Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

You say you are glad the club didnt decide to overpay for Cavani or any other possible target (DM,CM), but you are glad we are overpaying for Willian?

You cant say for others to be happy with something they dont agree on. You have all the right to back-up Mourinho and the board on this deal, I just wont because I think that having the resources doesnt mean we should use it in a not so wise manner...

Ok so we are all working on the assumption that it's the DM / CM position that's fucked and that's where we need replacements, along sight the strikers right...?

Well what happens if the problem is actually Mazacar - e.g it just doesn't work!!!

By signing 1 player for 30million we have saved ourselves the cost of 3 players (2 additional players and this transfer which we all thought would be Rooney)...

Just because Mata, Hazard and Oscar are great players - doesn't mean they can all work together in the same team at the same time - I think we became obsessed with trying to make it work and I personally do not think it does...

So I'm happy to explore other options :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so we are all working on the assumption that it's the DM / CM position that's fucked and that's where we need replacements, along sight the strikers right...?

Well what happens if the problem is actually Mazacar - e.g it just doesn't work!!!

By signing 1 player for 30million we have saved ourselves the cost of 3 players (2 additional players and this transfer which we all thought would be Rooney)...

Just because Mata, Hazard and Oscar are great players - doesn't mean they can all work together in the same team at the same time - I think we became obsessed with trying to make it work and I personally do not think it does...

So I'm happy to explore other options :)

Mazacar doesnt work, and that is why I have been saying Mourinho will drop Mata for KDB so the trio can have balance!

And yes, I agree that if you have the opportunity to add more quality you do so. But you cant argue you first tackle your big issues before polishing what is already good.

You are a game designer, right? Do you improve your good graphics if you have problems with gameplay (or vice-versa)?

However, I will be honest with you, I am terrified to death Mata will be used to land Rooney if we aproach the last day of the transfer window and Manure still havent sold him to us. I think I would literately shad a tear if that happens...

Youtube is possibly the second worst scouting tool known to man.

Fair enough, we all know that Willian is a good player, but by putting a few clips together you can make an average player look world class. You can also make a player who has had a decent game, look like he has had a great game.

Here is a prime example, my team, Dundee United have a very good player, Gary Mackay-Steven. This video makes him look like a world beater, when realistically he is just a stand out SPL player who could possibly at best end up at middle of the road Prem team at best.

Youtube is possibly the second worst scouting tool known to man.

Fair enough, we all know that Willian is a good player, but by putting a few clips together you can make an average player look world class. You can also make a player who has had a decent game, look like he has had a great game.

Here is a prime example, my team, Dundee United have a very good player, Gary Mackay-Steven. This video makes him look like a world beater, when realistically he is just a stand out SPL player who could possibly at best end up at middle of the road Prem team at best.

I put a video of one single match, I believe it has all his actions with the ball in one game. Usually it's what people do when they make one video like that, you can search for clips like that for Cristiano Ronaldo and you will find all the moments where Cristiano had possesion of the ball in the last season (good things and bad things),

When I want to know more about a player I think it's a good and fast way to know how he plays. Of course it would be better see all the game, but I don't have time for that.

I put a video of one single match, I believe it has all his actions with the ball in one game. Usually it's what people do when they make one video like that, you can search for clips like that for Cristiano Ronaldo and you will find all the moments where Cristiano had possesion of the ball in the last season (good things and bad thinks),

When I want to know more about a player I think it's a good and fast way to know how he plays. Of course it would be better see all the game, but I don't have time for that.

Don't take it the wrong way, it wasn't a dig at you, I'm just saying using youtube as a reference on how good a player is, is not really worthwhile. It's nearly as bad as when people type out a list of names of players they'd like to see sign, just because they've signed them on Football Manager/Fifa

In my mind I'm thinking Hazard + Willian = the new version of Robben + Duff

I think Mourinho has tried Mazacar but it just doesn't work and now is making steps to correct it. If that means players come and go - so be it.

