Oriol Romeu

termninja

Romeu has started 15 league games with Chelsea . He had some good games, some great games, and looked lost in others. It's possible he'll develop into a very good player, but it's possible he won't either.He needs to go on loan somewhere and get regular time because right now, he's not good enough to play regularly for a Chelsea team that wants to challenge for everything.

Should be ahead of Essien (at the very least) and Lampard in my view. But since we signed MvG, I wouldn't mind a loan for Romeu now. He was good in the one stretch of games he got under AVB. One of the better distributors in midfield

Should be ahead of Essien (at the very least) and Lampard in my view. But since we signed MvG, I wouldn't mind a loan for Romeu now. He was good in the one stretch of games he got under AVB. One of the better distributors in midfield

Why??? He had a good few game stretch. Literally, a stretch of a very good few games as a defensive midfielder but then they stopped and he stopped getting starts not because RDM became manager but because AVB stopped starting him. He also had a bunch of games where he looked completely out of his depth. When you take into account missing a year due to injury, I'd have him way down the depth chart to start. You are massively overrating where he is right now.

Romeu should get in the team ahead of Lampard, Essien

If Romeu had started ahead of Lamps last season, we would probably not even play European football. Oriol might have potential, but yet he is still average. NO one knows how he recovers from his injury. Demanding his definite inclusion is just dumb.

If Romeu had started ahead of Lamps last season, we would probably not even play European football. Oriol might have potential, but yet he is still average. NO one knows how he recovers from his injury. Demanding his definite inclusion is just dumb.

Still better for the pivot than Lampard on the basis he is an actual defensive midfielder.

Why??? He had a good few game stretch. Literally, a stretch of a very good few games as a defensive midfielder but then they stopped and he stopped getting starts not because RDM became manager but because AVB stopped starting him. He also had a bunch of games where he looked completely out of his depth. When you take into account missing a year due to injury, I'd have him way down the depth chart to start. You are massively overrating where he is right now.

Maybe I am but I'm under-rating Essien and Lampard's ability more than overrating Romeu. Essien and Lampard can't run the midfield in a week-by-week basis any more.

Essien, in particular, should be sold off before dumping Romeu or maybe convert Essien to backup RB.

Not demanding definite inclusion. Obviously Mikel, Ramires and MvG are better currently. Romeu is an actual defensive midfielder and the better of the midfield distributors in our team. I rate him ahead of Essien (definitely) and Lampard (just)

I think including Lampard in the midfield-duo requires a pure defensive midfielder alongside him. Lampard-Ramires, Lampard-Ginkel are disasters waiting to happen. Now everyone knows how important Lampard is to the club but he churned out a fair number of average performances last season, especially when picked in the bigger games. Towards the end, he was nothing more than a squad player. Not someone who was picked for the crunch clashes like the Spurs game for eg. But he got a lot of action in midfield due to the lack of depth in that position.

Hope romeu stays he has shown that he can make it here.. Dont see a point in loaning him out he has a full preseason to impress jose and get his fitness levels up.. He most probably has trained the entire summer.