Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 59m

David Moyes: Wayne Rooney is not for sale #SSN

really zero chances he will come. united would look like clowns.

Give me one reason why Moyes wouldn't say that?

I'm not saying this deal is going to happen, but people need to be a bit more....realistic. It's simply bad business practice to say any item is for sale when an item that isn't available is more valuable. The formal transfer request is still to come and that may change a lot, simply because it saves the Glazers millions of pounds in the event of a sale.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this deal is going to happen, but people need to be a bit more....realistic. It's simply bad business practice to say any item is for sale when an item that isn't available is more valuable. The formal transfer request is still to come and that may change a lot, simply because it saves the Glazers millions of pounds in the event of a sale.

he can say it one time or two times. but he already said it at least 10 times. thats not normal, if you dont really want to keep hold of the player. look at AVB. he isnt even commenting the Bale saga, because he knows, that Bale could leave. United are a big club and not Liverpool or similiar. I really dont see it coming, only if United buy some star.

Name one England player who hasn't under-performed in major tournaments? That includes the likes of Gerrard, Lamps, Becks, and JT.

I'm not talking about other England players, I'm just saying that even if when was fit he would underperform for England. He is the main man, Lampard/Gerrard have underperformed because they have been played together and that hurts both their games specially Lampards. Beckham is overrated, John Terry is a defender and England's issue has not been the defense but the lack of a World Class defensive midfielder and not enough balance and ability to keep the ball. Looney is part of the problem because he has been picked for England despite always being awful for the NT(apart of his debut), the other problem is that Looney would be more effective if he was played in the position Gerrard and Lampard play because he would be more involved in the build up and won't have to be marooned between two defenders.

Looney is a better "10" than a "9" and he doesn't seem to realize it, he should not be playing as a lone forward in England or us/United/

The formal transfer, like what ? Do you honestly believe Rooney is going to put one in ?

The formal transfer, like what ? Do you honestly believe Rooney is going to put one in ?

It's certainly an option that his camp has at it's disposal.

I'm not talking about other England players, I'm just saying that even if when was fit he would underperform for England. He is the main man, Lampard/Gerrard have underperformed because they have been played together and that hurts both their games specially Lampards. Beckham is overrated, John Terry is a defender and England's issue has not been the defense but the lack of a World Class defensive midfielder and not enough balance and ability to keep the ball. Looney is part of the problem because he has been picked for England despite always being awful for the NT(apart of his debut), the other problem is that Looney would be more effective if he was played in the position Gerrard and Lampard play because he would be more involved in the build up and won't have to be marooned between two defenders.

Looney is a better "10" than a "9" and he doesn't seem to realize it, he should not be playing as a lone forward in England or us/United/

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Looney. Because it rhymes with Rooney and implies he's mad. Jesus.....Whitman, Twain, Wilde you guys can fuck off because we've chanced upon a true wit in our midst.

Anyway, guffawing aside I disagree with most of that. I pay so little attention to the national team's performances because frankly I don't care for them. What I have seen with Rooney is a player who steps up in the big moments (Champions League Finals, last minutes of title deciders against local rivals) when given the mantle of 'main guy'. A guy who has scored 100 goals in the last four seasons despite being shuffled to and fro to accommodate other players and a guy who can lead the line and bring other players into the game.

To me, he is the ideal choice to spearhead our front four.

he can say it one time or two times. but he already said it at least 10 times. thats not normal, if you dont really want to keep hold of the player. look at AVB. he isnt even commenting the Bale saga, because he knows, that Bale could leave. United are a big club and not Liverpool or similiar. I really dont see it coming, only if United buy some star.

He keeps getting asked, and for some reason he keeps answering. It's almost like people in the media don't believe him.

United are a big club....they also sold their biggest player (one of the two biggest players in the world in fact) a few years ago. There is a long time left in this transfer window and a lot of cards left to be played by both sides, but anyone who expected something to be done before our league game with them was kidding themselves.

