McEachran

Tomo

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should McEachran start more for Chelsea?

• yes defiently
    • yes but not evrey game
    • no leave him a bit he is developing just nicely
    • no he is nowhere near ready yet

:lol: I love how the Daily Mail have put such a negative spin on this for Wilshere. They've already started the "Wilshere OR McEachran" rivalry!

Why can't the 4 J's play together?

Jack Rodwell

Jordan Henderson - Josh McEachran

Jack Wilshere

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this is my solution to getting a more game time for josh:!

Some of the English blokes on the forums that go watch Chelsea Play live Create a Poster saying somthing along the lines " Give Mceachran A game Carlo!!"

Yeah ok.I'll do that for you on Monday night!

From twitter @chelseayouth.

Here's an interesting note, Josh McEachran turns 18 in a coupla weeks, he's made 14 appearances to date (3 starts, 11 sub appearances).

Jack Wilshere had made 14 appearances before his 18th birthday as well, 6 starts, 8 sub appearances. Neither had a PL start by 18.

Not that you should read much into it, but Wilshere had just 2 PL sub appearances, which is fewer than Josh. So Josh is getting a decent go.

We've seen what patience with Wilshere's development has done, he's immense. Worth taking into account when considering JM's game time.

"Josh shouldn't be compared to Wilshere just yet,"

"He has two years' less experience and we will use this year to help him arrive at that level because Wilshere is a very good player. He is very young and the fans need to be patient.

"He is showing good personality but he needs to improve and needs to train. He is doing well this season and we are using him at the right time."

I actually agree with Ancelotti; whilst I want to see him play more often, he needs to be given games sporadically to ensure his breakthrough doesn't backfire, so to speak. We all saw what happened to great talent... it became Theo Walcott...

The thing with Josh is that whilst we don't want to put too much pressure on him and play him loads in the first team it is also meaning he is getting little game time which is not helpful at all. He missed the Villa reserves game to be with the first team squad but didn't get on. It is a very difficult situation for him.

However given the poor form of our midfield better to give Josh more chances i feel than rely on underperforming players.

I remember after the Ipswich game Carlo said Josh had surprised him due to his strength in the tackle and he is now ready to start a PL game. Since then I not sure if he has even been on the pitch in the PL. Sure we don't want to rush him but at the same time if managers and players are raving about his ability then he should be playing when things are not going well (the Liverpool game was crying out for a bit of creativity).

Re: Carlo's comments Wilshere had a season on loan before playing regularly for Arsenal are we gonna do the same next year with Josh??

The thing with Josh is that whilst we don't want to put too much pressure on him and play him loads in the first team it is also meaning he is getting little game time which is not helpful at all. He missed the Villa reserves game to be with the first team squad but didn't get on. It is a very difficult situation for him.

However given the poor form of our midfield better to give Josh more chances i feel than rely on underperforming players.

NattyBlue was clearly being sarcastic...

McEachran certainly needs to follow in the path of Kakuta and Sturridge and secure a loan to another EPL next season. I'm not saying he will start every match - he might only start a dozen - but that is better for his development than sitting on those uncomfortable seats in the dug-out at Stamford Bridge.