test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

10,989 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Thor said:

#1 - Yeah. I guess everyone coming in as a teenager and never being given a shot at one club means they'd be a failure.
#2 - Pogba example is another great one. Him failing under 1 coach means he'd fail at that club every time simply because it is that club. Fantastic logic.

#3 - Do you do anything other than be pessimistic on this forum?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:offtopic:

#1 - We can have different definitions over the word failure if you want. Lukaku failed to take his opportunities; De Bruyne took his. The latter succeeded, but was forced out. The former failed, because he was terrible for every minute he played.

#2 - I don't understand your point. My point is that buying back a player you initially sold, for a mega-sum, is going to let everyone down, just as Pogba has, because expectations cannot be fulfilled.

#3 - Don't let people's opinions affect your life as much as mine evidently do; I presume you have a lot of years left, and living this way will be stressful for you. On another note, I can't remember one bold opinion, think-piece, presentation of facts, nor unique POV coming from you. :kiss: If I have to be one of us, I'd rather be the less lifeless.

:offtopic:

#1 - We can have different definitions over the word failure if you want. Lukaku failed to take his opportunities; De Bruyne took his. The latter succeeded, but was forced out. The former failed, because he was terrible for every minute he played.

#2 - I don't understand your point. My point is that buying back a player you initially sold, for a mega-sum, is going to let everyone down, just as Pogba has, because expectations cannot be fulfilled.

#3 - Don't let people's opinions affect your life as much as mine evidently do; I presume you have a lot of years left, and living this way will be stressful for you. On another note, I can't remember one bold opinion, think-piece, presentation of facts, nor unique POV coming from you. :kiss: If I have to be one of us, I'd rather be the less lifeless.

You clearly think a little too much of yourself if you think it impacts me in any way. You have over 7000 posts. A lot of them are negative. I don't even read the username most of the time with a lot of these comments though over your thousands of posts, I run into a lot of them and they're almost always negative. Just an observation.

What expectation is there on Lukaku if he comes back? To score goals. Of course. He is a striker. If he can't, then we move on and find someone else. He has proven he can lead the line for a good team and put the ball in the back of the net better than our current striker.

Lukaku isn't Pogba so the comparison is null and void.

And I don't have to have an absurd opinion just to stand out on here and be "unique". I post what I think. I just don't come off as a sour puss.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ja1, Iggy Doonican and The Skipper like this

If he moves we surely can't allow one of our rivals a free run at him. 

Dont think he fits the styles of Pep or Wenger/Arsenal at all so doubt they'd be after him. Liverpool is a no-go for obvious reasons. Spuds have Kane and wouldn't be able to spend the money on Lukaku anyways. That leaves ourselves and United. Think he'd be absolutely devastating for either of us. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If he moves we surely can't allow one of our rivals a free run at him. 

Dont think he fits the styles of Pep or Wenger/Arsenal at all so doubt they'd be after him. Liverpool is a no-go for obvious reasons. Spuds have Kane and wouldn't be able to spend the money on Lukaku anyways. That leaves ourselves and United. Think he'd be absolutely devastating for either of us. 

Exactly right. Wonder if he would want to work with Mou thought or would Mou even want him. His option seem pretty limited.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He wants to play top flight European football he won't get that at United looking at things right now.

They have a great chance to be in CL next season... They will win EL or be in top 4. That's almost for sure.

The Skipper likes this

Didier Drogba could help Chelsea seal huge summer deal

CHELSEA are reportedly hoping Didier Drogba’s friendship with Romelu Lukaku will help them land the Everton star.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/597991/Chelsea-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-Didier-Drogba-Romelu-Lukaku-Latest-CFC-News

He would love the chance to become like Drogs for us!

Thinks he is bigger than Everton, doesn't know his place. His mouthwork is worse than what Thibaut's ever was. Should probably avoid, don't want egos who will eventually think they are the best and bigger than his club.

18 minutes ago, manpe said:

Thinks he is bigger than Everton, doesn't know his place. His mouthwork is worse than what Thibaut's ever was. Should probably avoid.

Indeed we should just keep Diego Costa who has already proven to be more bipolar than a 16 y/o teenage girl or Charlie Sheen when he was on drugs. 

Also, who is still Morata > Lukaku? Please do tell me so I can call you a neurologist. 

Atholy likes this

On 3/14/2017 at 8:34 PM, DYC. said:

No, thank you. I just don't see that top quality in him. Being young doesn't automatically mean you have a lot of room for growth. If so, Rooney would've been one of the greatest strikers of all-time.

That's what goes over a lot of heads, i remember months ago i was having this debate with someone about Zouma. I was saying he wouldn't fit into Conte's system because we are trying to play out of the back and technical play is Kurt's biggest weakness and he just kept hitting me with "he's young give him time" like Zouma was going to turn into Bonucci if we played him and let him grow :lol:

On 3/20/2017 at 9:12 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Indeed we should just keep Diego Costa who has already proven to be more bipolar than a 16 y/o teenage girl or Charlie Sheen when he was on drugs. 

