test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday
  3. Chelsea v Burnley

Tottenham has 4 incredibly easy matches left. Arsenal on the other hand plays wolves and leicester away in the last two rounds. Id count they will lose points sooner than Spuds. IF we somehow win remaining fixtures, Arsenal must not win at least two (draw and loss would work). They have european fixtures too, maybe they get caught up. The question is can we win 4 games left? United, Leicester and Watford? From what I have seen in this season, we will surely drop points somewhere if not twice. We probably have more chance to win EL because it seems players get motivated way more if they can win a trophy. We have experience on our side too. But even Frankfurt and Arsenal/Valencia is going to be a challenge for this team.
  4. Reece James

Despite the nice amount of cash we earned from sales, one of biggest mistakes (beside obvious Kdb, Salah etc) was that we couldnt keep other few players because they wanted to leave. Lukaku, Mata, Sturridge,...have all proven they CAN add value to their new team. They left because we didnt give them a chance, but if you look their paths they eventualy got benched by another big club. If we handled things differently, we could have realy good bench nowdays, or at the very least we wouldnt need to buy all those backups like Remy, Giroud, Batshuayi, Drinkwater and bunch of others through the years. I guess the main reason they left was how we treated them and not just the fact we didnt play them. Because they dont play regulary elsewhere and they dont try to leave like they did here. Essentialy we shown them they have no place here and thats why they left. Partly they were also stupid not to wait a bit longer, but considering there were so many examples over the past years, it couldnt be just that. The club gave them false promises, didnt have faith etc and they saw it. You have plenty of quality players elsewhere that have limited roles, but arent forcing move away. Because they know competition is real there. If they play well, they will play more. Here we kept favouring certain players over others, regardless of the form.
  5. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Just popped in to say I've been dropping acid all night but this right here has been the highlight of it all
  6. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Gulácsi, not Gulasci Yeah, he has become a very good keeper, he was linked with a move to Us last summer. I remember when he joined Liverpool at the age of 17-18, he looked 30 then, now he is like he was 40 but only 28.
  7. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

You forgot Gulasci who has been absolutely sublime this season and made another big step after an excellent last season. He might look like an ageing salesman for vacuum cleaners but he is by far the best goalie in Bundesliga rn.
  8. Chelsea v Burnley

These are indeed the most pleasant circumstances we could be playing them in so I think we will win but they remain a very inconvenient opponent for us so I think it will be nervy. We do not need to rest anyone but still might with the next 2 matches after this one arguably the biggest of the season.
  9. Reece James

As long ago as October 2011 I predicted that Romelu Lukaku's attributes would make him able to contribute to a team, but that the manager of any top club who employed him would soon be on the look out for an upgrade because of Rom's technical limitations. The first time I saw Tammy play for the 18s he was used wide right to accomadate Dom Solanke, who was preferred at CF. Tammy did well with his long strides, pace & power but I placed him in a similar category to Rom. A good lad with desireable attributes but lacking the finesse to match the requirements of top clubs. Tammy could be a squad member for us, a replacement Giroud, but I suspect that role wouldn't satisfy him at this stage of his career. I'd also take Rom as a backup by the way, but he'd cost too much, and need to be paid way, way too much to give value for money in that role. For our starter I want a player with elite talents. Easily said, but not so easily achieved I agree.
  10. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Courtois is still an excellent GK in all fairness. Few bad performances here and at Madrid but on his day not many are better. If he could show the consistency he did in his first full season here hed be one of the best. His attitude is rank though.
  11. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I do agree but it would be good material to wind up Liverpool fans with. "You're best team possibly ever and a Chelsea side deep in transition had a better season".
  12. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

So was Courtois at Atletico...
  13. The English Football Thread

Miracles From Benitez...
  14. Reece James

Dont want to take anything away from Tammy, but IMO he wont be the striker we need. He lacks that comfort on the ball that is absolutely necessary for us. He is a target man, but IMO what we need is hardworking, agressive forward with good ball control. That would help us press the opponent better and also play more fluidly in attack against packed defences. He needs good PL loan first and then we will see. I would bring Reece and Zouma back next year and hopefuly we can loan Mount, Tammy and Tomori to PL teams for further development. If we get ban, losing Kovacic might also mean we have to keep Mount for squad depth.
  15. The English Football Thread

3 1 Perez hat trick
  16. The English Football Thread

I also had those three relegated. Cardiff will play for life and death against Palace. And Palace for nothing so Cardiff can take two wins. Tho they can get relegated by one point and everyone will speak about Azpi offside goal again.
  17. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Perhaps but even then when hes called upon he is brilliant. If Atletico ever sell him they could get upto 100m for him no doubt.
  18. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

This season in PL: Errors leading to goals Kepa: 0 De Gea: 2 Pass success Kepa: 87% De Gea: 58% Clean sheets Kepa: 12 De Gea: 7 Conceded Kepa: 34 De Gea: 43 High claims Kepa: 12 De Gea: 9 Sweeper clearances Kepa: 7 De Gea: 1
  19. The English Football Thread

lol, Newcastle falling apart as usual
  20. The English Football Thread

easier by one game versus a monster But they still have 2 guaranteed losses and I think Palace beats them too. Fulham could relegate them, but I just cannot see that, even with Fulham winning 2 on the bounce atm if we had their remaining games we would be nervous even more than we are Brighton have 3 monsters (and if Newcastle plays like today, then it is probably four losses) so I do agree they probably go down and deserve it, they are shit only thing that will probably save SOTON (If Brighton somehow win 1) is that last game, I think they lose 4 of last 5 (counting today) Beating Wolves a week ago was a HUGE win I am shocked how poor Fulham were this year, I cannot recall a team ever with more talent to have a worse year their roster would take well over £300m to buy on the open market and they have 5 players who would make our 25 man roster (Sergio Rico, Ryan Sessegnon, André Zambo Anguissa (probably, he is better than Drinkwater), Jean Michaël Seri, and Aleksandar Mitrovic) pre-season I had Cardiff, Huddersfield and BHA going down so maybe got 2 of 3 right
  21. The English Football Thread

Fulham two wins in the row lol. And now Cardiff has great chance to stay in the league over Brighton. Much easier schedule.
  22. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Of course their season is much harder to do but we will feel better after all. They will just prove one more time they are bottlers. Actually when you think about it not to win title with 97 points is hilarious 😂
  23. The English Football Thread

13/14 season Hazard won PFA young player of the year, 14/15 season Hazard won PFA and FWA player of the year, premier league player of the season and Chelsea player of the year
  24. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

here is the simple way to compare which season is harder to do? the dipper's exponentially if your are looking at it objectively there is no comparison
  25. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Yes but their fans will end up hugely disappointed in both competitions. To come so close to win two major trophies and come short on both. And we will celebrate EL. So we will feel better. After all in 5 years people will only remember trophies.
  26. The English Football Thread

Geordies shredding SOTON, 2 nil, Perez on a hat trick already
  27. Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Liverpool not even remotely close to get to final means they beat Barca, who would crush us 9 times out of ten (maybe 10 out of ten) and 97 points would mean a title in every other EPL season except the last 2, even in our super year (2004-5) we only got 95 beating Frankfurt and then Valencia or Arse is hardly a way to elevate us above the Victimpool season, especially if we are 6th in a weak year (other than Shitty and the dippers)
  28. Load more activity