Wayne Rooney

J.F.

None of those stats are from last season. Just tell me, which player you would like up front for Chelsea? It's a bit of fun.

what stats were not from last season?

and in terms of who i want up front any of Lewandowski, Cavani or Falcao will do!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know why peoples arguments for Rooney is to show me his stats from last season! how about Torres stats the season before we signed him (22 goals in 32 games) or Shevchenko's (28 goals in 40 games) how did they work out?

if you watched him play recently you would know he is in decline any United fan will tell you that, anyone who has actually watched him lately will tell you that! but yeah he scored goals last season so it only makes sense that next season the declining Wayne Rooney will score even more right??? :banghead:

This.

The people denying Rooney is in decline are lying to themselves!!!

Player A - 34 Apps, 9 Goals, 11 Assists

Player B - 27 Apps, 12 Goals, 10 Assists

Player C - 29 Apps, 12 Goals, 11 Assists

Which player do you want up front?

I dont think there is a big difference between A,B and C, but If I'm correct, both Hazard and Mata have similar stats, not sure if thats a good way to compare players.

Podolski: 9 goals and 9 assists.

what stats were not from last season?

and in terms of who i want up front any of Lewandowski, Cavani or Falcao will do!

None of those stats are from last season. Two are from this season, one is from a little earlier. Which one takes your fancy?

And Falcao is an interesting choice when you think about how he'd fit into our team, his price tag, his effect on the performance of his Atletico teammates and things of that nature. Lewandowski is a great shout and Cavani may be a good fit too, although he's expensive.

But Falcao does have those swarthy Latin good looks, something I know has been raised as a negative about Rooney before. I suppose Radamel would look good with the Chelsea shirt on, and off.....if you know what I mean. :eyebrows:

None of those stats are from last season. Two are from this season, one is from a little earlier. Which one takes your fancy?

And Falcao is an interesting choice when you think about how he'd fit into our team, his price tag, his effect on the performance of his Atletico teammates and things of that nature. Lewandowski is a great shout and Cavani may be a good fit too, although he's expensive.

But Falcao does have those swarthy Latin good looks, something I know has been raised as a negative about Rooney before. I suppose Radamel would look good with the Chelsea shirt on, and off.....if you know what I mean. :eyebrows:

Falcao would be a beast for us and would have no problem fitting our style! i think that's Bs when people say he wont fit the way we play! especially with Jose coming in! he likes Counter attack football and that suits Falcao nicely!

i think your getting confused as am i!

I am still baffled as to why you said to me none of those stats are from last season? the stats i mentioned in my post were from Torres and Sheva's last full season before signing for Chelsea i am not sure what you are talking about tbh!

i think your getting confused as am i!

I am still baffled as to why you said to me none of those stats are from last season? the stats i mentioned in my post were from Torres and Sheva's last full season before signing for Chelsea i am not sure what you are talking about tbh!

The stats of the 'mystery players' are three players not named Shevchenko or Torres.

If lewandowski is available then we should not even look at rooney,Just fucking get lewandowski in!

I think we should look at him, mainly because Rooney is a better player (on his day) than Lewandowski. Lewandowski is a great goalscorer, but Rooney has that x-factor that very few players have.

Motivated, fit and hungry Rooney every time.

I think we should look at him, mainly because Rooney is a better player (on his day) than Lewandowski. Lewandowski is a great goalscorer, but Rooney has that x-factor that very few players have.

Motivated, fit and hungry Rooney every time.

A motivated,fit and hungry rooney is world class but the problem is he is not the same anymore.Yes there is a chance that he may well recapture all that but it would be a huge risk which i am not willing to take at the moment.Lewandowski has been brilliant for a fair while now and the quoted price for both of them is 25m and for that give lewandowski over the current rooney anyday.If we sign rooney then it could go either way he may turn us into genuine title contenders and he may well become another torres/shevchenko.

A motivated,fit and hungry rooney is world class but the problem is he is not the same anymore.Yes there is a chance that he may well recapture all that but it would be a huge risk which i am not willing to take at the moment.Lewandowski has been brilliant for a fair while now and the quoted price for both of them is 25m and for that give lewandowski over the current rooney anyday.If we sign rooney then it could go either way he may turn us into genuine title contenders and he may well become another torres/shevchenko.

Whereas if we sign Lewandowski.....what?? He's had two good seasons in a tough league. There are absolutely no guarantees and anyone suggesting otherwise is a fucking moron.

That's why I use the word 'if' a lot because that's what surrounds any transfer. There are great discussions to be had around Rooney the player fitting into our squad, but most people want to write him off, that he's in a decline and that he's just not good looking enough.

I would like to coach Rooney, as much for his football as for his mentality.

That's what Mourinho said about Rooney in 2010. Mourinho understands mentality is more important than almost any other attribute in football and it's something that certain people on here having got the first fucking clue about.

Whereas if we sign Lewandowski.....what?? He's had two good seasons in a tough league. There are absolutely no guarantees and anyone suggesting otherwise is a fucking moron.

That's why I use the word 'if' a lot because that's what surrounds any transfer. There are great discussions to be had around Rooney the player fitting into our squad, but most people want to write him off, that he's in a decline and that he's just not good looking enough.

I would like to coach Rooney, as much for his football as for his mentality.

That's what Mourinho said about Rooney in 2010. Mourinho understands mentality is more important than almost any other attribute in football and it's something that certain people on here having got the first fucking clue about.

Lewandowski has also proved himself in the UCL.Ofcourse every transfer is a gamble but the rooney one will be a huge one where as lewandowski will be a lesser risk at the same price.Lewandowski will be just as good with mata and hazard as rooney.He is younger,fitter and hungrier and has had a great season not only in the bundesliga but also in the UCL.

Lewandowski has also proved himself in the UCL.Ofcourse every transfer is a gamble but the rooney one will be a huge one where as lewandowski will be a lesser risk at the same price.Lewandowski will be just as good with mata and hazard as rooney.He is younger,fitter and hungrier and has had a great season not only in the bundesliga but also in the UCL.

Rooney has won the Champions League and scored in the final. He's also proved himself in the Premier League, again and again.

I like Lewandowski and I think he fits our system better than players like Falcao, but Rooney is (on his day) on another level. He's a leader and a fighter and we need that....we need another Drogba. Not really seen that in Lewandowski up to this point.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You