Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really commented in this topic, because up till now, I've found it completely pointless and irrelevant.

The fact that we are discussing a managers future who has been here two years and won three trophies is laughable. It also shows just how far this club have come since 2003. Lets be honest, the guys on here who have supported the club since that day could only have dreamt of winning those three trophies in these eight years, let alone two. Carlo achieved the unreal last year. He achieved and rewrote our history. If that doesn't deserve a 'second chance', what does? How many 'second chances' will you give to Guus Hiddink, Jose Mourinho or Andre Villas-Boas? 'Cos, they'd all need two or three. Just how many managers will we go through in the next ten years if we sack the ones who go a year without a trophy?

To the doubters, yes Carlo has his negatives. He isn't perfect and he HAS to learn from his mistakes. But, we can't win the title every season, we can't go to Wembley every May, and we can't score 100+ goals every year. Look at Inter this year, look at Arsenal after their 'invincible' team collapsed, look at Liverpool for god knows how many years now. Success will come and go. The quality of this league is to high to remain constantly at the top. And when we lose it we have to be even more determined to get it back. As fans, as players, as a club.

This isn't a case of Avram Grant, having not won anything. Carlo is a proven manager with a track record of success. He has a fantastic relationship with the players and the majority of fans. And unlike Grant, doesn't rely on his captain or assistants to motivate his squad.

All that said, I think the silence from the club says a lot. There's been no statements from Gourlay or from Buck confirming the clubs position. A statement that, at times this season would have perhaps given us the stability we've craved. I wouldn't be at all surprised for this club to be manager-less (again) in a fortnights time.

I haven't really commented in this topic, because up till now, I've found it completely pointless and irrelevant.

The fact that we are discussing a managers future who has been here two years and won three trophies is laughable. It also shows just how far this club have come since 2003. Lets be honest, the guys on here who have supported the club since that day could only have dreamt of winning those three trophies in these eight years, let alone two. Carlo achieved the unreal last year. He achieved and rewrote our history. If that doesn't deserve a 'second chance', what does? How many 'second chances' will you give to Guus Hiddink, Jose Mourinho or Andre Villas-Boas? 'Cos, they'd all need two or three. Just how many managers will we go through in the next ten years if we sack the ones who go a year without a trophy?

To the doubters, yes Carlo has his negatives. He isn't perfect and he HAS to learn from his mistakes. But, we can't win the title every season, we can't go to Wembley every May, and we can't score 100+ goals every year. Look at Inter this year, look at Arsenal after their 'invincible' team collapsed, look at Liverpool for god knows how many years now. Success will come and go. The quality of this league is to high to remain constantly at the top. And when we lose it we have to be even more determined to get it back. As fans, as players, as a club.

This isn't a case of Avram Grant, having not won anything. Carlo is a proven manager with a track record of success. He has a fantastic relationship with the players and the majority of fans. And unlike Grant, doesn't rely on his captain or assistants to motivate his squad.

All that said, I think the silence from the club says a lot. There's been no statements from Gourlay or from Buck confirming the clubs position. A statement that, at times this season would have perhaps given us the stability we've craved. I wouldn't be at all surprised for this club to be manager-less (again) in a fortnights time.

Feelings are mutual. The fact that the club is even thinking of getting rid of Carlo after the double last season shows what a bunch of jokers we have in Gourlay and Buck. Atleast Kenyon was better off as he tried to convince Roman not to fire Mou, that explains why Mou was gone while kenyon was Holidaying. Gourlay on the other hand just takes orders from Roman and executes it. He is a spineless chairman who collects a fat pay check for obeying his master.

If Buck and Gourlay had an iota of sense they would have tried to convince Roman to continue with Carlo. But the fact that they are reviewing his his stint on monday and have still not confirmed that our Manager is safe proves what I think of them. To manage or play in such uncertainty is tough on our players and specially the manager and I hope the Board realizes this.

Feelings are mutual. The fact that the club is even thinking of getting rid of Carlo after the double last season shows what a bunch of jokers we have in Gourlay and Buck. Atleast Kenyon was better off as he tried to convince Roman not to fire Mou, that explains why Mou was gone while kenyon was Holidaying. Gourlay on the other hand just takes orders from Roman and executes it. He is a spineless chairman who collects a fat pay check for obeying his master.

If Buck and Gourlay had an iota of sense they would have tried to convince Roman to continue with Carlo. But the fact that they are reviewing his his stint on monday and have still not confirmed that our Manager is safe proves what I think of them. To manage or play in such uncertainty is tough on our players and specially the manager and I hope the Board realizes this.

1. Gourlay isn't the chairman. He is the chief executive. He has a voice, but ultimately does what Buck and Roman tell him too. Theres nothing wrong with that.

2. Kenyon wanted to keep Mourinho. But he also wanted to keep Scolari. :lol: Says alot.

3. We don't know that Buck and Gourlay haven't convinced Roman. For all we know, Roman may have no intention what so ever of sacking Carlo. Everyone at the club may know the situation, it may have been sorted weeks ago.

