Torres wont celebrate or kiss Chelsea badge

Wilson

So yesterday I read he wouldn't celebrate if he scores against Liverpool. Why not? Fair enough he has respect for them but as long as he doesn't do anything over the top like Adebayor did (which was hilarious and would be funny to see Torres do that) but it's not in his character. He should celebrate no matter what the case is, it's the right thing to do. I wanna see him happy with Chelsea (on and off the pitch) and he should be, especially if he scores and he should show that. Now, today from various sites I have read he won't kiss the Chelsea badge. I understand that. That is only what established players or supporters should do. I know it's only kissing a badge but I think it's only nice if players do it if the truely mean it, hence why I'm saying established players. Along with that, Torres said he never kissed Atletico or Liverpools badge. Now I can never be certain about Atletico but is my mind deceiving me? I could have sworn I have saw Torres kiss that scummy Liverpool badge. It's not really a big deal but I hope Torres can love this club, just not play for us because we have money or we are always in Champs League. Fair enough he can help us achieve a CL title and I know he's desperate to win it. No disrespect to Torres, I respect him and his ambitions.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2285368,00.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3392370/Fernando-Torres-Ill-never-kiss-Chelsea-badge.html

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201102053320/Liverpool-FC-News/did-torres-kiss-liverpool-badge.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesn't celebrate, it doesn't mean he is not happy here. It just means he wants to respect Liverpool for the time he had there, and let's face it they had a very special connection right from the start. Remember how Hasselbaink refused to celebrate when he scored against us with Charlton? Or when Anelka did the same against Arsenal in the 4-1 at Emirates in 08-09? I'm not saying the ones who celebrate are being disrespectful - it's their personal choice and I don't see any malice in it.

Personally, I couldn't care one way or the other. As long as he scores goals, he's fine by me ;)

He's earned my respect for that. He has a cool head for not acting like a twat against the understandably bitter Liverpool fans and I've always despised badge kissers.

Technically, he never kissed the Liverpool badge no matter what the Scousers want to believe.

ibZQAK.jpeg

It is his choice and he chooses to respect his former club and employer. Fair enough. If he scores against Scousers, he won't go mad. Anyway, I am sure he will compensate it in the next game, or in the game he scores for us again, and will fully enjoy the moment.

Sorry, mates!

I'm sure he didn't mean it. -_-

The photo I posted is the exact same celebration from another angle. Wilson's 3rd link also has a vid that proves that he merely bit the shirt.

Please take note of those before spreading scouse propaganda.

He's earned my respect for that. He has a cool head for not acting like a twat against the understandably bitter Liverpool fans and I've always despised badge kissers.

Technically, he never kissed the Liverpool badge no matter what the Scousers want to believe.

ibZQAK.jpeg

See, he's always wanted out, he even resorted to biting his own flesh off, which the Scousers painted the colours of a Liverpool shirt after tying his ankles and hands.

The photo I posted is the exact same celebration from another angle. Wilson's 3rd link also has a vid that proves that he merely bit the shirt.

Please take note of those before spreading scouse propaganda.

Sorry, mate. I couldn't see his left hand in your photo, so I thought it's another pic.

However, I don't care if he did or didn't kiss that badge and I don't care if he will or won't kiss Chelsea's badge.

I respect him and I am glad he's with us now.

So, who cares? The main thing is that he's thinking about scoring against them.

If they give him so much abuse, which we all know they will, he will celebrate no doubt. Tomorrows abuse will probably out weigh anything i've seen, except Figo's when he went back to the nou camp for real madrid.

It is a tricky situation for him. In a way he wants to show respect to Liverpool but the same time wants to show Chelsea that he's with them in heart and mind. No need to celebrate if he doesn't want to as long as he plays with passion and we can see he wants to play against any opponent, be it Liverpool, Manchester United or even Schalke.

It is a tricky situation for him. In a way he wants to show respect to Liverpool but the same time wants to show Chelsea that he's with them in heart and mind. No need to celebrate if he doesn't want to as long as he plays with passion and we can see he wants to play against any opponent, be it Liverpool, Manchester United or even Schalke.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if he doesn't celebrate just as long as he plays with passion.