Chelsea 0-0 Copenhagen

Top "Norway" club :) Brilliant, this shows how "brilliant" The Sun is.

Btw, Zhirkov was good today, sad he didnt score. All the way to defeat City!!! Cmon Blues!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had played beautiful footballl largely because of the space that FCK given us.

Loook at a the amount of space, lack of marking they did towards Ashely Cole - allowing him to bomb the left flank.

Honestly I feel we are a little fortunate that this wasn't a team such as City or a very good side if not they would had taken their chances aganist us.

Nonetheless it was positive football but I hope the team can score aganist City earlier to calm nerves...

Zhirkov making us all look like fools. We were asking for him to be given a chance and it's the second game in a row that he failed to turn up.

I'm indifferent to the choice between Zhirkov and Malouda from now on.

Zhirkov making us all look like fools. We were asking for him to be given a chance and it's the second game in a row that he failed to turn up.

:blink:

Were you watching the same game as us, Jaimin?

Jerkoff nearly scored twice. I thought he did alright.

My view on last night was that nobody seems to want to run with the ball. No driving runs. There's just that little bit of urgency lacking still.Maybe we were saving ourselves and hoping that Copenhagen would be more adventurous to just get them on the counter, the onus was on them after all. I think Didier is slowly starting to come good again.

:blink:

Were you watching the same game as us, Jaimin?

He almost scored twice I know but that was largely down to other players laying those chances on a plate for him. The first was down to Drogba and Cole and the second was all Anelka's handiwork. Yuri did play a few nice passes early on but imo he wasn't much different from what Malouda is week in, week out.

When I looked at the team sheets (Blackpool and yesterday), I was excited to find Yuri's name on there because I figured he would give us an extra spark in midfield...driving runs, mazy dribbles, a bit of creativity and pace...but I was disappointed to find him tucked inside far too much. The Zhirkov I saw at CSKA and last year while Ashley was injured didn't turn up.

It's funny to see the confidence people have in Torres, standing ovation when he comes on, cheering and arse licking at every touch he has, mirrored Anelka's first performance but obviously it was just so much better because it was Torres of course! I'll clap when I see some sort of return from that astonishing fee, got him pencilled in for Everton away (last game of the season) to score his first goal. And I don't really want to be proved wrong there.

The performance yesterday...they could've done better but they didn't need to do better to be honest, we know they won't play like that vs City (hopefully). Also I'm glad Carlo has seen the light and has probably silenty vowed to never let Hilario or Turnbull play again, good move!

Bring on City! when was the last time we strung a couple of results like this together eh? Seems like a distant memory!

He almost scored twice I know but that was largely down to other players laying those chances on a plate for him. The first was down to Drogba and Cole and the second was all Anelka's handiwork. Yuri did play a few nice passes early on but imo he wasn't much different from what Malouda is week in, week out.

When I looked at the team sheets (Blackpool and yesterday), I was excited to find Yuri's name on there because I figured he would give us an extra spark in midfield...driving runs, mazy dribbles, a bit of creativity and pace...but I was disappointed to find him tucked inside far too much. The Zhirkov I saw at CSKA and last year while Ashley was injured didn't turn up.

The tucking in is CA's decision, we don't play the traditional 4-4-2 like Man Utd and Tottenham do. Malouda did it (the tucking in), Zhirkov's doing it and Ramires does nothing else so it has to be CA's tactics. Probably because he wants the strikers to have support, it worked well in the first half, but that was mostly because of the fact Kopenhagen gave us a lot of time and space yet again, but the players obviously chose to save their energy in the second half which resulted in a boring second half (but I hope he changes his mind though and let them stay out wide more and let's Lamps support them while the other CM supports the defense).

And I disagree with you on Zhirkov. In the first half where we actually 'cared' to play, Zhirkov was one of the better performers (the guy is absolutely tireless by the way, just keeps running).

The tucking in is CA's decision, we don't play the traditional 4-4-2 like Man Utd and Tottenham do. Malouda did it (the tucking in), Zhirkov's doing it and Ramires does nothing else so it has to be CA's tactics. Probably because he wants the strikers to have support, it worked well in the first half, but that was mostly because of the fact Kopenhagen gave us a lot of time and space yet again, but the players obviously chose to save their energy in the second half which resulted in a boring second half (but I hope he changes his mind though and let them stay out wide more and let's Lamps support them while the other CM supports the defense).

I understand that mate, it's a definite tactic by Carlo to tuck the 'wide' players inside, giving room to Cole and Bos while at the same time packing the centre of the pitch and giving support to both the strikers, as well as the defence. But I still don't want Yuri especially to be denied of his natural game. He's the closest we have to proper winger remember.

And I disagree with you on Zhirkov. In the first half where we actually 'cared' to play, Zhirkov was one of the better performers (the guy is absolutely tireless by the way, just keeps running).

Yeah I alluded to the fact that he was involved in some good plays early on. But I guess I feel disappointed because I was really expecting him to take the match by the scruff of it's neck and dominate down that left side. Massive expectations = greater chances of disappointment obviously. But remember, only a fruit laden tree is pelted with stones :)

I understand that mate, it's a definite tactic by Carlo to tuck the 'wide' players inside, giving room to Cole and Bos while at the same time packing the centre of the pitch and giving support to both the strikers, as well as the defence. But I still don't want Yuri especially to be denied of his natural game. He's the closest we have to proper winger remember.

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that. It pains me to see Zhirkov being played anywhere but his natural position, a shame and a total waste of a very good player. It makes you wonder why he was every brought to the club.

Yeah I alluded to the fact that he was involved in some good plays early on. But I guess I feel disappointed because I was really expecting him to take the match by the scruff of it's neck and dominate down that left side. Massive expectations = greater chances of disappointment obviously. But remember, only a fruit laden tree is pelted with stones :)

I still believe he can become an important player for us. He's never been given a run as a starter so he hasn't had the opportunity to grow an understanding with the rest of the players. Look at Ramires, he looked very confused at first but now he's one the boys and looks like he's been playing for Chelsea for years.

If Zhirkov gets that chance too, and more importantly in his natural role, he can become some player for us and save us money of having to buy a player.

What the fuck is Rob Bagchi on ?

Preamble: There's a strong sense of tumbleweed blowing across Stamford Bridge tonight as everyone seems to think Chelsea's hold on this tie is unassailable. FC Copenhagen have played two matches since their home leg three weeks ago, their first league games since early December, and the rust showed in a victory over AAB which succeeded a defeat by FC Midtjylland. Jesper Gronkjaer returns to Chelsea tonight, scene of some exasperating displays for Claudio Ranieri's Blues and the odd stellar one. Chelsea rest Fernando Torres, Florent Malouda and Michael Essien, giving John Obi Mikel another opportunity to dispel the impression that he's been a huge disappointment this season (and the rest, some would say).

Source