I loved our playing style in that season - was amazing :)

The thing with Robben and Duff is that they're both out and out wingers, although Hazard and Willian can play on the wing, it's best when they can interchange and not be forced to stay out on the wing. I would compare Duff and Robben to the likes of Moses and Schurrle in terms of how direct they are.

Back then we were playing counter attack football, similar to United, look at how many wingers they have, Young, Valancia, Nani and Zaha.

We're going to play a different style under Mourinho now considering the amount of attacking Midfielders we have, it's not about counter attacking at blistering pace, more like controlling the pace and tempo of the game.

The thing with Robben and Duff is that they're both out and out wingers, although Hazard and Willian can play on the wing, it's best when they can interchange and not be forced to stay out on the wing. I would compare Duff and Robben to the likes of Moses and Schurrle in terms of how direct they are.

Back then we were playing counter attack football, similar to United, look at how many wingers they have, Young, Valancia, Nani and Zaha.

We're going to play a different style under Mourinho now considering the amount of attacking Midfielders we have, it's not about counter attacking at blistering pace, more like controlling the pace and tempo of the game.

Kinda agree - but we need width and Hazard and Willian have the dribbling and pace to be more effective slightly wider...

Our biggest problem is controlling the pace and setting a tempo - we can start well, but soon lose it and then give impetus to our opposition - it will take a few seasons of coaching I feel to get that right, we don't look fluid like United, City and Arsenal - or even Swansea...

I actually think LB is our weakest area and possibly RB - Cole doesn't link up so well anymore and Azpi doesn't always overlap - which means we get to good areas, but fail to press the advantage...

It will be an interesting solution that's for sure :)

Couple of players out on loan should also help - guessing West Brom and Watford will be interested :) maybe even Steve Bruce after his buttering up of Mourinho :) and I don't have a problem with that :)

I don't get the complaints. I thought everyone trusted Mourinho? Was the midfield good enough going forward without him? I don't think so personally. Mourinho said his intent was to destroy opponents this season and signing Willian proves just that. Who gets sold or loaned out is interesting because Mourinho said Mata is a player he likes but no one saw the Willian deal coming so who's to say Jose gets an offer he can't resist? First it was just Rooney, then there was a plan B or C and now he's getting someone totally out of left field.

I didn't say we don't have the players to make through balls - I meant we don't have the movement or width for players to effectively use through balls - e.g Fast Wingers making intelligent runs and not leaving everything to the Striker...

So EVERY striker we have signed barring Drogba (freak :)) has been shit? -

BA - proven goal scorer in the prem, comes here = shit

Lukaku - ripped it up at WBA

Torres - was good now average

Even AVERAGE strikers can score goals with the right service and I'm sorry - our playing style does not work for a single striker - it's a fallacy we have deluded ourselves with for years...

Go watch us when we had Robben + Duff on the wings - we literally raped everybody - that was Mourinho at his best, if he brings that brand of football back I will be delighted...

Pls tell these people who don't know mourinho.

He uses two fast paced wingers on the flanks in every team he's coached. Moses is the only other option that is natural on the RW, what does mou do?

He MASSIVELY upgrades that position with willian and people are complaining.

Striker is the top priority, but they all look unlikely. Opportunity comes to prevent rivals from getting stronger and getting us even stronger and we take it.

We use 4-2-3-1 which should have two fast people on the wings and an AM.

Many fans have been hoping we play like barcelona when we use a different formation.

The teams that use our formations have two dribblers on their flanks which was how we were under mourinho when we destroyed the league.

Chelsea - robben, duff, j.cole

Dortmund - abumeyang, reus

Madrid - dimaria, ronaldo

Bayern last season- robben, ribery

Chelsea now - hazard, willian

I don't think people know that

DRIBBLING IS PART OF ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL AND WHAT WEVE LACKED FOR YEARS ON THE FLANKS

We'll be running round Tottenham with our Willian hanging out, We'll be running round Tottenham with our Willian hanging out ,We'll be running round Tottenham, running round Tottenham, running round Tottenham with our Willian hanging out! Singing I've got a Willian haven't you??