How Are You Feeling?

kwylino

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissed! Norton AV is a fucking idiot! It just loves deleting files before asking me anything...

Reason why it does delete my files sometimes?

It can't find enough info around the internet on the file so it labels it as unsecure and then deletes it...twat

Pissed! Norton AV is a fucking idiot! It just loves deleting files before asking me anything...

It can't find enough info around the internet on the file so it labels it as unsecure and then deletes it...twat

time to tell Norton to go fuck itself and get AVG! it's free to download and it's a gazillion times quicker! ;)

Nervous about starting work placement. Yikes, won't get on this at all. Goodbye my lovers, I'm going to a far away place until February, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year etc...I might get a chance to post now and again but most likely not. Don't cry. Buh Bye!

I'm pretty sure Norton has an option to set it to ask you before doing any actions itself. Just surf around the settings, it's always a good idea to configure your protection to suit your needs. And don't take AVG suggestion above seriously, it's a piss poor antivirus with it being free its only plus... If you want a decent free av, get Avast - it's also quick and efficient, at one point it was the quickest out there, not sure if still is. But if you have Norton license, then stick with it, it's become a top-notch antivirus prog. If you want to compare different programs out there, av-comparatives is the best site compiling independent comparisons and tests.

EDIT: Actually looking at the recent tests, Norton has an unusually high false positive result... I guess your experience also confirms it. Avast on the other has the quickest scanning speed, still. I personally use F-Secure and am totally satisfied with it, pleased to see that it got good results. Everything there under ADVANCED+ award is a solid bet to get on your computer. Norton's results look poor now tbh, even AVG's detection rate is better and it finished 1 place above Norton... but it also depends on which version you are using, but I'm still surprised to see Symantec's inconsistency... For a long period they had become an obscure company, then with a new version they topped many tables, but now they have again started falling down the order. Avast, ESET, F-Secure, Kaspersky and Avira have always been among the best imo, at least in recent years, so if you are thinking about changing your protection, I suggest you choose from one of them.

Yeah Avast is alright, still want to know why it's reporting LDN's sig as a virus though :lol:

Probably has something to do with the host site, minus.com... It's either a false positive by avast or the host site got compromised.

Nervous about starting work placement. Yikes, won't get on this at all. Goodbye my lovers, I'm going to a far away place until February, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year etc...I might get a chance to post now and again but most likely not. Don't cry. Buh Bye!

Good Luck, Nicola! I am sure you will do great!! I will miss you!!

I am exhausted! I really didn't plan on working for a while yet and it is hard jumping in midterm for someone! Still feel like I am not doing as well as I could.

I don't know what I'm feeling at the moment :( this whole Linda situation for me has got me confused and dumfounded!

This time last month, she was telling me about coming to London for definate at the beginning of November so she could meet me, but now, it seems like that can't happen because she has so much heavy expenses to pay over in Stockholm such as her phone bill, and her rent she's paying while she's staying over in an appartment (she's studying environmental science at uni).. now she's telling me that everything between us is just so hard and difficult, despite me telling her that I can just go over there to see her! But right now, Linda doesn't even know what she wants. According to her, she's still trying to figure that out :(

gaah! Stupid feelings :wacko:

CJ, long distance relationships rarely work or are rarely healthy... I suggest you search closer to your home.. the distance will get a toll on you both eventually. Just a suggestion from my perspective, it's easier to end it before it gets too hard after you've actually met and then encounter some more problems. and the longing will start eating you as time goes by.

just my opinion.. i was in a long dist r'ship once (not as long as yours, mine was still interstate :D i couldn't even think about international), but it ended for obvious reasons.

CJ, long distance relationships rarely work or are rarely healthy... I suggest you search closer to your home.. the distance will get a toll on you both eventually. Just a suggestion from my perspective, it's easier to end it before it gets too hard after you've actually met and then encounter some more problems. and the longing will start eating you as time goes by.

I see what you mean, but the truth of the matter is, my feelings for her are massive right now... we've been talking for a year and 7 months on skype and we both feel that the only way to advance is to meet up.. but the problem lies with the fact that Linda can't decide what she wants, and that she's just generally confused about everything. The strange thing, is that all this literally came out of the blue! Everything seemed to be going well... we were looking forward to next month, until she told me about a huge phone bill, which dented her chances of coming to London to see me, and since then, it's been panic stations :(