McEachran

Tomo

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should McEachran start more for Chelsea?

• yes defiently
    • yes but not evrey game
    • no leave him a bit he is developing just nicely
    • no he is nowhere near ready yet

He showed today that he still needs some time.

England Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce believes that in Josh McEachran England have a talent to rival that of Jack Wilshere.

"Chelsea think extremely highly of him and you can see why. He's got the ability and the vision that you know, if players run off of him, he's got the ability to find them with passes. All of our cutting passes probably came from him. (Henri) Lansbury has got the benefit of that insight to play those passes but I think, in Josh, he's got a really outstanding talent, similar to Wilshere, and it bodes well for us.''

Pearce hinted McEachran may well have played himself into the Under-21s for the foreseeable future, adding: "He's come in and played outstandingly well, so if I feel as though, if he is going to start for me, then he will be in the Under-21 squad from now on. If I feel as though he is going to come in and be a squad player, then there's no need and he will stay with the Under-19s and play football. If he carries on playing like that then it won't be long before he's permanently in the Under-21s side.

We talk about the lack of talent in England at times, but when you look at the talent of McEachran and Wilshere then I apply one of Sir Trevor (Brooking's) famous old sayings: 'If they were wearing Spanish shirts, you would revere them'.

I sincerely hope Carlo know of this. Josh is already being likened to Wilshere (a regular at Arsenal). The boy deserves a Premier League start now!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope Carlo know of this. Josh is already being likened to Wilshere (a regular at Arsenal). The boy deserves a Premier League start now!

No,Carlo's probably already spoken with pirlo for next season. I just can't trust him with youth. I'm hoping that the new manager in the summer gives Josh a chance next season.

I'm sorry but I have no faith what so ever atm in Carlo giving him time on the pitch.

He played ok, but there were times when he was coping. When they were closing him and he wasn't able to find space for himself.

Definitly. Step by step.

But if you watched the game carefully Italian players were older and ...

Nah didn't have the chance unfortunately. I'm just glad Pierce recognised his potential and real skill level, Josh will definitely get a boost from knowing there's one manager willing to start him regularly

Nah didn't have the chance unfortunately. I'm just glad Pierce recognised his potential and real skill level, Josh will definitely get a boost from knowing there's one manager willing to start him regularly

I recognise it too. :D

btw Cork looked ok as CB, even if it is not his natural position.

Maybe its time to give the young enthusiastic guys the chance in midfield and bench those that have won it all and have gotten lazy---essien,mikel, malouda, and poss lamps---------get back cork, and play josh , ramires, conor clifford maybe------guys with alot to play for and desire to win, know each other well from the youth setup--------------would be an interesting team

cech

bran,luiz,Jt,Ash

ramires

cork, clifford

josh

torres...anelka/kalou

pity the carling cup is over!!!!!!

Maybe its time to give the young enthusiastic guys the chance in midfield and bench those that have won it all and have gotten lazy---essien,mikel, malouda, and poss lamps---------get back cork, and play josh , ramires, conor clifford maybe------guys with alot to play for and desire to win, know each other well from the youth setup--------------would be an interesting team

cech

bran,luiz,Jt,Ash

ramires

cork, clifford

josh

torres...anelka/kalou

pity the carling cup is over!!!!!!

Sorry but that is laughable.

I agree with playing some youth but you need the experience there too. lampard is perfect to learn off of for Josh. Josh would be the only youngester I would like to see in most games if i am honest

Forget Jack Wilshere, Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran is the real future of England, claims Marc Albrighton

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355295/Forget-Jack-Wilshere-Chelsea-midfielder-Josh-McEachran-real-future-England-claims-Marc-Albrighton.html#ixzz1DXLGVAsY