mourinho to create a situation were Torres is 3rd choice and is exiled from the group, like Ba was last season. Or even make him the 4th choice (with Costa, Lukaku and Didier ahead of him) and give him the Bogarde/Malouda treatment. We need to make him feel uncomfortable at the club after all his well documented failures. The yobs at the Bridge who still stupidly chant his name are just clueless. Now, if Lukaku goes, he has a chance to fight for 2nd spot against a clearly past it Drogba.

Why would we want him to only go to an english team if the switch was permanent ? That doesn't really make a lot of sense.

If we were to put any limitations on a permanent move wouldn't it make more sense to do the opposite ? Have him join a foreign team rather then an english one ?

Maybe they're messing with us now. NOTHING makes sense about this Lukaku business.

that made no sense to me either ,, But the whole of the last year with Lukaku has made no sense to me

Fair enough. Nobody will buy him but we aren't forced to play him. What we were all expecting though was for Mourinho to create a situation were Torres is 3rd choice and is exiled from the group, like Ba was last season. Or even make him the 4th choice (with Costa, Lukaku and Didier ahead of him) and give him the Bogarde/Malouda treatment. We need to make him feel uncomfortable at the club after all his well documented failures. The yobs at the Bridge who still stupidly chant his name are just clueless. Now, if Lukaku goes, he has a chance to fight for 2nd spot against a clearly past it Drogba.

Except I suspect Torres might be happy enough to sit on the bench and earn his ridiculous salary by doing nothing.

I'm not happy with our striker situation, but I still hope Jose has a clear plan to fix it without resorting to playing Schurrle or Fabregas as a false 9, though they would still do a better job than Torres.

The yobs at the Bridge who still stupidly chant his name are just clueless.

You mean the supporters?

Where do people like you get off criticising the supporters who turn up to matches they've spent their hard-earned money buying tickets for, just because they SUPPORT OUR FUCKING PLAYERS??

And they're 'yobs' apparently? Trying to endear yourself using British lingo? Wrong word.

that made no sense to me either ,, But the whole of the last year with Lukaku has made no sense to me

What doesn't make sense?

He requested a transfer away from this club. He asked to leave. He said he didn't want to be here.

In what universe does Jose Mourinho respect or appreciate that type of attitude?

You mean the supporters?

Where do people like you get off criticising the supporters who turn up to matches they've spent their hard-earned money buying tickets for, just because they SUPPORT OUR FUCKING PLAYERS??

And they're 'yobs' apparently? Trying to endear yourself using British lingo? Wrong word.

What? I grew up in London. I'm not sure what your point is and I know what a yob is.

And of course I didn't mean all our supporters. Man United fans knew when to stop singing Moyes songs when they realized the damage he was doing to their club. It's my personal opinion and it wasn't even the main point I was making. But you always take everything personally, so whatever.

Mate, please can you give me a quote where he said he wants to leave because Costa has joined? I would really appreciate it if people stop basing their opinions on assumptions and actually hearing Lukaku's words.

"Woah, what's happening here?" - Romelu Lukaku a year ago when Chelsea signed a has-been Samuel Eto'o

If that was his reaction when faced with a challenge to compete with Eto'o and Torres for a place, do you honestly think he fancies going up against Costa either? If he goes, it was most certainly by his own request.

"Woah, what's happening here?" - Romelu Lukaku a year ago when Chelsea signed a has-been Samuel Eto'o

If that was his reaction when faced with a challenge to compete with Eto'o and Torres for a place, do you honestly think he fancies going up against Costa either? If he goes, it was most certainly by his own request.

Because he saw that he couldnt get a start over an inferior Ba and Torres and then Eto'o arrives. I am sure there was some humour to that anyway but regardless he has not directly said he wants to leave because Costa is here. As I was saying, the most reliable source was that he wanted to fight for his place from Steve Holland. So it is unfair for people to put words in his mouth and say he wants out simply because Costa has arrived.

Because he saw that he couldnt get a start over an inferior Ba and Torres and then Eto'o arrives. I am sure there was some humour to that anyway but regardless he has not directly said he wants to leave because Costa is here. As I was saying, the most reliable source was that he wanted to fight for his place from Steve Holland. So it is unfair for people to put words in his mouth and say he wants out simply because Costa has arrived.

Inferior in terms of what though?

The same word could be used for Origi, who benched Lukaku for Belgium.

Torres, ba and eto are better holdup players than lukaku is ....Right now.