Fernando Torres: Too good to play for Chelsea?

Henri

We've won six of our last seven league games without Torres contributing much. If anything, Torres hasn't been good enough to play for Chelsea.

Now, I still think Torres is a world class player on form, but I honestly couldn't care less about whether he scores his first goal for us before the season ends. We have other capable players and I frankly don't care who scores as long as we do. It was pathetic having to see our players force-pass the ball to Torres to get him on the scoresheet when GD could potentially make or break our season

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I understand why the spanish is afraid of playing for us:

article-1379431-0BB6CB7600000578-300_634x346.jpg

People love to blow things out of proportion don't they..If people actually watched the game, Didier was MOTM and deserved to take the chance considering the form he was in. It would be stupid to let Torres try it considering Drogba takes most of our free kicks anyway. Not once did I see a sign of frustration from Nando at all, he moved into his position and played on like a true team mate..load of bullocks.

People love to blow things out of proportion don't they..If people actually watched the game, Didier was MOTM and deserved to take the chance considering the form he was in. It would be stupid to let Torres try it considering Drogba takes most of our free kicks anyway. Not once did I see a sign of frustration from Nando at all, he moved into his position and played on like a true team mate..load of bullocks.

Spot on. In football people like to put labels on someone or something. It sells papers, it gets eyeballs, it gets ears listening to dodgy 'pundits'. It's a bit sad we as Chelsea fans are happy to roll over and buy into whatever crap the media tries to make us believe.

Spot on. In football people like to put labels on someone or something. It sells papers, it gets eyeballs, it gets ears listening to dodgy 'pundits'. It's a bit sad we as Chelsea fans are happy to roll over and buy into whatever crap the media tries to make us believe.

Another point I missed, that also applies to the Wayne Bridge situation where some fans are slagging him off when he's done nothing wrong. It really puts us into perspective on how easy people eat up media propaganda.

Another point I missed, that also applies to the Wayne Bridge situation where some fans are slagging him off when he's done nothing wrong. It really puts us into perspective on how easy people eat up media propaganda.

Yeah i'm still confused about the whole slagging off Bridge thing and the reaction of some fans when he came to The Bridge disappointed me. I mean, show some respect -_-.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't blame this on Carlo. Most of the blame should actually go to Torres. I understand that it's hard for January transfers to quickly adapt to their new teams, but he's been absolutely shocking in front of the goal. Even with the limited chances that he had, he should have scored something like 5. The half-chance he had yesterday was a good example. He didn't even hit the target FFS... Hopefully he improves his form next season - and I expect him to - because if he keeps playing like this, he'll be the worst transfer of all time.

Don't blame this on Carlo. Most of the blame should actually go to Torres. I understand that it's hard for January transfers to quickly adapt to their new teams, but he's been absolutely shocking in front of the goal. Even with the limited chances that he had, he should have scored something like 5. The half-chance he had yesterday was a good example. He didn't even hit the target FFS... Hopefully he improves his form next season - and I expect him to - because if he keeps playing like this, he'll be the worst transfer of all time.

:goodpost:

In front of goal he has been awful. Lets hope it is a confidence thing and with regular 90 mins on the pitch he will start rehitting the target. I do like his attitude though he is a team player, not like many centre forwards....

I blame Carlo fully. Funnily enough in a poor Liverpool team he was still scoring goals.How many 90 mins has Torres actually had with us?

Carlo has had months to fully introduce him into the side and get a strike partnership formed.

Yeah i'm still confused about the whole slagging off Bridge thing and the reaction of some fans when he came to The Bridge disappointed me. I mean, show some respect -_-.

It was Bridge's EX at the time JT 'visited' her.

Bridge was being a pathetic little bitch about the whole thing.

I blame Carlo fully. Funnily enough in a poor Liverpool team he was still scoring goals.How many 90 mins has Torres actually had with us?

Carlo has had months to fully introduce him into the side and get a strike partnership formed.

Yeah, I've wanted to post this but didn't because I don't want to imply Torres isn't responsible for his form--he is. But he managed a handful of quality strikes while playing for Hodgson and his pre-historic offense. He played for Dalglish for 3 weeks and managed 3 goals in 4 league matches. Much of this is down to the fact he was Liverpool's only capable striker and played every minute he physically could. Another factor is his teammates looked to feed him the ball, however imperfectly they did it this season as a very poor side during the Hodgson era. But they still did it and really upped it up with Dalglish in charge.

So even though his form is his responsibility, playing him in stuttering pattern and in a system where the midfielders who don't/can't pass to him are reasonable extenuating factors for his poor form. In other words, he's been okay and sometimes poor (should be better of course for his quality) but due to circumstances, the patchy form has now become "The worst transfer in the history of football."

Tweak the system and play him consistently next season. See what happens. I know it's a risk but when you splash out that kind of money, there should be some intent to nurture that investment. I wouldn't recommend doing this for a 5M journeyman but this isn't the case for Torres is it? It's a risk, it may not pan out but it's better then continuing with the stutter step plan. That's guaranteed to be successful in wasting 50M pounds.

"The worst transfer in the history of football."

He said that because he doesn't like Torres and even less Carlo.

I agree with you that we should 'risk' with Torres and Sturridge as our strikers next season.

Look how bad was Mario Gomes last season. And he had Robben and Ribery around him.

This season he's banging goals in.

Look how bad was Mario Gomes last season. And he had Robben and Ribery around him.

This season he's banging goals in.

Yeah, I remember all the "Gomes is truly awful" talk. I thought he was a dud too.