Cahill / David Luiz / Kjær

chrismada9

Make your choice  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

• Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)
    • David Luiz (Benfica)
    • Simon Kjær (WfL Wolfsburg)
    • Other

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes guys, but this £6 million, its not as if its an extra tenner. To anyone its an incredible amount of money. This reason Cahill is so expensive is cos he is English. Let's face it, if we sign Luiz we'll have two of he, Ivanovic and Alex out of the starting XI, and for that reason I could see either Branno or Alex leaving. If we sign Cahill he'll know he is a squad player and second fiddle to JT and Alex/Branno.

Luiz is the better player of the three, but he'll also be the most expensive. He'll be a massive gamble... could pay off though. Cahill will probably be the least-risky of the three signings.

I still stand by what I said. Luiz was a far riskier signing than most people are willing to concede.

David luiz , A strong tough pacy defender with a lot of intelligence and who is very mibile and versatile . only 23 years old .

he is expensive but i would rather spend 35 millions right now and get a world class defender for like 6 or 7 years and then sell him for 15-20 millions .

instead of getting another average player esk.(kalou-zhirkov-benayoun-anelka-ferrera).

the other option for me will be phil jones who seems to be a very hot pospect .

and btw the question is

Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

so what we need isn't another alex , iva or even terry ... what we really need is a david luiz

:whistling:

the 23 years old is a tall , tough and pacy CB who can play as a side back as well ,

he is a great reader of the game and his positioning when on form is excellent , his ball distribution from the back is amazing . Has an instinct that means he is prepared to carry the ball forward out of defence, but it nearly cost the centre-back as he lost possession on many occasions, posing his side big problems.

his other weakness will be sometimes lack of concentration , he sometimes can't be focused for the whole 90 min.

also he may give away needless free kicks under pressure.

but his problems seems to be due to lack of concentration more than being a weakness in him as a player .

:eyebrows:

• 1 year later...

Makes me smile seeing this 18 months on. At the time people were torn between Cahill and David Luiz - now we have both of them, both proving to be excellent buys and both showing the capabilities to partner each other in defence for the next 5 years plus.

Cahil would get gang raped in the Championsleague :doh:

lol a post by Badboy from 2010. Look what happened 2 days ago against the best of the best :D Man of the Match against Messi

It's funny to see this thread actually knowing we went n got 2 of em. Shame we can't say the same about forwards or wingers.

lol a post by Badboy from 2010. Look what happened 2 days ago against the best of the best :D Man of the Match against Messi

It's funny to see this thread actually knowing we went n got 2 of em. Shame we can't say the same about forwards or wingers.

Hhahahaha :lol: I really thought that he was just a good Premier-League defender, i thought he would of been out of his depth against the big European sides. He was superb against Barcelona !!!

You can't be serious right? That guy is the Danish version of Sotiris Kyrgiakos. He has been a calamity in the Roma's defence many times this season.

This is very much true. Sadly been kind of shit ever since he left Palermo and in his recent time in Roma he has been a constant liability.

You can't be serious right? That guy is the Danish version of Sotiris Kyrgiakos. He has been a calamity in the Roma's defence many times this season.

you obviously missed my point

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You