Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

So he is going to Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid and Wolfsburg, I really hope that Lukaku will be able to play all that games, good luck to him, we should be proud for him, first player ever who is going to play for 5 different teams at the same time, big respect for Lukaku!

So he is going to Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid and Wolfsburg, I really hope that Lukaku will be able to play all that games, good luck to him, we should be proud for him, first player ever who is going to play for 5 different teams at the same time, big respect for Lukaku!

Whats the point of this post?

Did Lukaku link himself with all these clubs you mention?

Just popping in to inform you that we are pretty confident he will be signing for us.

Whether we are right, I don't know.

And we were confident that Cavani would sign last year or Falcao and guess how it turned out?

If Lukaku goes he won't be missed, he didn't do anything for the club and he is far from perfect and/or complete striker that he claims he is. He is good to start for your team, but he is far from good to start for chelsea. He doesn't want to be a backup here? Fair enough go challenge mid table and whatnot.

Yeah, he gave him a squad number at Chelsea Football Club. He got match time for Chelsea Football Club in THREE OF THE FIRST FOUR GAMES of the season, one of which was against the Champions of Europe.

What more do you want? A guaranteed start? Well sorry that doesn't happen at top clubs. You have to fucking FIGHT for every start. You have to take EVERY opportunity and you don't quit.

Lukaku did quit. He walked up to Jose and asked to leave Chelsea Football Club.

In what world does a winner like Mourinho understand that mindset and accept it??

Would Frank do that? Would JT do that? Would Didier do that? Answer that question honestly.

He asked for a move last year. What more evidence do you need?

No but he could come out and say he wants Lukaku to be part of his first team squad and he is big part of his plans. That does not mean he will guarantee him starts but if he gives him a vote of confidence Lukaku would surely get a real boost and definitely be assured about staying. Have you heard Mourinho in the last few months compliment Lukaku about scoring goals at Everton or give a slightest indication he wants him back? If Mourinho is not doing that it indicates to me that Mourinho is not sure of him. He is a young kid who has proved himself out on loan again and while I am not stating he should be a starter, it should be enough for Mourinho to say he wants him back competing with Lukaku for the striker's position but no word whatsoever. Sometimes the biggest boost for a player is receiving praise from their manager.

As for asking for a move last season.... yeah he could have fought for his place but so bloody what. He wanted a loan because he thought it would be best for him. Yes he could have stayed and would of most definitely get more chances but he probably just looked on the pessimistic side and saw that if he could not start the first 4 games when Eto'o was not even a registered Chelsea player and we had only Torres and Ba plus playing Schurrle upfront, what hope does he have when another striker (Eto'o) arrives. Not much. We move on. If there is some grudge being held against him for that it is ridiculous. Move on. Rooney asked to leave twice. Yes he is proven but who gives a fuck, he scored goals and that pleases the fans and all is forgotten once they provide for the team.

Lukaku was a 20 year old kid when he asked for the move so I would not even compare Ash, Drogba and Lamps because at a similar age when they just want to play football and live up to their potential they could have possibly done the same. I wouldn't even compare the two situations.

As to the respone to the bolded part, I am not talking about last season, I am talking about this upcoming season. Holland said that he wants to come back and fight for his place. But you have not heard anything from Mourinho saying he wants him back. Maybe he has thought that he is willing to give a prolonged period to wait for his chance. Everyone does things they regret. He does not regret the loan move. He has come back with the ability to prove he can score goals and that is the evidence why he says he wants to fight for his place.

Also for the people cursing him, saying "fuck him" etc, just..... :doh:

No but he could come out and say he wants Lukaku to be part of his first team squad and he is big part of his plans. That does not mean he will guarantee him starts but if he gives him a vote of confidence Lukaku would surely get a real boost and definitely be assured about staying. Have you heard Mourinho in the last few months compliment Lukaku about scoring goals at Everton or give a slightest indication he wants him back? If Mourinho is not doing that it indicates to me that Mourinho is not sure of him. He is a young kid who has proved himself out on loan again and while I am not stating he should be a starter, it should be enough for Mourinho to say he wants him back competing with Lukaku for the striker's position but no word whatsoever. Sometimes the biggest boost for a player is receiving praise from their manager.

Do you know what Mourinho said to Lukaku last year? He said 'you're going on Romelu' (or words to that effect).

The greatest manager in club football gave a young player chances at this club. But you want him to rub his tummy and tell him he's a good boy as well? Lukaku will get praise when he's EARNT it.

As for asking for a move last season.... yeah he could have fought for his place but so bloody what.

Exactly. He could have fought for his place. What top coach is going to back a guy who has this attitude? NAME ONE

NAME ONE

Come on Stats, just one.

Lukaku was a 20 year old kid

20 year olds are men.

In fact he's a PROFESSIONAL footballer. He's not some YTS kid plucked from the bootroom.

Also for the people cursing him, saying "fuck him" etc, just..... :doh:

People are disappointed. He was this great talent, he loved the club, he loved Drogba but he let us down. We needed him last season and we needed him to fight and instead he asked for a transfer.

He left US. He asked to leave US. Why don't you understand that? He got a chance to play for the club you and I support and he turned it down.

Just let him go, we don't need this guy. He let us down last season. He is a uber selfish guy. We should not overrate him because he LOOKS likes Drogba. Even Torres has a better mentality and Bamford will be better than him.

Torres doesn't have better mentality, if some team offers him same wages he is making now he would go without a blink, I can guarantee you that. He just doesn't want to let go of the money.

We needed him last season and we needed him to fight and instead he asked for a transfer.

Do you really believe Mourinho (/any manager) would approve a loan request if he considered that player to play any (significant, not as a 5 minute sub to 'kill a game') role in his plans?

IMO, Mourinho simple didn't (doesn't) rate Lukaku highly enough. Whether or not his judgement (obviously rating the other 3 higher) last year was correct is open for debate I'd say... (404 pages kind of at least prove that)