Steven Pienaar

BlueLion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bites the dust.

Apparently it was his agent who advised him against Chelsea anyway. I guess the agent was worried about his pay cheque at the end of it. Hopefully we have someone else lined up - Though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thank. Fuck.

That.

I've also read that it's possible we never bidded for him. As far as I'm concerned it's great as we shouldn't have in the first place and I've lost count of potential targets that got away in the last 4 transfer windows.

But if that's true then someone has to ask the question:

How the fuck are the Yidds a major European club?

This is great news! I'm glad Pienaar isn't joining us...

This is the incentive to sign Alexis Sanchez (or David Luiz) I don't think we have enough funds to get both unfortunately.

+1

:goodpost:

The South Africa international has claimed on his official Twitter feed that he has agreed to join Spurs from the Toffees despite rival interest from Chelsea.

Great, stay there =.= we got Josh. You'll certainly play alot at Tottenham...:chai:

First people cry out loud for a lack of bench strength, then they are relieved a squad player doesn't sign.

But just because we have a thin squad doesn't mean we should sign any player who becomes available. That's throwing money away. Transfers should still be smart, despite a thin squad.

I would like to answer you this :

laugh.gif

But just because we have a thin squad doesn't mean we should sign any player who becomes available. That's throwing money away. Transfers should still be smart, despite a thin squad.

Pienaar wasn't a smart short term transfer? I like several others have already pointed out a lot of times why this would have been a good deal. And don't tell me you would want to see Kalou warming up on the touchline rather than Pienaar.

Having said that though if he was asking for unreasonable wages, I'm happy we didn't give in.

Pienaar wasn't a smart short term transfer? I like several others have already pointed out a lot of times why this would have been a good deal. And don't tell me you would want to see Kalou warming up on the touchline rather than Pienaar.

Having said that though if he was asking for unreasonable wages, I'm happy we didn't give in.

If it was a loan then yes, it's excellent. But to sign someone on a 4 or 3-year deal, just to fill a squad vacancy for 3months is stupid. Especially when you have to pay £3million for it.

I think he is a good player, and if it was a loan deal or something then it would've sounded great. But we're talking a permanent contract with a player who probably wouldn't feature after we get people like Benayoun back or bring in new transfers in the summer.

I don't mind seeing Kalou come off the bench :lol: - As long as it's before Sturridge.