Why Chelsea can win the CL!

Guest justin_3d

Guest justin_3d

Yes you are hearing it from me, I am that bullish on Chelsea in this competition.

Before you come and mention current form, let me remind you that last season our form was poor when we got eliminated by Inter, and quickly turn our form, and that momentum kept us going to the final.

CL is the same thing, where any little thing can happen and changed your bad run into a good run, and your good run into a bad run.

Let's not forget also, that the year when Liverpool won the CL, was when they where doing bad in the PL with an all powerful Mourinho Chelsea killing the league....yet ironically that same Chelsea of Mourinho could not beat Liverpool in Europe.

Playing in Europe is something else.

There is also the Torres factor to consider. Torres can be that player that takes Chelsea to next level. That is of course if Torres gets his mojo back and start firing on all cylinders at the CL.

And last, this CL can be of a great motivation to the squad and coach.

Why?

Because as of now Chelsea is pretty much done with the PL, so now they will ardently focus on the CL. Most players will kill themselves in this competition, as it might be the last one for them. The old guard of Chelsea does not have much left. For many like Drogba, Lampard, Anelka and Malouda might be the last chance to win that coveted CL. And for Carlo, this might lead him to a great motivational boost, as he had when he got eliminated by Inter to win a historic double with the highest record ever of goals scored in the PL.

All in all, if Chelsea hold their heads high, focus on the competition, have luck on their side, and start the momentum that they had at the beginning of the season, Chelsea will have truly a great chance to win this competition.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very optimistic about the Champions League actually. We have a highly experienced coach for this competiton, and the way to Wembley will be much easier for us if Arsenal manage to knock Barca out. Then, there would be no super-team in the competition and it would be a bit harder to say who the favourites are.

We're in bad form in the league at the minute, but with the squad we have, we'll always be top favourites.

And I agree on the Torres factor. He might not score in games against Fulham, but he's a big player and scores in a big moment, in big games. He's proven that more than once, and with him I'm quite confident. On paper we've got one of the easiest opponents, so going to the Quarter finals won't be too hard. If we beat Copenhagen, we might get a team like Shakhtar Donetsk in the quarter finals, then a top club in the Semi's maybe, and if we manage to beat that club, it's the final at our second home.

Though, big shame that David Luiz is cup tied.

Carlo was brought into win this. If we do not progress past Copenhagen, Carlo must be axed. There is no 2-ways about that.

He is the knock-out competition expert. He was brought in specifically for this cup. He must deliver this, so we (Abramovich) can move on with securing the club's future!

:goodpost:

CL is a special tournament and even if you are the best in domestic league (like Barca) you can have a bad game or 2 and you're out. But we need to have some good results and build confidence and that starts with the game against Copenhagen.

P.S.

I think Anelka has a CL trophy with Real Madrid but others like Lamps, Terry, Drogba, Cech, Essien would definately deserve it after all those unlucky games.

For what it's worth, if Chelsea make it to the finals my daughter and I are coming to London for a quick overseas trip. Even if we don't have tickets to the Final (unless I'm willing to sell a body part or two), we're going to experience CL something.

My daughter will be very excited because anything with an accent is cool and hot to her.

Part of me (the credit card part) is very scared Chelsea will make it to the finals.

For what it's worth, if Chelsea make it to the finals my daughter and I are coming to London for a quick overseas trip. Even if we don't have tickets to the Final (unless I'm willing to sell a body part or two), we're going to experience CL something.

My daughter will be very excited because anything with an accent is cool and hot to her.

Part of me (the credit card part) is very scared Chelsea will make it to the finals.

I'm sure you're a nice guy but I hope you have to max your credit card out.blue%20scalf.gif

i think chelsea can win the champions league because we have stuggled when teams play very defensive tactics against us with two banks of four and stopping us playing then catching us on the break, but in the champions league knock out rounds you have to be more adventurous and attack teams and i think this could play into chelsea's hands with torres and his excellent movement playing on the shoulder of the last defender and Drogba with his power and ariel threat i can see us going all the way this year.

I’m likening the optimism :) its already been said that we need some luck in this competition. but the question is would you sacrifice a CL win for a place in the top 4 next season ? because I’m not 100% that if you win the CL you get a golden ticket back in like Liverpool.

That being said if we beat Everton and Copenhagen we could start putting a bit of a run together. at the moment its all if's and but's but we have a good chance as said before especially Drogba really wants to win this competition.

You also need a strong decent ref over the 2 legs who will not be intimitated. In the later rounds games hinge of important decisions. We can all remember being robbed by the ref against Barca and if the ref would have given that blatant pen in the San Siro last year against Milan things could have been different.

You also need a strong decent ref over the 2 legs who will not be intimitated. In the later rounds games hinge of important decisions. We can all remember being robbed by the ref against Barca and if the ref would have given that blatant pen in the San Siro last year against Milan things could have been different.

Spot on. There are so many permutations, and to be honest I dont hold out much hope.

Drogba could be the key -he always raises his game for the CL -and if this is his swansong, as another thread suggests, it could just be this year.....