Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The latest quotes are pretty much him asking out. There is no way he'll be first choice with Costa here and he doesn't want to go on loan so leaving permanently is the only option left. Unless he's willing to listen but it seems like his mind is made up. Not sure how much we can possibly get for him. Who would really pay 25-30M for him?

iseah100, on 08 Jul 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

"Courtois will be without doubt the first-choice CFC goalkeeper."

Did they tell him something they haven't even told Thibaut/Petr?

Tell me he didn't actually say that in public!

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. Just....:doh:

Tottenham are ready to make a £20m bid for Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku. The Belgium international has told the Blues he wants to leave this summer with Spurs ready with a cash offer close to Chelsea's valuation.

Source: Metro

hahah gotta love Metro.

A part of me feels he's purposely doing this to engineer a move away. José probably told him that he's going to be in the mix of it, but gave him no guarantees. It's just sad to see him speak out so much, he came to Chelsea so humble and discussed how he loves the club. Yet he doesn't understand that every time he speaks about his situation it simply looks bad to us.

I still want him to have a future here, but if he's so infatuated with not wanting to have competition then good luck Rom :tophat:

I say keep him. He will learn a few things about growing up and becoming mature.

His childlike behavior of throwing his toys out of the pram if he is not getting whatever he wants is quite ridiculous for a professional footballer.

If he does prove that he is indeed the "complete striker", then that will cement his place in our starting line up in many games, and might force mourinho to play 4-4-2, or some formation with 2 upfront. He will earn himself more and more gametime even if we play 1 striker up front.

If he cant prove himself as the complete striker, then the club can decide what to do with him.

He signed a contract and should learn a thing or two about respecting it.

His tantrum at being substituted in the WC, and then mouthing of at his coach for some time after was disgusting to watch.

The thing about bad behavior is that it can be forgiven and forgotten.

But his belief in himself, which at one point was a strongpoint, is now becoming his biggest weakness as he has fallen into a false sense of accomplishment which is simply not there yet.

If Benteke was fit for the WC, HE WAS FIRST CHOICE.

Lukaku needs to get over his hype and realise ATM he is second choice even for his national team, to a striker who plays for Aston Villa.

Yes. Aston Villa.

The worst part is, that if we bid for Benteke, he will gladly come to Chelsea knowing he wont be first choice. He knows he is talented and will get gametime based on merit over the season.

On the other hand, we have Lukaku, who can simply not be a first choice for any CL team that goes beyond the group stage. In the future he might, but not yet.

Not sure what he is aiming towards. Unless he thinks Juventus will play him over Tevez, which is even more delusional.

With Atletico buying Mandzukic, if Lukaku thinks he will start ahead of him, that too is not happening.

That is the case for almost all CL knockout teams.

Battling for more playing time at chelsea will actually be the best thing for him as a person and as a part of growing up.

A positive reality check will in the end make him the great footballer he can become.

However, living in this delusion of " i want this" " i will decide" " i want CL football" , is not going to take him anywhere. Not any time soon atleast.

There is a difference in being selfish towards your ambition and being an asshole. Period.

Rant Over!

We cannot afford to loose the immense talent that Lukaku posses's. He may be full of shit, but the best usually are. The man is not worried about the media he has been in the media spotlight since he was 16! He is just probably bitter he hasn't been given a chance yet at Chelsea. We must all remember he is a boyhood fan of Chelsea FC.

Lukaku will not be sold by CFC and if he is, then we are seriously never going to come good with our youth policy!

Watch this video:

We cannot afford to loose the immense talent that Lukaku posses's. He may be full of shit, but the best usually are. The man is not worried about the media he has been in the media spotlight since he was 16! He is just probably bitter he hasn't been given a chance yet at Chelsea. We must all remember he is a boyhood fan of Chelsea FC.

But you can't get sentimental just because he's a boyhood fan. Shaw is a boyhood fan but he's at Man United, in football it's often irrelevant who the player supports. The club will have taken note of his discussions in the media, didn't Mourinho once say "he likes to talk, ask him why he's at Everton"? When everyone blamed Chelsea/Mou for him going on loan and after that realised it was Lukaku's decision.

Lukaku will not be sold by CFC and if he is, then we are seriously never going to come good with our youth policy!

Well it doesn't really contribute to our youth system. He's not from our academy.. Hell if he's sold to make way for Bamford, then it's actually a blessing in disguise huh? (not that it will happen :lol:)

"For my development and with the World Cup coming up at the end of the season, I cannot afford to stay on the bench," Lukaku said, while on international duty with Belgium.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lukaku-expects-regular-playing-time-everton#LAIoW2ij4Irs3VIh.99

This is merely an article where he worries about gametime being amongst 4 strikers, where does he say he should be first striker? No such articles exist, not even made up ones.

Anyway, let's not go into discussion, he's not as smart as I thought apparently, he's ruined it for himself. I hope we can get 25mill+ for him.

I'd like to think that our board and manager are smart enough not to even let the thought of selling him to another English side enter their minds. Especially not fucking Spuds. They should be on a permanent blacklist after the Modric saga.

Think it's blatantly obvious that he wants out. WAGNH had a brilliant article this morning that was spot on and summed up my feelings about Romelu. He's just like De Bruyne in that he doesn't have what it takes in him to accept that he needs to fight for the right to be the main man at a top European club. This shit isn't just handed to you.

I kept wavering about whether I want him back or not, but after yet another round of idiotic comments I just want him gone and replaced. Get another young, hungry striker who understands that even though he may not start every single match, he'll still have plenty of opportunities.