Chelsea's board = a disgrace

I would have liked Ancelotti to have been given another season - or even half a season - to see if he could turn things around. Surely it can't be good for the team to have had so many different managers over such a relatively short period.

not a great day to have joined us ,,,but welcome

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have liked Ancelotti to have been given another season - or even half a season - to see if he could turn things around. Surely it can't be good for the team to have had so many different managers over such a relatively short period.

Bad idea. It would be worst to sack him at the midway of the season.

Saying Roman is a disgrace is really stupid. Sure he shoots himself in the foot every now and then but you shouldn't have anything other than enormous respect and love for him. He truly loves the club and you can see it. It's not a mere business to him. He's the real special one.

you say he loves the Club ...I think he loves owning the team .. A slightly different thing , Mathew Harding loved the Club

From RedCafe, the forum for the other club I support:

Great manager, great man, great decision for Manchester United.
Goodie goodie gum drops. Chelsea will be less of a threat next year.
They just never learn that continuity breeds success.
Why would a manager go to Chelsea now for anything other than a payout, ridiculous club with a shit for brains owner.
Roman Abramovich is an absolute idiot. Ancelotti is a fantastic manager and should have been given a chance to build a squad rather than sacked for not winning one season.

And where would we be without him? Struggling with enormous debts & battling for a top place finish.

True. But money cant buy your a soul. If this is it, i would rather playing championship and have my dignaty instead of

being a toy for one mans dream, the whole world is looking at us now and thinking and saying: DISGRACE

True. But money cant buy your a soul. If this is it, i would rather playing championship and have my dignaty instead of

being a toy for one mans dream, the whole world is looking at us now and thinking and saying: DISGRACE

The whole world can fuck off.

The club will replace Ancelotti with someone who will be much better in their eyes. When they bring success you will all cheer, just like you did under Mourinho's success & under Ancelotti's success.

The club will replace Ancelotti with someone who will be much better in their eyes. When they bring success you will all cheer, just like you did under Mourinho's success & under Ancelotti's success.

Lets wait and see the reactions one year from this day if we finish next season with a CL trophy.

I am still so gutted. I don't even care who the club replaces him with at this present time. I am so annoyed with the club and feel so sorry for Carlo. Someone as nice as himself does not deserve this. It makes me sick.

I am still so gutted. I don't even care who the club replaces him with at this present time. I am so annoyed with the club and feel so sorry for Carlo. Someone as nice as himself does not deserve this. It makes me sick.

well said Steve

No doubt when that happen your right ( our memories are short). But if it doesnt happen don`t you think little Roman then will beginn to feel some deserved BIG pressure?.

Let's say the new manager does accomplish that with us, but realistically speaking we can't go on every season winning a trophy so what happens with the manager then? That's my biggest concern.

Let's say the new manager does accomplish that with us, but realistically speaking we can't go on every season winning a trophy so what happens with the manager then? That's my biggest concern.

I agree. It's a concern of mine too. But we must maintain hope Abramovich will hire someone who he will stick by, trophyless season or not

Technically speaking, There's no significant difference between scolari's performance and Ancelotti's this season. Why didn't the Brazilian receive any support from the fans?. We could have given him time to. Likewise Avram Grant given his outstanding exploit that almost delivered our first UCL title. IMHO if anyone deserved more time at Chelsea, it was certainly the Israeli whose sacking was never justified given how breathtaking we performed under him. At least the team showed more spirit, gut and determination during his regime.

What this has done is that it's managed to kill all motivation for future managers of this club. Why would you be motivated to do your best as manager when you know that you're not too far from the sack any time results suffer? Managers will make their way here for the hefty wages and the possibility of a big payout. When Carlo doesn't have any job security after what he's achieved here, nobody else does either, unless we change our ways as a club. No job security = no accountability = no motivation.

To avoid this the next man should be given a 1 year contract, with an option of renewal at the season's end. But with the decision making ability (or the lack thereof) we've demonstrated on numerous occasions, I wouldn't be surprised if status quo continues.

I'm beginning to think that the task of managing our club and satisfying Roman is impossible. If the first criteria is winning the CL then that task

is difficult enough .. How many think this is likely next year or even the year after. I am less optimistic about that now than I have been for the last 5

years. I have critisised pessimists before ,,I think on the CL front I am being realistic .I believe we can win the PL next season ..either that or a domestic cup ..This would satisfy me but I doubt it would satisfy our owner ,,,and the merry go round will go round and round.

Blue Lion good posts..most are true.Some guy from the Managers board has slated us as well for it

Be okay if it was a one off thats the thing but it isnt..no manager will be given the gurantee that their contract be seen out and all...and thats where the board are going wrong in the sense surley over time keep this up outsiders thinking of taking the job will have more doubts about it seeing what has happened to one before over a daftly short peroid of time