No we should keep Diego Costa because he has fired us to one PL title and is close to doing so another.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

That's what goes over a lot of heads, i remember months ago i was having this debate with someone about Zouma. I was saying he wouldn't fit into Conte's system because we are trying to play out of the back and technical play is Kurt's biggest weakness and he just kept hitting me with "he's young give him time" like Zouma was going to turn into Bonucci if we played him and let him grow :lol:

Get used to that frustration; if you haven't already. I've been having this discussion with people for decades but there's always someone new coming along who needs convincing all over again.

Players are often said to have improved, and indeed they do but only in a specific, narrow way. Players improve in their understanding of how to make the best use of their attributes. They get better at using the tools they have and, crucially, they get to know what they can't do so they do not waste possession by trying things they can't manage. Romelu has done that well but, players like him and Diego never turn into Lionel Messi. Basic talent level is innate and can't be fixed by training. Proof?

1. There is only one Messi, as there was just one Pele and one Maradonna. If reaching their levels of ability was a simple matter of extra hours on the training ground, there would have been countless thousands of them over the years.

2. There is a transfer market. If clubs could simply train up their own Messis, Bouffons or Bonuccis, why on Earth would they bother spending hundreds of millions in the market?

Improvements are possible but only in a limited way. Kurt will never have quality skills in possession of the football and, in this system, that is a serious issue. N'golo's FA Cup goal against ManU is one of my favourites of the season. Why? Watch it again and notice where our LCB & RCB are as the goal is created and scored. That's a part of our system when circumstances are right, and it's a thing of beauty, but there ain't no point putting Kurt there.

DYC., Belgiannutt and Tomo like this

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

No we should keep Diego Costa because he has fired us to one PL title and is close to doing so another.

Yeah, but Costa has already tried to escape from Chelsea like 3 times. I would rather have a striker who likes to play here. Also, I wouldn't mind if our new striker wasn't a constant red card-threat.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Get used to that frustration; if you haven't already. I've been having this discussion with people for decades but there's always someone new coming along who needs convincing all over again.

Players are often said to have improved, and indeed they do but only in a specific, narrow way. Players improve in their understanding of how to make the best use of their attributes. They get better at using the tools they have and, crucially, they get used to what they can't do so they do not waste possession by trying things they can't manage. Romelu has done that well but, players like him and Diego never turn into Lionel Messi. Basic talent level is innate and can't be fixed by training. Proof?

1. There is only one Messi, as there was just one Pele and one Maradonna. If reaching their levels of ability was a simple matter of extra hours on the training ground, there would have been countless thousands of them over the years.

2. There is a transfer market. If clubs could simply train up their own Messis, Bouffons or Bonuccis, why on Earth would they bother spending hundreds of millions in the market?

Improvements are possible but only in a limited way. Kurt will never have quality skills in possession of the football and, in this system, that is a serious issue. N'golo's FA Cup goal against ManU is one of my favourites of the season. Why? Watch it again and notice where our LCB & RCB are as the goal is created and scored. That's a part of our system when circumstances are right, and it's a thing of beauty, but there ain't no point putting Kurt there.

Fine post

Tomo likes this

Think a lot of posters here will be feeling mighty salty seeing him bang them in for United if he doesn't come here. Been scoring loads and loads of goals at shit clubs like Everton and West Brom with limited service and average players around him. No reason he would score 20+ per PL season here if he's the undisputed main man.

It would be the KDB or Mata threads x1000 every time he scored or played well if he ends up in Manchester.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think a lot of posters here will be feeling mighty salty seeing him bang them in for United if he doesn't come here. Been scoring loads and loads of goals at shit clubs like Everton and West Brom with limited service and average players around him. No reason he would score 20+ per PL season here if he's the undisputed main man.

It would be the KDB or Mata threads x1000 every time he scored or played well if he ends up in Manchester.

The Mata thread only really got salty when we were shot last season, view his thread in 14/15 and not one person was that bothered. Sturridge was a similar song, as soon as Costa came in his thread stopped getting bumped every time he scored.

If we are challenging for top honours under Conte consistently I doubt many people will give a flying fuck and we shouldn't spend £70m on someone who isn't worth the money just because United can't have him.

27 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, but Costa has already tried to escape from Chelsea like 3 times. I would rather have a striker who likes to play here. Also, I wouldn't mind if our new striker wasn't a constant red card-threat.

So did Drogba, ultimately Costa is proven title winning pedigree at the top level, Lukaku isn't. He's a good PL scorer but so far that's it.

If we were to loseDiego I would rather spend big on Icardi or Mbappe than Lukaku.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The Mata thread only really got salty when we were shot last season, view his thread in 14/15 and not one person was that bothered. Sturridge was a similar song, as soon as Costa came in his thread stopped getting bumped every time he scored.

If we are challenging for top honours under Conte consistently I doubt many people will give a flying fuck and we shouldn't spend £70m on someone who isn't worth the money just because United can't have him.

So did Drogba, ultimately Costa is proven title winning pedigree at the top level, Lukaku isn't. He's a good PL scorer but so far that's it.

If we were to loseDiego I would rather spend big on Icardi or Mbappe than Lukaku.

I just have the feeling with Diego that he'll never truly be settled and happy here. Wherever Lukaku moves I think he'll be for 10 years or something. I'd rather that be here than anywhere else. I think Costa is definitely off this summer and I'd hate it if we straight up replace him with Morata for silly money instead.