The English Football Thread

Steve

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Liverpool were fabulous, took the game to a City side who are actually beatable despite popular belief.

Press high, work hard and you win games.

Whereas we cant press... Or pass.... 

Guess arsenal fans can be happy they're still the invinceables.. 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Like I said, we simply don't have the players to do what Spuds and Liverpool do. As world class as Eden is, he's ain't pressing and running like a madman like Salah/Mané/Son etc do. Cesc is as slow as I am and I'm not a professional athlete. He can't press. Bakayoko is a headless chicken who would kick people to shreds if he pressed high.

I can picture in my mind the likes of Pedro, Willian, and Kante playing super high energy games but unlike Salah and Mané neither Pedro or Willian will score double figures like they do. 

At the moment we're sort of caught in limbo. The 3-4-3 that was brilliant last season has been figured out and we kind of have an identity problem.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Their fans will definitely go overboard but for once I cant blame them. Their future looks extremely bright.

Salah could do a Coutinho if he keeps performing so well. I find it hard to picture Liverpool as a future dominant force in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Salah could do a Coutinho if he keeps performing so well. I find it hard to picture Liverpool as a future dominant force in Europe.

Not dominant but a serious threat. With as shite as even the best teams in the world are defensively they'll cause anyone problems with their attack.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Press high, work hard and you win games.

We could try that. But we simply don't have the players :(

Our team lack technical players and players with excellent understanding ofintelegent movement.

We only have one creative midfielder but with big liability, one brilliant player but barely shoot, and one striker with many excellent atrribute but sometimes cannot finish the chance with his feet

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Oh well, I suggest we all cheer ourselves up with a dose of Arsenal Fan TV tonite, should be a blinder.

Poor Cech... 

It is funny.. Wenger in. Out.. In.. Out... And repeat.. Theyre also guilty of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Like I said, we simply don't have the players to do what Spuds and Liverpool do. As world class as Eden is, he's ain't pressing and running like a madman like Salah/Mané/Son etc do

Hazard doesn't press because he isn't instructed to. Mourinho and Conte are simply not pressing managers. The likes of Sane, Neymar, De Bruyne, Messi, Griezmann, etc. are not what you'd call "natural pressers" but they do it because that's what the system they play in demands.

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Oh well, I suggest we all cheer ourselves up with a dose of Arsenal Fan TV tonite, should be a blinder.

I cheer myself up just knowing I'm not in north London! c48b5036c6879ec4ccb10e979bdfea5b.gif

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sick to fucking death of watching teams playing class football. We're miles behind...

Yes we could play more entertaining indeed.

But when you read and hear everywhere how quality is stones and otamendi and fernandinho, and then you see them roasted when they get under pressure, I laugh at city. 

So much for world class defenders. One gets outmucled by firmino like a doll and the other two agression freaks with zero composure when under pressure. 

Dont let their attack decive you how poor they actualy are when they are 1v1 or under pressure. 

Bunch of pretenders. Where is the football when top top teams actualy had quality players like Vieira, Scholes, Ferdinand,...

Remember this City will get spanked by either Barca, Bayern, Psg, Juve or even maybe Real althrough they are shit. 

Beating evertons and and west hams is one thing when they chicken out before the game starts and oppisition makes city players play the most comfortable way. 

Top teams will press the shit out of them and I look forward for the rape of Otamendi Stones and whoever pep throws because they while being good footballers are average defenders at best. 

13 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Hazard doesn't press because he isn't instructed to. Mourinho and Conte are simply not pressing managers. The likes of Sane, Neymar, De Bruyne, Messi, Griezmann, etc. are not what you'd call "natural pressers" but they do it because that's what the system they play in demands.

That's certainly part of it but I also think it's just not in his character. He's an easy going, nonchalant player. Almost a bit lazy like Özil. Doesn't enjoy expending much energy without the ball. Even times when you see Conte yelling "Go! Go! Go!" on the touchline for our players to press up he does so halfheartedly.

50 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sick to fucking death of watching teams playing class football. We're miles behind...

Are we really?

Yes we have a couple of things to sort out in our attack, but on our day we can beat anyone. It was Liverpool's day, they also had something to prove after the whole Coutinho saga.