Torres wont celebrate or kiss Chelsea badge

Wilson

So, who cares? The main thing is that he's thinking about scoring against them.

If they give him so much abuse, which we all know they will, he will celebrate no doubt. Tomorrows abuse will probably out weigh anything i've seen, except Figo's when he went back to the nou camp for real madrid.

When he played at Real Madrid with LFC a few years ago, the RM fans were yelling "Torres es puta" the entire time until he scored. Then he showed them the back of his jersey and they shut up. The abuse he received in that game was crazy until RM got thumped. He's a big game player, that's why he always scored against Chelsea. :whistling:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tricky situation for him. In a way he wants to show respect to Liverpool but the same time wants to show Chelsea that he's with them in heart and mind. No need to celebrate if he doesn't want to as long as he plays with passion and we can see he wants to play against any opponent, be it Liverpool, Manchester United or even Schalke.

Not in heart. In same interview he said he is an Atletico de Madrid supporter. He never loved Liverpool, and never will love Chelsea. If he is to kiss a badge it will be Atleticos badge. "the romance in football has gone. It's a different thing now. People are coming and leaving."

So, I think that who always come with the stupid "glory hunter" thing, or that want Drogba to stay only because he is a legend, wont fall in love with the spanish.

When he played at Real Madrid with LFC a few years ago, the RM fans were yelling "Torres es puta" the entire time until he scored. Then he showed them the back of his jersey and they shut up. The abuse he received in that game was crazy until RM got thumped. He's a big game player, that's why he always scored against Chelsea. :whistling:

Actually that game was at Anfield but yeah he was getting abuse from the RM fans. Apparently hijo de puta is their favorite chant against him. My favorite game of his for all the reasons you listed. If he plays like that tomorrow, Chelsea will win. Most amazing thing about that game was he wasn't even sure to start because of an ankle injury. He played with a pain injection and afterwards he was doing interviews with an ankle brace on.

Politically, he, perhaps should not have said the things he did during yesterday's press conference. But that's Torres for you. He has his idiosyncrasies and contradictions and you'll know all about them soon. What came out yesterday is that for that baby face and El Nino nickname, he can be brutally frank and pragmatic. I think English being his second language, he sometimes doesn't quite convey what he means 100% with all the nuances needed. I do give him credit because he doesn't duck the questions and he actually gives thoughtful answers. Yesterday though, he should have been a bit savvier because his comments could only have made things worse for him amongst the Liverpool fans, even if he was being honest.

It is a tricky situation for him. In a way he wants to show respect to Liverpool but the same time wants to show Chelsea that he's with them in heart and mind. No need to celebrate if he doesn't want to as long as he plays with passion and we can see he wants to play against any opponent, be it Liverpool, Manchester United or even Schalke.

sry tht m goin off-topic.............but mate is it possible for u to make a wallpaper of your sig in the resolution of 1920*1280......if its possible den pls try to make it for me.......

I doubt he will score sunday. The pressure and hype will be too much, and the scumpool players will be up for it.

You stole a sig I created, congrats. :rolleyes:

Actually that game was at Anfield but yeah he was getting abuse from the RM fans. Apparently hijo de puta is their favorite chant against him. My favorite game of his for all the reasons you listed. If he plays like that tomorrow, Chelsea will win. Most amazing thing about that game was he wasn't even sure to start because of an ankle injury. He played with a pain injection and afterwards he was doing interviews with an ankle brace on.

Politically, he, perhaps should not have said the things he did during yesterday's press conference. But that's Torres for you. He has his idiosyncrasies and contradictions and you'll know all about them soon. What came out yesterday is that for that baby face and El Nino nickname, he can be brutally frank and pragmatic. I think English being his second language, he sometimes doesn't quite convey what he means 100% with all the nuances needed. I do give him credit because he doesn't duck the questions and he actually gives thoughtful answers. Yesterday though, he should have been a bit savvier because his comments could only have made things worse for him amongst the Liverpool fans, even if he was being honest.

My apologies, you're correct. I remember that game and my daughter asking "are they saying what I think they're saying to Torres". The look on his face to that section of fans after he scored - priceless.

Torres doesn't do a lot of interviews, this will probably be the most we hear out of him for months at a time. I personally have no problem with his comments and appreciated the candor. He said what most of us realize is true. The journos should appreciate his frank talk instead of the usual blah blah blah. Gave them even more to write about.

When you spend hundreds of millions of $ it's not about romance. Again, you're correct, the Liverpool fans have taken it and run with it. They have forgotten everything he ever did at the club and only focused on the departure. The cycle of football.

Funny about the romance comment. I think Torres himself lost a lot of his romance with football because of Hicks and Gillette. He was one of the few LFC players to speak out publicly saying they needed new owners. He stayed to help the club sell and without the sale LFC could have faced administration. He was as loyal as he probably thinks he could have been after 3.5 years of promises unkept.

Translate please what is 'Torres es puta'?

When you spend hundreds of millions of $ it's not about romance. Again, you're correct, the Liverpool fans have taken it and run with it. They have forgotten everything he ever did at the club and only focused on the departure. The cycle of football.

Funny about the romance comment. I think Torres himself lost a lot of his romance with football because of Hicks and Gillette. He was one of the few LFC players to speak out publicly saying they needed new owners. He stayed to help the club sell and without the sale LFC could have faced administration. He was as loyal as he probably thinks he could have been after 3.5 years of promises unkept.

I think his departure from Atletico signaled the end of innocence for him (sorry, cliche, I know), then the rapid decline of Liverpool and the transfer debacle are the final two nails in the coffin of romance for him. He's been adored by fans for nearly 10 years now and it's gotten him no where when it comes to winning. He just wants to play good football and win. I don't think that's a bad thing for Chelsea.

I laugh when I read some Liverpool postings about how he never be loved like they loved him. First, he may actually be relieved. The hero worship at Anfield must have been a gilded cage and a burden towards the end. Second, they loved and still love him at Atletico and expect his return. But that tidbit doesn't jibe well with the narrative that Liverpool have the best fans in the world and their love somehow is worth so much more.