Oriol Romeu

termninja

His career might just be over, he has the same injury that essien got(i think). What the fuck happened? Does anyone have a video of how he got injured?

He went up for a header in midfield and landed badly. I think all his weight fell onto one leg causing the injury.

Now that romeu is out can we recall essien in jan or is it a one year loan with no recall??

It's a year long loan but I think we can recall him if we wish to. On any account, in Jan, he will be at ACON with the Ghana NT so he is not the solution.

Essien will NOT be the solution for the longterm too, maybe we can get Mineiro :Goober:

jokes aside I would love to see us sign Capoue, quality player and I'm after him for about 2 years now...

at the same time it's a shame for Oriol... like said before... but we surely have to stregthn that midfield

It seemed that Rafa really had faith in him,I think he even said so in his very first interview...I was looking forward to Romeu developing rapidly under Rafa this season....I guess that's the end of that...if we change managers at the end of the season,it remains to be seen how much trust our new gaffer will place on his young shoulders...I hope this is not the end of the road for him at Chelsea...

OH FUCK!

I haven't been on much today then heard someone say somethung about romeu's injury... Came on here and 6 bloody months. That is so unlucky for him and us. Especailly when he honestly has been looking good in the last 2 games and was much better, albeit maybe a bit to rash when it came to challenges. And with Mikel going to the african cup of nations that was a real chance for him to fully establish himself as a starter, or at least give him a chance to show how good he is.

A new DM then is surely essential in january. Thinking about it, (this will sound terribly harsh and i wouldn't never want a player to get injured especially one of our own), but forcing us to get a new DM could be very beneficial to our season as we are missing a yaya toure character, or as we recently saw diame. And we may could well have had a problem in that area which we have been forced to fix... We willl see though..

I wish Romeu a speedy recovery and hopefully it is not as bad as is thought.

• 5 weeks later...