FC Copenhagen 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I think people are looking too much into the performance. In the Champions League, it is results that count most - I'm sure we'd all take a 2-0 win that sees a side perform more functionally than fantastically, over an excellent performance that doesn't pay such rich dividends. True, Copenhagen were disappointing considering the excellent season they have had, but that worked in our advantage. I think the players were actually expecting a tougher game. Put it this way; if you can win a game at walking pace, why bust a gut?

Exactly.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An away win in CL = a good thing.

Thought Torres looked very lively and looked like the Torres of old. His touch at times was sh*t but that's always been the case. It's coming (fingers crossed). Thought he had good linkup with Anelka. He also seemed to be looking for Lampard too, a la the Gerrard support he's used to.

One slight negative - can Chelsea not cross the ball well?

Let's see a win next week against United plus a Torres goal.

Agreed, if Bosingwa could cross a ball he'd be as good as Nani :Goober:

Liverpool was a different case. We all know how dangerous they used to be in the competition, and when two Premier League teams face each other it's different. Copenhagen don't look much threatening. Not to mention that they have to score 3 goals to go through, which is highly unlikely. They couldn't do that in front of their fans so I doubt they will at the Bridge.

Going to the stadium I met about 5 chelsea fans singing :

"Oh Grønkjær you are the love of my life, Oh Jesper Grønkær I would let you shag my wife" Nearly all the way. laugh.gif

I hope to god we dont have a mental moment and fuck this up..shouldnt do but with this Chelsea team never know!! Remember that Liverpool game going in 3-1 and the game turning into a mental goal fest lol

Still..good times :D

Really doubt you will, especially now that our only right back is suspended for the game and we have to play with a left back or a central defender there. Ancelotti said in a interview with Danish tv after the match that he wasn't going to underestimate the game at all though, as he put it when asked if he would use some reserves and let the profiles have a rest "I have once lost a 3-0 lead in champions league... in 45 min".

Liverpool was a different case. We all know how dangerous they used to be in the competition, and when two Premier League teams face each other it's different. Copenhagen don't look much threatening. Not to mention that they have to score 3 goals to go through, which is highly unlikely. They couldn't do that in front of their fans so I doubt they will at the Bridge.

We "only" need to score two. I mean Chelsea haven't exactly looked good in the penalty shoot outs the last many times that has happened.

I think people are looking too much into the performance. In the Champions League, it is results that count most - I'm sure we'd all take a 2-0 win that sees a side perform more functionally than fantastically, over an excellent performance that doesn't pay such rich dividends. True, Copenhagen were disappointing considering the excellent season they have had, but that worked in our advantage. I think the players were actually expecting a tougher game. Put it this way; if you can win a game at walking pace, why bust a gut?

True, but when you look at games like Inter-Bayern i feel like we are a step behind, but right anything can hapen in CL.

We "only" need to score two. I mean Chelsea haven't exactly looked good in the penalty shoot outs the last many times that has happened.

You need to score three to go through in regular time. Don't forget that even if you score two, it's not penalties straight after. There's 30 minutes of Extra Time. And, to go in ET you have to score two and concede none, which I don't think that will happen.

But you never know though, football is football and the ball is round.

Exactly.We score first.Game over really..you score first...nevey times!!!...and yeh pens we'll know how that will end so hopfully wont come to that!

Hehehe Carlo's hat still makes me smile..needs to keep wearing it! See if brings him luck.Sod the magic coat he has a funky hat