It's certainly an option that his camp has at it's disposal.

Looney. Because it rhymes with Rooney and implies he's mad. Jesus.....Whitman, Twain, Wilde you guys can fuck off because we've chanced upon a true wit in our midst.

Anyway, guffawing aside I disagree with most of that. I pay so little attention to the national team's performances because frankly I don't care for them. What I have seen with Rooney is a player who steps up in the big moments (Champions League Finals, last minutes of title deciders against local rivals) when given the mantle of 'main guy'. A guy who has scored 100 goals in the last four seasons despite being shuffled to and fro to accommodate other players and a guy who can lead the line and bring other players into the game.

He keeps getting asked, and for some reason he keeps answering. It's almost like people in the media don't believe him.

United are a big club....they also sold their biggest player (one of the two biggest players in the world in fact) a few years ago. There is a long time left in this transfer window and a lot of cards left to be played by both sides, but anyone who expected something to be done before our league game with them was kidding themselves.

Yes, it is an option. However, we both know if he puts in the transfer he is bound to lose a lot of money. Therefore, this ass won´t do it. if he was so adamant on leaving, he would have done it a month ago. I highly doubt he will come to play for Chelsea.

Since manures refuse to let him go, he can not afford to put in the transfer. Just in case he is made to stay. Can you imagine Rooney in front of the manure crowd, then ?

The reason he was shuffled is because clearly his game suffers when leading the line and things don't go his way, even when he was scoring a load of goals leading the United attack the rest of his game suffered. You can ask I have watched a lot of United matches over the last few years - the ideal person to lead our attack was in a Cavani/Zlatan mold not Wayne Looney. Looney's best position is Mata's best position - behind a player who would hold up the ball and allow Looney to be involved with the build up and will have the capability of receiving the ball distributing it and then moving forward.

Wayne has been shifted around due to Saha; Ronaldo; RvP - according to most of the United supporting mates his best season was 2009/2010 as well, a season where he was United's creative outlet and goal scorer, he played a bit with Berbatov that year and even though that particular partnership didn't work out in the end Mitko was the one who was usually closer to the goal that year for United while Rooney was closer to the midfield. Previous season when United had Berbatov/Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney it was Ronaldo/Tevez usually further forward and moving to the wings while Berbatov and Rooney were more withdrawn and provided the link up play with the midfield.

2011/2012 Season was the season when he was played as a lone forward - he scored a lot of goals that year but United's overall shape suffered because they were so used to having a player like Looney providing the link between attack and midfield. They dropped out of the CL Groups by finishing in 3rd place; they failed to do well in the other Domestic Cups and lost title on the very last match of the season.

The following year RvP was bought despite United already having the pure scorer Looney

Edited by Las7

You missed an opportunity to shut up.Your childish reaction pushed you to influence other members,its your right to dagger me in the back, don't do it publicly.If you dont have the balls to discuss logically football, its not my problem.

So serious. Lighten up it's a football forum. It's your problem you responded to my somewhat troll comments.

Old camel lips on twitter last night congratulated Well beck On his goal,talked up Cleverly and even said how good Wilshere was but guess who he didnt have A mention for? Surely if one of your team mates was returning from injury youd have a Mention for him?

Old camel lips on twitter last night congratulated Well beck On his goal,talked up Cleverly and even said how good Wilshere was but guess who he didnt have A mention for? Surely if one of your team mates was returning from injury youd have a Mention for him?

What made me laugh and cringe at the same time last night was the fact the man who sent him home injured from pre-season, the man who all along claims he was injured and couldn't take part in the Community Shield was sat behind the glass giving match analysis for ITV days after saying he wasn't fit.........David Moyes......And this fucker expects everyone to believe him when he says 'He isn't for sale'?

Barca have said Cesc isn't for sale, they have bid twice for Cesc, and another coming.

:beer:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You