Blackpool 1-3 Chelsea

James

Looking forward to this, even though it's on a Monday night (Thanks Sky :wank2:) and it's going to be bloody cold, although saying that, it can't be as cold as it was in Copenhagen.

The Seasiders will most certainly be up for this match, it should be a walk in the park for us, but I think we will have to be on top of our game. They're only a point behind Everton and Aston Villa, teams that can cause us problems. As Laylabelle says we need a good run from now onwards and not drop points. I can see us getting at least 2-0.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My team :

Cech

Bosigwa - Drogba - Terry - Cole

Essien - Josh

Ramires ------------ Zhirkov

Luiz - Torres

I would maybe give Bosingwa a start. Ivanovic is near to be suspended plus he has played 25 games out of 27. So I guess we should give him a rest. Futhermore, it would allow us to 'test' Bosingwa, to see if we should keep him or sell/release him.

If Mikel is fit for the game, we should play him in the second half instead of Essien. This isn't to punish Essien or stuff, but it is to see who's the better of them in this position.

About Lampard, we really need to rest him. He won't be able to play as long as Scholl and Giggs if we play him week in and week out. Though I really doubt that Josh will start, and if Frank start, we should at least replace him at the 70th minutes.

For Zhirkov, it's a no brainer. After Tuesday game, he definitely deserves to start.

I have my doubts about the partnership Drogba/Torres... To me it won't be a hit.. And when they've played together (against Liverpool) it didn't really work, but in their defense, this game was really special. So we should try once more this partnership (in an 'ordinary' game) to be sure whether it works or not...

This game is one of the easiest fixture that we will have untill the end of the season, plus it seems that Blackpool's two best players are out, which will make the game easier. So we should use this game to make some test, and of course, to rest some players.

Gasp! But Torres was bought for 50m! He has to start every game!

He ought to. I can understand thinking he's not provided the goods so why start him but he's really building momentum in his match-play. Interrupting that now might be counter productive.

Blackpool are just not Blackpool without Adam and Campbell. I think we really ought to win this game and win it quite comfortably. We could go on a great run now if we show a bit of belief and confidence.

Torres has to keep playing, he's 26, he cost 50m and eventually he will fire because he is world class. He really needs that first goal. http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/rHJq2szGsP4/

I can see Carlo "resting" Nico for this one so I don't see why Torres won't start. Really hope he can pair up with Drogba though, once both guys start clicking, who knows what our offence can do.

At the moment Torres does need to be starting every game and not just because we paid £50m for him, if we start benching him now his confidence could be shot. We need to get him playing at his best.

I would go for the same team as against Man U but with Drogs rather than Anelka and Zhirkov instead of Malouda.....

I think you mixed up Drogba and Luiz mate.

I did it on purpose lol. Since Luiz could be a good striker and Drogba defend very well (Chelsea-Arsenal in october).

Torres shall play. We gotta play him every minutes until he scores his first goal. Because this first goal his vital for his development in our team, and the sooner the better.

Our 4-4-2 doesn't have any width. Ramires and Louda are snuck inside and it presents a problem because 1.Ivan isnt a threatening RB in the attacking sense and 2.A smart manager will pin Cole back with a winger to stop him joining in on the attack as he likes to do so often. If we're playing 4-4-2, go with Zhirkov on the left and Kalou or even Bos on the right.

Well i am surprised by this young Jedi.

He ought to. I can understand thinking he's not provided the goods so why start him but he's really building momentum in his match-play. Interrupting that now might be counter productive.

The man is trying too hard. I think he's even more desperate to score than the supporters are, and that is counter-productive to the team. I love the guy and can't fault his commitment and effort; but he's seems to be playing in a selfish manner. Obviously I like my strikers to be selfish, but what is more important than him scoring is him striking an understanding with the players. Not playing him won't help that, granted, but it will instil some discipline in him and assert the fact this is a team sport.

One of Torres' primary attributes is his pace. Blackpool - having watched them many a time this season - do not have particularly brilliant defenders, and none of their players boast wonderful stamina. In fact, their high work-rate is what costs them points; if they did less in games they'd win more. How many times this season have Blackpool conceded in the last 20 minutes? I can't tell you the exact figure, but I believe only Wolves and West Ham have conceded more at such a stage. They get tired - and when they're tired, you give Torres 30 minutes. Drogba's power will be ideal in this match, in my opinion! Carlo will no doubt start Torres, however. I'm just offering an inch of wishful thinking. I'd also like Kalou to start, I have a crazy feeling he and Torres could strike up an understanding :ph43r:

However, as for the defence;

Luiz - Ivanovic - Terry - Zhirkov

Cole needs a rest, and Luiz is better going forward than Ivanovic. Much better. I'll also be moderately fucked off if Mikel doesn't start, he's gone from being everybody's player of the season into substitutes obscurity.

Again; more wishful thinking:

Petr Cech

Ramires - Lampard - Mikel - Kalou

Anelka - Drogba

Alternatively:

Petr Cech

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard

Kalou, Anelka

Drogba

Great shout giving Ashley a rest, Zhirkov is more than capable to fill in as we saw last season, He's a briliant left back, Probably the 3rd best in the league behind Ashley and maybe Evra.

Honestly, If you drop Nando his head will drop. He's been playing well, had a good game against United and seems to be getting an understanding of how we play. We have more creatvity in midfield with the 4-4-2. Ramires for me is key to Chelsea at the minute, The lad hasn't had a bad game in the last few months. I can see Benayoun coming on in this one as well if we're up by a few, Perfect game to bring him on in. This is also the sort of team that Kalou excells in.

Carlo has a tough job in picking places, Which is a very very good thing.

Our 4-4-2 doesn't have any width. Ramires and Louda are snuck inside and it presents a problem because 1.Ivan isnt a threatening RB in the attacking sense and 2.A smart manager will pin Cole back with a winger to stop him joining in on the attack as he likes to do so often. If we're playing 4-4-2, go with Zhirkov on the left and Kalou or even Bos on the right.

I see what you mean. I'm fully agree about Zhirkov. Though I'm disagree about Ramires... Since a while he's been one of our best player and I believe it would be a mistake to not play him... And to balance the lack of width on the right side, I would start Bosingwa at the RB spot (not only for that, also to rest Iva).

And for the others games, when Ivanovic won't be rested, I would play Luiz at Righ Back 'cause he's a more capable RB than Ivanovic is.