FC Copenhagen 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Told you about Spurs.

Told you about Spurs.

You sure did, proved me wrong thats for sure. But at least it benefits Chelsea!!! blue%20scalf.gif

We should have scored another 1-2 goals, but it's good. Petr was amazing today. Good assist from Lampard for the second goal. Good game.

Yeah, but i hope he thanks the defenders, especially second half when they were taking long range shots, Ivanovic and Bosingwa's positioning was amazing, giving them little space to kick the ball and allowing Petr to save the ball easily, giving the strikers small width to shoot at.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as tomorrows papers will say Copenhagen are a shit side ......who happened to draw with Barca...

Exactly, though i think Copenhagen played very poor today, so we had the advantage. Torres will get there, and seriously Torres getting his first goal against the Red Devils on tuesday would be a dream come true.

I will put my faith in Drogba to realise he has big challenge ahead of him, plus i want Drogba and Torres to bond, trust me we keep doing this to Drogba he will leave, and i don't want that to happen, Drogba maybe 33, but i would bet anything he could have another 3 years in him at least.

I'm thinking of the positive effects it will have. He might pull his finger out now. Nico has to start with Torres,he's earned it. That's how it should be,I just hope Carlo's finally realising this.

Composed, proffesional performance that produced a result that should be enough to se us into the quater final stage, granted Copenhagen were poor and it was hardly a free flowing game of football but its a results business and we got the result required and thats all that matters.

The whole back 4 and Cech looked in sync, all did very well. Essien was excellent in midfield tonight and some of Lampard's passing was top notch, Malouda also had his moments. Tonight was undoubtedly Torres' best game in a Chelsea shirt so far, he offers such a different threat to Drogba, he looked faster than he has done for us so far, he looked sharp, his movement is top class and his link up play with Nic Anelka was very promising and perhaps a partnership could be in the making there, all that was missing tonight was the goal but that will come, class is permanent and Torres is class and he showed some of that class tonight.

Man of the match though is definitely Nic Anelka, in his favoured striking position, his movement was inch perfect, he looked very sharp and looked on his game tonight, played at a much higher tempo than his usual strolling pace and looked very good in tandem with Torres.

I bet i get flamed now but hey

What i took from the game was we pld good for a new 4 4 2 formation. personally if that was in the League we would have got beat Copenhagen were very very poor today. lets hope we can get 4 4 2 working in the league and then we can start playing torres all the time and Drogba and N.A can play each and other just to see how that works

I would have put Kaluo on the wing instead of Rameris today he is better in the middle Essien also was looking abit better but still below part i think half our team was.

I'm thinking of the positive effects it will have. He might pull his finger out now. Nico has to start with Torres,he's earned it. That's how it should be,I just hope Carlo's finally realising this.

Carlo must be high if he doesn't start Nando next game, i know Drogba is a risky move, but best to start doing it now till the end of the season. I wanted a basic 4-4-2, but then again Anelka really does deserve his spot no matter what, even though he can play weak against big teams sometimes, but so can anyone really. Lets hope for a win against Man United, i'd even pray for it, it would give the team a huge confidence till the end of the season. And kick Tottenham to 5th place where they belong.

I bet i get flamed now but hey

What i took from the game was we pld good for a new 4 4 2 formation. personally if that was in the League we would have got beat Copenhagen were very very poor today. lets hope we can get 4 4 2 working in the league

An away CL win should never be scoffed at but I do agree that better teams than Copenhagen would have exploited the space Chelsea gave today. There were a few chances where a decent pass would have hurt Chelsea. Luckily Copenhagen was dire.

Bit disappointed we didn't just put our foot down and smash em because they were crap today. We played in like 4th gear the whole game at walking pace. Probably the easiest UCL KO match i've ever seen us play. Pretty sure we're home and dry now and a big test awaits where it gets nervy and a need-to-get-drunk-whilst-watching type of game. JUst a shame Nando didn't score, he did everything but in truth. Looked a Chelsea boy today.

Week of now which is great and roll on Man Utd next Tuesday (Where we do fucking Arsenal a mammoth favour...)

Chelsea deserved the win, no doubt about it, we (Copenhagen) played like shit, not sure how much of it was because we didn't have any competive matches in the legs but... it was bad and Grønkjær managed to look like a 62 year old mand and should have been subbed much earlier, only players doing well was N'Doye, Bolanos and Pospech (who is now suspended for the next match).

As a chelsea fan too I was very dissapointed with Torres though, his shots were without power and he didn't have a good attitude at all.

N'Doye is one of the biggest cheats i've ever seen, would suit Arsenal the way he goes down, i really had a feeling he'd get a penalty somewhere along the line but the ref stood firm, shoulda been booked at least tho.

I personally thought Torres was good today, another day on form he woulda had 3. He's waiting for C U Next Tuesday against Man Utd.

Edited by OllieCFC

As a chelsea fan too I was very dissapointed with Torres though, his shots were without power and he didn't have a good attitude at all.

Agreed that his shooting could have been better, it's like he's too hesitant to let it fly but what about his attitude? I was watching a stream so maybe my video wasn’t that great. He made some good runs, he beat a couple of defenders and generally looked up for it. The yellow card was a bit silly but I give him credit for recognizing that Copenhagen had a good break and he did his best defensive midfielder imitation. How many “9”s would you see doing that?