Chelsea 1-1 Everton

BlueLion.

I take it Luiz can't play because he wasn't part of the team when we first played them at Goodison park?

Yes.

Our January new boys, Fernando Torres and David Luiz have a weekend off. Torres is cup-tied, having played in Liverpool's 0-1 defeat by Manchester United, but available in the Champions League — a competition the Scousers did not qualify for. David Luíz, arriving from Benfica, is also not available having been signed after the original tie.

If we get through he can play vs Reading.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence is moreorless nailed on to be Ferreira - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole, since there is no Bosingwa and Luiz is ineligible. I hope to see a Lampard-McEachran-Mikel midfield (giving Essien and Ramires a rest before Tuesday), but this is largely wishful thinking.

Okay, allow me to clear things up.

Prior to each round of FA Cup matches, teams must register their squad for selection. This prevents ineligible loan players, for instance, from playing in matches. The registered list of players can only be changed to accommodate emergency loan players - meaning that Luiz cannot play until the fifth round game, for which he can be registered.