Excellent post, and absolutely agreed on all accounts. And I also agree with you when you say you wouldn't be surprised if we ended up sacking Ancelotti, or he left through 'mutual consent.' Fact of the matter is, as you say, Ancelotti's done a lot for the club and deserves at least to see out the third year of his contract.

I dont like when a manager go to press and say the squad is weak and need players, but to other hand when a manager keep saying that the squad is "really good" when everybody knows its not, it really pisses me off, and also it goes against Carlos' lovers, who say the the squad is not good enough...if even himself is saying that the squad is good, so the current form is unacceptable.

Carlo dont have the balls to play young players and dont have the balls to build a new team, if the board let him buy who he wants he would try Kaká for 30m, and one or two "experienced" players. I do hope tomorrow is his last game at the Bridge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MNSOSkct

But the squad is really good, many star players, we only need a few quality creative players and we are set, no need for an overhaul. In that sense Carlo is spot on with 'Carlo lovers'. In my opinion ' Carlo haters' just try to grab onto anything to mock him..

Well I always said you don't know your stuff.

You must be on about a different carlo.

Who's promoted more than none? well let me see............

Thing is, he has. McEachran, Hutchinson, the Reserve lads ect.

If he does end up losing his job, it will be his fault for keeping faith with the likes of Malouda and Kalou as our wingers and not getting a creative midfielder when Benayoun got injured.

The inconsistent wingers have been the reason why we can only get a crappy 70 odd points this season and it carlo's fault for actually thinking they're good enough.

BUT i do want Carlo to have 1 more season

Edited by OllieCFC

we only need a few quality creative players and we are set, no need for an overhaul.

How many? will Carlo be willing to play them ahead of malouda anelka kalou and lampard? if we bring in 2 wingers and one attacking playmaker in our first XI ( which I think is necessary) I think it is an overhaul in our 4-3-3 system. Can he handle with such major changes?

He said that at the end of April :

'I don't think the squad was good enough this year. At the start of the season, we couldn't have envisaged having very important players out at the same time. We struggled to manage this.

'Without Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, John Terry and Alex it was very difficult. At one point, we needed to put Paulo Ferreira in at centre back because we had lost all our other centre backs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MPuLWePC

I believe what he says is just to ain't be bothered by the journalists...

1. Gourlay isn't the chairman. He is the chief executive. He has a voice, but ultimately does what Buck and Roman tell him too. Theres nothing wrong with that.

2. Kenyon wanted to keep Mourinho. But he also wanted to keep Scolari. :lol: Says alot.

3. We don't know that Buck and Gourlay haven't convinced Roman. For all we know, Roman may have no intention what so ever of sacking Carlo. Everyone at the club may know the situation, it may have been sorted weeks ago.

1. My Bad. I meant Chief Exec.He has Voice, but it seems it is only towards managers and players. A Chief Exec has to run a club and take it to the next level and not just be a messenger.

2. The point is Kenyon had sense in seeing that continuity was important and he tried to convince Roman with sticking to his managers. Gourlay on the other hand seems spineless. Fired Ray Wilkins for what? and now Carlo's future is in balance

3. We dont know anything. Our job is speculating. If it was sorted weeks ago why Ancelotti had to point that he had a meeting with Gourlay to review his stint? Even Gourlay mentioned he will review manager's position at the end of season. Which is a shame considering the situation the squad was in after he won the double in first season.

How many? will Carlo be willing to play them ahead of malouda anelka kalou and lampard? if we bring in 2 wingers and one attacking playmaker in our first XI ( which I think is necessary) I think it is an overhaul in our 4-3-3 system. Can he handle with such major changes?

Can't be much worse than now. We need to sell Malouda, Anelka perhaps even Drogba so we can bring in talented players, will ease pressure on new comers, make players want to come here (because they'd know that they won't get to play if old guys are still here)

This club needs stability - as much as most of you probably hate to hear that (read that, whatever!) - and we need a manager to stick around enough to actually have the time to make their mark on the squad, the only person who had time to do that was Mourinho, and now we are relying on them as they brighter days are starting to fade away. We have brought in a striker for future seasons, an brilliant striker to play along side him but we lack of the support for either of them. We have to clear out the dead weight, make a new start in our style or strengthen the one which we have had success with and make the youth do the same style.

Carlo used Josh today, and he was working well. As the team tried to battle tooth and nail for the ball as Newcastle throttled forward, his inexperience was shown and they were using that against him. He was played in the holding role, which looks set to be his role in the squad and he was good and composed as usual. But, it was the players around them.

15 minutes from Drogba made some kind of inspiration but that was it. Today, it was clearly shown that it isn't Carlo but the players that need to wake up and see what they have burnt. They messed up went in mattered, and they picked up the pieces only to drop them again. We need to influence the side into the winning mentality, and that means we might need to transplant some organs in order for the body of Chelsea to move on with eagerness and with a fresh taste for glory!

We will sign some players this summer.

Yes. He put Ferreira on the bench over McEachran

What are you talking about? Ferreira is a full back, while Josh is a midfielder.