Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for beign slight off-topic, but if I'm counting correctly Rooney is now best paid player in the world? really not sure but CR(as best paid) is making something about 17m€ per year without bonuses(not sure how much is that) and Rooney is 300k p/w *4 * 12 is 14,4mŁ, well 1 GBP = 1.2168 € so it's 17,5m per year... Am I totally wrong or united is really that stupid?

Looking at gross figures is one thing, looking at net is another. England has very high taxes, the highest in Europe (or even the world?) or so I've heard. So 300K p/w in England is not the same as 300K p/w in Spain. I wouldn't be at all surprised if CR got more money on his account every week despite having lower gross salary.

It kind of is. It's life it's fame but 300k a week when people all over are starving and dying.

Even the worlds best doctors etc aren't getting anywhere near that but for kicking a ball. It is pretty shocking but that's life.

300k is a ridiculous amount of money that no human should ever earn. Would ever be worth. With all the poverty in the world it's pretty disgusting. Sheer Monopoly money

It's funny how clubs don't give a single shit about FFP. I thought it was created to avoid ridiculous situations like this, guess nobody cares really, money keeps flowing and it was naive to think that anybody would want to stop the money flow for some noble reason. The best we can do is hope that those overpaid celebrities give something back through charities and stuff like that, but I have a strong feeling that most of them don't really care about it and do it for PR reasons, which in turn is designed to make them even more money. Disgusting system it is but all we can do is cry about it from afar.

It's funny how clubs don't give a single shit about FFP. I thought it was created to avoid ridiculous situations like this, guess nobody cares really, money keeps flowing and it was naive to think that anybody would want to stop the money flow for some noble reason. The best we can do is hope that those overpaid celebrities give something back through charities and stuff like that, but I have a strong feeling that most of them don't really care about it and do it for PR reasons, which in turn is designed to make them even more money. Disgusting system it is but all we can do is cry about it from afar.

Well it wasn't. It's to stop clubs from spending more than their worth or better put more than they can generate themselves. Our club like many others over last decade benefited from liquidity injections but those do not count toward FFP regulations. You still require some liquidity injections if you want to be in the higher tier/bracket of spending for the rules. If you don't have billionaire to back you up the FFP regulation is much stricter. It doesn't stop a big club like ours from doing anything as long as we keep our debt accumulation within any three year window to below 45 million euros. I'm not sure on the exact figure but if you can afford it FFP doesn't stop you from doing squat, its spending over your means that it controls.

It kind of is. It's life it's fame but 300k a week when people all over are starving and dying.

Even the worlds best doctors etc aren't getting anywhere near that but for kicking a ball. It is pretty shocking but that's life.

So someone shouldn't get paid big money because there is poverty in the world? Don't understand how it's "disgusting".

So someone shouldn't get paid big money because there is poverty in the world? Don't understand how it's "disgusting".

It's disgusting because he doesn't need 300k a week.

There should be a wage limit of say 250k a week for all players (unless you are the best in the world).

It's disgusting because he doesn't need 300k a week.

There should be a wage limit of say 250k a week for all players (unless you are the best in the world).

So you're saying it wouldn't be disgusting if Rooney was on 250k but it is if he's on 300k?

I don't agree with Rooney being worth 300k because he simply isn't worth that much, that's right, but that doesn't mean it's "disgusting" - and to use poverty as a reason to why it's disgusting is ridiculous, which is what my main argument is. It's not about the amount so much, it's just ridiculous in general to say that footballers are disgusting for earning big wages because there is still poverty around is funny.

I hate to say this but i really don't want to know any body accountant info if am not earning from it. It disgusting imagining things with some one ease money think what he can buy what he should be doing base on what he earn the only thing that will push me to take a pick at some one life is when you are stepping on me

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You