Why Chelsea can win the CL!

Guest justin_3d

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just say, it would be ridiculously harsh on us, if we see Arsenal with that fighting conspiracy we saw when they beat 2-1 against Barcelona, and we can't beat a team like Copenhagen! :mouthclosed:

Life will continue to be harsh on us unless Carlo changes things.

Guest justin_3d

Hope is the last thing you loose.

Until we get eliminated, we are still alive.

So Chelsea has every chance of turning this around like Arsenal did against Barcelona.

CL is special, where the players come alive.

I have no doubt in my mind that these players that are producing poorly will suddenly have a lift in play.

I hope you're right, I really do! Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves; there are already too many bruised egos!

Yeh thats whats grrr,we feel sorry for ourselves,rant and can do sod all

They may feel down but they get to go home with a wacking big wage in their pocket!

We all know what's gonna happen tho don't we. Either we'll try too hard and be shit or we'll get done by a ref who is unaware of the football rules. I'd love us to win this competition but i think we've blown our chances. Maybe knowing that we only have that left will work in our favour. 

We all know what's gonna happen tho don't we. Either we'll try too hard and be shit or we'll get done by a ref who is unaware of the football rules. I'd love us to win this competition but i think we've blown our chances. Maybe knowing that we only have that left will work in our favour. 

No doubt go out in a game involving some dodgy ref decisons ..becoming the norm for us really

We'll need a lot of luck, granted, but so has every team that's won the competition in the last seven-eight years.

Liverpool finished 5th when they won it, remember...

liverpool was a different case , they were a cup team which was designed to defend and scratch a goal from a counter attack , they were expected to have one or two scoring opportunities each match but they made the most of them ...

they used a different game and had a different style , they let the opposition have possession for most of the game and punish them on counters , same as Greece in euro 2004 or Italy in the world club ...

they struggled in the league because they drew too many matches against weaker teams who just park bus and don't attack them , then they weren't able to use their defend and punish on the counter strategy ..

anyway that was a special case that is not expected to be repeated every now and then , the winner of the ucl is usually one of the best teams in europe , inter was the most effective team last year , barca was superb the year before , man utd was arguably with chelsea the best teams in 2008 ...

you can't be playing like shit and expect the luck to be your friend !!!

our only hope is we get an easy draw in the quarter finals , and get the weakest team in the semi- finals and be at our best at the final with luck at our side . do you really believe that's gonna happen ??

our only hope is we get an easy draw in the quarter finals , and get the weakest team in the semi- finals and be at our best at the final with luck at our side . do you really believe that's gonna happen ??

I don't know what to believe.

I started the season believing we could actually repeat our Double from last season - and there wasn't much evidence that I would be wrong in that notion until November.

I had a genuine feeling we could win the European Cup as well. And now we've endured this torrid season by our own recent standards, I actually think this even more so. Whether this is me clinging on to the last possible microcosm of hope that UCL glory represents, I'm not sure. But I believe all right, and I won't stop believing until the day we're knocked out of the competition. Stranger things have happened.

I think we got chances of Winning CL, not huge ones but still we have it. When you watch carefully you could see that not many teams perform that well. Inter isn't as good as last year's Inter, Bayern is also struggling with injuries, Milan is just a bunch of grandpas and the rest are middle-class clubs. Of course I'm not counting Barcelona, Real, ManU, Tottenham and Arsenal, but they are not unbeatable.

I always have faith in our club, and even if we were losing 4:0 at 80th minute I wouldn't stop believing us to score. Who knows, football is strange sometimes.

I hope to God Arsenal knocks out Barca. We can beat Arsenal, Barca I doubt. So if Arsenal manages to knock them out, the CL would be much easier for us to win.

Exactly the luck Liverpool got in 2005 when we battered Barca at home

Guest justin_3d

Everything can chance.

Just like a few months we where champions elect by killing teams of, to be so bad.

Same thing can happen in CL, our fortunes can turn.

Guest justin_3d

Quote of the week by Jamie Redknapp:

and while FC Copenhagen is a slippery one for Chelsea, I have a funny feeling about them and the Champions League this year.

This is probably their worst season they've had for a good few years and they are not playing that well in the Premier League, but I would not put it past them to go all the way and win the Champions League, which, let's face it, is the one Roman Abramovich wants - and the one they bought Fernando Torres to try and win.

hehehe, Jamie and me think the same. biggrin.gif