Cahill / David Luiz / Kjær

chrismada9

Make your choice  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which centreback is best suited for Chelsea?

• Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)
    • David Luiz (Benfica)
    • Simon Kjær (WfL Wolfsburg)
    • Other

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex has problem with his knee. He is our the best defender without a doubt. When he recovers from this cleaning of his knee hopefuly he will be ok for years. He deserves to have at least one season when we can see him at his best.

You seem to be a big fan of Luiz. Can you than answer my question about his qualities and weaknesses? Not only pace, because i know he is pacy.

And what can he offer to us at the moment. To be £18 million back up CB?

the 23 years old is a tall , tough and pacy CB who can play as a side back as well ,

he is a great reader of the game and his positioning when on form is excellent , his ball distribution from the back is amazing . Has an instinct that means he is prepared to carry the ball forward out of defence, but it nearly cost the centre-back as he lost possession on many occasions, posing his side big problems.

his other weakness will be sometimes lack of concentration , he sometimes can't be focused for the whole 90 min.

also he may give away needless free kicks under pressure.

but his problems seems to be due to lack of concentration more than being a weakness in him as a player .

the 23 years old is a tall , tough and pacy CB who can play as a side back as well ,

he is a great reader of the game and his positioning when on form is excellent , his ball distribution from the back is amazing . Has an instinct that means he is prepared to carry the ball forward out of defence, but it nearly cost the centre-back as he lost possession on many occasions, posing his side big problems.

his other weakness will be sometimes lack of concentration , he sometimes can't be focused for the whole 90 min.

also he may give away needless free kicks under pressure.

but his problems seems to be due to lack of concentration more than being a weakness in him as a player .

Thank you.

Difficult.. Very difficult..

Gary Cahill is the most obvious one, because we don't need to wait for him to "adapt" to the Premier League because he's already used to it. He's got a good header and a good tackle, his pace isn't half bad too. The problem is, imo, he's very small for a defender. While I don't expect central defenders to be big, butch, and powerful, there is a certain expectancy they can go shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Ibrahimovic, David Villa, Benzema ect. I think in one-on-one challenges with these types of attackers, they'd get the best of him.

David Luiz on the other hand is much stronger. From what I've seen, he's got a great crunching tackle, his headers are good too. The fact he's been called up to play for the Brazilian national squad shows he's one of Brazilians up and coming stars, at the age of just 23 that's quite an accomplishment. The trouble we would have, is the "Ramires issue", how long will it take for him to adapt to the demands of the Premier League and moving to England. The hefty price of £30million is quite off-putting too. To be honest, I haven't seen much of him (don't follow Portuguese football).

Kjaer. Got no clue.

Owen Coyle insists Bolton would not accept anything less than £20milion for Gary Cahill.

The Bolton boss acknowledges that Cahill is attracting interest, and is not surprised given the England international's performances so far this year.

Coyle even concedes a move is possible, but insists any major switch would be better in the summer from the player's point of view.

"I saw speculation about Gary Cahill yesterday and I can sit here very comfortably knowing we have had no dialogue about him or any of our players, and long may that continue," he told Sky Sports News.

"I think it is important we keep this group together and try and add one or two.

"I don't fear bids for Gary or any other player. Could it happen? Yes, because they are quality players.

"But when they move for £20million, £25m or £30m, which is what it takes to buy them, they would be better moving in the summer as they need a pre-season as if they move in January they are under too much pressure to make an immediate impact."

£20million for Cahill or £26million for Luiz..

I'm sick of all those fees higher than £20 million... Football can't keep going like this...

Like all economic sectors, the football market is a bubble. Some say it'll burst in the next few years, the first sign of this was when Setanta went down in the UK.. FIFA & UEFA are in for a shock soon..

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/23108/default.aspx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/sep/30/money.sport

That last one was written in 2007. Imagine how worried they are now, after the fee paid for Ronaldo.

Yes guys, but this £6 million, its not as if its an extra tenner. To anyone its an incredible amount of money. This reason Cahill is so expensive is cos he is English. Let's face it, if we sign Luiz we'll have two of he, Ivanovic and Alex out of the starting XI, and for that reason I could see either Branno or Alex leaving. If we sign Cahill he'll know he is a squad player and second fiddle to JT and Alex/Branno.

Luiz is the better player of the three, but he'll also be the most expensive. He'll be a massive gamble... could pay off though. Cahill will probably be the least-risky of the three signings.

Yes guys, but this £6 million, its not as if its an extra tenner. To anyone its an incredible amount of money. This reason Cahill is so expensive is cos he is English. Let's face it, if we sign Luiz we'll have two of he, Ivanovic and Alex out of the starting XI, and for that reason I could see either Branno or Alex leaving. If we sign Cahill he'll know he is a squad player and second fiddle to JT and Alex/Branno.

Luiz is the better player of the three, but he'll also be the most expensive. He'll be a massive gamble... could pay off though. Cahill will probably be the least-risky of the three signings.

both Luiz and ivanovic can play as side backs , we can definitely use Iva instead of ferrera . and alex spends half the season injured anyways.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You