McEachran

Tomo

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should McEachran start more for Chelsea?

• yes defiently
    • yes but not evrey game
    • no leave him a bit he is developing just nicely
    • no he is nowhere near ready yet

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I've had my reality check regarding this club and youth development, think some need theirs.

I think the question is do You think he should get a chance?

If the question was will Carlo give him a chance? Then my answer would be not a cat in hells chance.

I told you, you guys made some good points :lol: (when not spammed with :goodpost: or :worship: ) haha

Thanks. :goodpost: I can't help the :worship: :worship: when I see so many others do it.

It's good to see you're seeing sense. A couple more losses and I think you'll be calling for Carlo's head on a plate.:)

Eldo has a valid point. As much as you all, I'd like to see Josh do great things for the club, but everything must come gradually, he must earn a spot not just storm in as a boy wonder. He is 17 and not the bulkiest, and strength is something you need in EPL. As fragile as our state is atm, we better not start experimenting with youngsters. At the moment, im more than sure that experienced players will come more handy. I agree on Josh having a great technique and all that but let's say he makes a big mistake that costs us the game, he will be shattered - physically and mentally , grats thats one less potential star for Chelsea.

I think for this season getting runouts and living into the first team squad will do, perhaps give just a bit more playing time , but other than that i think he is coming along just great. The next season is another story and im sure he will get more regular playing time. Just be patient, because in the end of the day - less is more. KTBFFH

I disagree. The Premier League isn't all about who can push who around, and frankly, there are thinner players than Josh who don't get pushed and pulled around in this league. In fairness, he's had his fair share of physical tussles and he has used his guile and skill to his benefit. Makelele was never the strongest, and he, in my view, is the greatest midfielder to wear the Chelsea shirt in my lifetime.

I disagree. The Premier League isn't all about who can push who around, and frankly, there are thinner players than Josh who don't get pushed and pulled around in this league. In fairness, he's had his fair share of physical tussles and he has used his guile and skill to his benefit. Makelele was never the strongest, and he, in my view, is the greatest midfielder to wear the Chelsea shirt in my lifetime.

So true. IMO the defining factor of this league is the pace of the game and the pressure you're under from the other team (example, I was watching the Barca game the other night, and the time they were allowed on the ball was incredible.) As i said previously, Josh seems to have the unique ability to create some space for himself when under pressure, Carlo seems to have noticed that and this is why he tends to drop back to holding midfielder as he can spot a pass, switch the play and create space. He looks like he can handle himself in a challenge, maybe he's been taking lessons from Ramires? laugh.gif

I don't see why not he can't play an hour against weak sided teams like Wigan if players with experience like Lampard are also in the team. I am not syaing play him eveytime, just the teams that are in the worse positions in the table.

for me its a yes he should get more time

so hes not that big? but he is so smart and knows how to avoid unnecessary challenges and how to get away from them. he can get stuck in some also. IMO if your good enough your old enough.

and his attitude and composure shows he can take some criticism if it comes.

not saying he should start every game but atleast get some more time. we need someone who can control the ball and get it forward and he seems like he can. lastly i think carlo is putting him in the right position as a deep playmaker. if he can mould him there he could be amazing at that position

Surely not. Premier league is one of 'dirtiest' leagues. Players are being pushed and tackled hard.

In Spain you don't see that.

Josh has fantastic abilities. But he needs to mature and to work more before he takes mutch important role in our team.

Im very excited about seeing more of Josh, he is an excellent prospect for us, his vision, reading of the game, first touch and passing is excellent.

I do believe Carlo's handling of him is spot on, Josh will be learning every day on the training pitch, and his 20 mins here, 30 mins there are giving him valuable experience.

Personally I'd like to see him start a game or two before the end of the season, he is an exciting player to watch, his movement is excellent.

Next season will be where he is challenging for a place in the first team, either that or go out on loan to a mid table team.

Either way, we have a gem on our hands.

Surely not. Premier league is one of 'dirtiest' leagues. Players are being pushed and tackled hard.

In Spain you don't see that.

Josh has fantastic abilities. But he needs to mature and to work more before he takes mutch important role in our team.

No that's just Wenger's version of the Premier League ;)

But that still a pointless argument, we know Josh is more than capable of handling himself out there, he's done it against bigger defenders than him and still come away with the ball. This kid took on Chris Samba :lol:

No that's just Wenger's version of the Premier League ;)

But that still a pointless argument, we know Josh is more than capable of handling himself out there, he's done it against bigger defenders than him and still come away with the ball. This kid took on Chris Samba :lol:

Hahah. :D

Last thing Chelsea need to do is rush young players into the first team, In my opinion he is far too young to be starting regularly for us...maybe calring cup games or whatever but giving him the last 20mins every few games is the best way to do it I think.

Last thing Chelsea need to do is rush young players into the first team, In my opinion he is far too young to be starting regularly for us...maybe calring cup games or whatever but giving him the last 20mins every few games is the best way to do it I think.

But why is it referred to as "rushing" if we're running out of ideas in the creative department and we look to someone with a different take to the game for inspiration? No-one's saying he should be a full-time starter, but we're saying perhaps and few starts to let him shine would help. I don't buy the myth anymore that he's too young, after all, it is about quality not quantity (age in this case). There are plenty of players who started their careers at young ages like this, look at Wilshere, Rodwell, Welbeck or even Lampard (who became a regular at 19 for West Ham United).

McEachra has shown the skill and quality of someone twice his age, so why not give him the chance to show this on a longer basis. Whatever we're doing now is not working effectively and as mentioned having a thin squad doesn't help. So this urban legend we were going to use the youth might as well come into play now.

Arnesen on McEachran. (Sorry if this has already been posted)

"I've watched Josh since he was 12, when I came here. I've followed him and saw then he was a big, big talent. But you never know how far it goes...how will a player cope when he gets up to the youth team?" "He did some very good things on tour in pre-season and maybe in half a year we will have to consider him going on loan, probably a little bit sooner to a Premier League club than Sturridge or Kakuta."

http://www.skysports...6737208,00.html