Why Chelsea can win the CL!

Guest justin_3d

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Jamie Redknapp vouching for Chelsea? Say it isn't so :fainthv9:

It's cause he is feeling the same thing I am.

This is a funny season, and would be even a funnier season if this Chelsea ends up winning the CL.

That is why we are warning you ahead of time, so if something like this happens you won't be surprised. :)

Let's get Copenhagen out the way first,and assuming we get through,we just have to hope the draw is kind to us-ie:being drawn away in the 1st leg is always appreciated.

The champions league could well be a welcome distraction for us as we know that's all we have to play for.

Ideal senario would be for us to win the CL,finish 5th in the Prem,and the Yids finish 4th,that would deny them a champions league place next season.

In Hannibal Smith's words-"i love it when a plan comes together"!!.

:champions: I like the cut of your jib, sir

I done a bit of research G,and that's what would happen.The 4th place team would miss out on a champions league place if the 5th place team won it,as the holders have to defend their trophy.

This ruling would apply in any other nation as well.UEFA made this ruling in 2005 after the same happened to Liverpool.

Only snag is we would have to start our qualifying campaign in June/July,but with no major International tournament this year it wouldn't be too much of a hurdle!.

I done a bit of research G,and that's what would happen.The 4th place team would miss out on a champions league place if the 5th place team won it,as the holders have to defend their trophy.

This ruling would apply in any other nation as well.UEFA made this ruling in 2005 after the same happened to Liverpool.

Only snag is we would have to start our qualifying campaign in June/July,but with no major International tournament this year it wouldn't be too much of a hurdle!.

Nice bit of research there . :yes: Big ask, but fucken top banana if it happened, the yids would be incandescent :eyebrows:

Guest justin_3d

Good article about Carlo win in 2007 and in comparison to todays:

Will it be 2007 all over again for Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti? How AC Milan won the Champions League but flopped in Serie A

Boss prioritised European glory over domestic stability four seasons ago

Read more:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2011/02/22/2363547/2007-all-over-again-for-chelseas-carlo-ancelotti-how-ac

Reasons we are not likely to win the CL:

1. Most of our players are well out of form

2. We have lost the ability to score a goal.

3. We are too easy for teams to set up against us and frustrate us

4. We have no creative spark

5. EVERY team is making life incredibly hard for us.

6. Would you fancy us at the moment in a 2 legged game against Barca, Real, Inter, Bayern ect?

Guest justin_3d

Reasons we are not likely to win the CL:

1. Most of our players are well out of form

2. We have lost the ability to score a goal.

3. We are too easy for teams to set up against us and frustrate us

4. We have no creative spark

5. EVERY team is making life incredibly hard for us.

6. Would you fancy us at the moment in a 2 legged game against Barca, Real, Inter, Bayern ect?

The same thing can be said about the Milan of Carlo in 2007 and they still won the CL.

Europe and local league are two different things.

The same thing can be said about the Milan of Carlo in 2007 and they still won the CL.

That happens rarely. Remember that last year Inter were the best when they won it, Barca were the best in 2009, Man U were the best in 2008, same with Barca in 2006 again. Other clubs have to be scared from you in order to win it. Our players are not confident at all and haven't been performing well.

I'll be fair, it's a good article. Similarities can be shown, for example, the purchase of Ronaldo helped them a lot on the road to the final. Similarly we've bought Torres in the hope he can do the same for us, David Luiz could've been included if eligible.

Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

When you are as out of form as we are then it makes no difference, Copenhagen will have seen our recent games and will know all too well how to set up to frustrate us.

That happens rarely. Remember that last year Inter were the best when they won it, Barca were the best in 2009, Man U were the best in 2008, same with Barca in 2006 again. Other clubs have to be scared from you in order to win it. Our players are not confident at all and haven't been performing well.

Inter definitely weren't the best team.

OT: We will have to play West Brom, West Ham, Birmingham, Stoke in April. So we could find our form and confidence against those teams.

Of course they were. They knocked out the Champions of England, Spain and Germany.

They deservedly won it, I agree with that. But I don't agree with that part that they were dominating force. They won Serie A just by 2 points. Average Roma were able to keep up with them in race for Scudetto.

I still remember their last game against Siena, which was awful. Inter had Siena on plate, they could have killed them like we did Wigan.

They played a good game against Barca at San Siro, but even though the score was 3-1 they weren't dominating Barca. That at Camp Nou was a complete catenaccio, they were lucky that Barca didn't score another one.

Bayern were pathetic, it was obvious from the start of the game that they didn't have any chance.

We won't know if Chelsea has chances in CL until we don't play those games.