Fernando Torres: Too good to play for Chelsea?

Henri

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If americans shouldn't write about football, neither should english, because they dare calling "football" what they used to play in England before the foreign players conquered Premier League.

ps: calm down guys, its just good old south american humour.

She's an American based in Switzerland. Maybe she's a massive soccer fan?

I'm an American too. Guess I shouldn't post anymore? Or maybe I've been a longtime fan of soccer and enjoy it enough to spend some time yakking about it online?

I spent a few childhood years in New Zealand and loved cricket. Don't follow it as much now so I don't post online about it.

Perhaps, it's more about the enthusiasm for the sport rather than location of residence?

It's an okay article, it's nothing we haven't brought up here. The title is stupid.

The title has a mission, too catch your attention,stupid or not deal done.

I'm sure shes more than capable - but a nice poem would heave been good

''I wandered lonely as a Fernando the Wonderhorse, Score a Fucking goal mate''

Something like that.

Great poem, a hidden poet under the surface :lol:

im sure if you put urself to it....you can

ok ..I will keep it simple "The Wizard of OZ is a fucking idiot ....and our Bull pen have been castrated...." Mlb fans will understand

thorntons make great toffees but lousy closers

Edited by zolayes

Torres doesn't score anymore because he can't score anymore. It's more complicated than it seems.

The statistics say: Fernando Torres hasn't score in 871 minutes played for Chelsea(Almost 900 if we consider that Birmingham game). That's the problem!. No, not the hundreds of minutes without goal for Nando, but in the stupidity of judging by the statistics. Our daily numbers diet! So many advantages for the buyers of the new detergent, so many deaths in Africa, so many grades in Japan. What gets dry behind the numbers doesn't even matter, because it doesn't make a news.

Torres doesn't score anymore because he can't. And he can't score anymore because he is blocked, he is not confident, he doubts himself. You can see all of these on his face and in his moves. He looks afraid like a student before the big exam. Torres doesn't miss, but he's in another world where everything is impossible and he can't do anything. And that just makes him very human.

A depression is not easier just because his owner is the one that Chelsea's paid £50 million for. A depression is just deep and period. Nobody found out the reason why human beings are sometimes just taken over by the lack of confidence and inspiration. Nobody knows why and how this feeling makes the writers unable to write anymore, or the politicians to think practically anymore. The only thing we know about it, is that everybody gets hit at least once and it is, of course, unexpected. It's just democratic.

But a young football player's fall is the saddest. Torres looks like a big injustice and incomprehensible, left by trust and "spark". Will this ever end? Maybe yes, maybe not. Some just woke up in the morning "cured", feeling great again. But some others, woke up it the morning just like yesterday again and again and they forgot being somebody. That just happens to anybody and we must understand that the football players are human too and they desperve respect. Nothing to do with the FIFA slogan.

________

This is a great article I found. It's written by Traian Radu Ungureanu, a great Romanian journalist who is a big fan of the EPL. I translated it so I'm not sure it's grammatically correct, but I hope you'll understand the main idea, which I tottaly agree with. Torres is just in a poor period, but it might dissapear soon. He needs time and understanding!

Thanks for putting in the part about the translation from a Romanian author.

Torres scored 9 goals with an iffy Liverpool team coming back from injury. At Chelsea, he's actually healthy and playing the worst I've seen him play in half a dozen years.

When I watch Torres play with the Spanish National Team he always looks out of sort and like an ok, nothing special player. This goes back to Euro Cup. I never thought I'd see him in another side where he looks so out of sorts..... until he put on the Chelsea shirt. I don't know if it's tactics, confidence, Carlo, or what but this is not the Torres I love to watch play.

I've seen that photo alot and I know people are having a laugh, mostly at Torres' expense. I would take that photo with a grain of salt but if it does indeed represent Drogba's attitude to Torres as Chelsea player, it's pretty sad. It's just not bad for Torres but it's not good for the club.

What is with everyone laying the guillotine before the egg has hatched?

Are you guys really going to dwell into the back pockets of the media? Torres is one of the most expensive players in the world, and he is yet to fit in the style of play of the team - which is somewhat down due to the form of Drogba and Carlo's normal inept Sub timings. Carlo himself said 'Torres is CHELSEA'S FUTURE!' Thus meaning the forward, not the present. This is the study session before the big test in the form of next season.