Why Chelsea can win the CL!

Guest justin_3d

Guest justin_3d

They deservedly won it, I agree with that. But I don't agree with that part that they were dominating force. They won Serie A just by 2 points. Average Roma were able to keep up with them in race for Scudetto.

I still remember their last game against Siena, which was awful. Inter had Siena on plate, they could have killed them like we did Wigan.

They played a good game against Barca at San Siro, but even though the score was 3-1 they weren't dominating Barca. That at Camp Nou was a complete catenaccio, they were lucky that Barca didn't score another one.

Bayern were pathetic, it was obvious from the start of the game that they didn't have any chance.

We won't know if Chelsea has chances in CL until we don't play those games.

Not to mention that Inter got lucky Ribery was not in the final.

Ribery and Robben turn the tide against United...who where doing good. It sucks he missed the final.

One thing i never liked about those rules. When you reach the final you should play with everything you have. Yellow carded, or Red carded should be lifted.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

I have to add, that if i am proven right with this analysis I will stop writing here, as there are so much unbelievers and glory hunters fan that is sickening!

Plus Inter really rode thier luck against Barca in the Nou camp remember when they had that late goal disallowed??. To win champs league the manager needs to get his tactics spot on over 2 legs and there is no better manager at doing that than Mourinho. The final is obviously a one off game so a number of factors come into play that determine the evenutual winners.

Guest justin_3d

Even Jamie thinks like me:

That said, I have said for the last couple of weeks that I have a feeling about them and the Champions League this year and that could yet be the story of their season. I just think they are a side that could go and win it.

I still think Barcelonaspacer.gif will edge past Arsenalspacer.gif in the second leg and if they do they will be the team to beat. But if there is one side that can do it, it is Chelsea. Try and pass your way past Barcelona and you usually end up getting beaten, but Chelsea have one thing that none of the other English sides have - power.

They came within 20 seconds of knocking Barca out two seasons ago and I really do think they can go one better this year, especially if Fernando Torresspacer.gif comes good - as I expect him to do.

^_^

Guest justin_3d

I have only one thing to say - because we deserve it!

Deserved is the worst thing to say.

If it was about deserved then Arsenal would have won so much more. Same as Barcelona. They deserved to win the CL last year and not Inter.

Deserved has nothing in the world of football.

I dont see the massive fear of getting Barcelona in the knockout rounds of the champions league.

I tell you now i would much rather get the Catalans than Real Madrid (infact Madrid are the only team im shit scared of Chelsea getting because of the Jose factor).

Barcelona HATE playing against phisical teams that get in their faces, we will do that and we proved at the Camp Nou in 2009 that they aint as hard to stop as some people like to think.

At the Bridge they will try and work their way through us which will give us space to exploit on the counter attack and lets be honest if it werent for that norweigen ref and Drogba's poor finishing we would have THRASHED Barcelona that night. Plus dont rule out the strong motivation Torres will have to do over basically the bulk of his international team mates, would he want to go to the next Spain match having to face up to most of the players that knocked him out of the Champions League? not a chance in hell.

All the players will be gagging to undo the injustice of 2 years back they will be fired up for this game like no other and i think we have a much stronger chance of doing the catalans over than the guys in Madrid.

Barca are without question an amazing team but un-beatable ? dont make me laugh

Simple answear: because they are the fucking best team in the world. Yeah, the bald guy made a lot of mistakes that night, but the fact is that they were playing with 10 men, and we were playing a defensive football, it was like the spanish side had 11 players and we 9. And in 2009 we just proved that stopping them is really dificult, since we played like a small club, defending 100% of the time, and begging for the match to end with a 0-0 draw.

We played really well against them back in 2005 in Stamford Bridge and got that awesome victory: 4-2; and again in 2006 we won in Stamford Bridge, with a Drogba´s goal: 1-0, and got a draw at Camp Nou: 2-2. But we were by far better than we are right now, and Barcelona is now better than they were.

Your points made the spanish team look like an overrated side. They are not, and are way better than us right now. Even tough, I do believe we a have a chance if we face them, but I rather see Arsenal doing the job.

Real Madrid was trashed by the catalans. Im not scared of getting them.

Simple answear: because they are the fucking best team in the world. Yeah, the bald guy made a lot of mistakes that night, but the fact is that they were playing with 10 men, and we were playing a defensive football, it was like the spanish side had 11 players and we 9. And in 2009 we just proved that stopping them is really dificult, since we played like a small club, defending 100% of the time, and begging for the match to end with a 0-0 draw.

We played really well against them back in 2005 in Stamford Bridge and got that awesome victory: 4-2; and again in 2006 we won in Stamford Bridge, with a Drogba´s goal: 1-0, and got a draw at Camp Nou: 2-2. But we were by far better than we are right now, and Barcelona is now better than they were.

Your points made the spanish team look like an overrated side. They are not, and are way better than us right now. Even tough, I do believe we a have a chance if we face them, but I rather see Arsenal doing the job.

Im well aware of all of that but we are the best equiped to beat them than anyone.

It will be tough and they are the best team in the world but i would much rather get them than Madrid, because Jose knows exacly how our players tick and he will most likely frustrate us AGAIN.

Are we better than Barcelona? no

Do we have the strengh and the character to beat them? absolutely

Simple. Because we're shit right now and they're top of the food chain. If we do get them, I'd rate our chances at 20 : 80.

emo3.gif

Guest justin_3d

Ranieri convinced Chelsea can win Champions League

Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri believes his old club can win the Champions League.

Ranieri says Fernando Torres can make the difference.

He told talkSPORT: "I'm not surprised [Chelsea have struggled this season] because football is not science, you can do well and you can do not so well. But I think Chelsea can win the Champions League because it is a strong team with fantastic players.

"Maybe Torres is not at the highest level at the moment, and the same with Drogba, but I think they can only get better."

---------

Every one is getting on the Justin wagon! :D

Guest justin_3d

We seem to have made that a habit over the last few years.

I think the problem has been instability.

We have had so many new coaches when we are in the CL. That hurts the team.

It is why it's good that Carlo is still with the team as the team will be more experienced then last year with the same coach.