Carlo Ancelotti

Term-X

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The critics always come out when Chelsea lose games, and go and hide away when the team starts winning again. We've seen it before, I remember even Mourinho had complainers. Some people are never satisfied. I think success has spoilt this club and a large proportion of its fans, which is a shame considering the incredible support this club has enjoyed throughout its 106 year existence.

Yeah. Standard. Ranieri was hated by fans, I remember.. But he was a great coach, in my opinion, and it's showing now to be honest.

Highlighted the "coach" part because he really made Terry into who he is today, and probably with Frank too.

Definitely. I did admire him a lot, he was one of the key men in United's titles. But there's only one Frank lol.

Haha exactly. Though imagine if we'd had them both, but there's no point to this imagination.

With each loss, comes a higher chance of more signing I think.

To be fair to carlo he can only work with what he has been given, in most peoples opinion he has had little to do with the recent squad shaping, I think the biggest problem we have is our lack of goals, bar the villa game we have struggled for goals, we need a creative pacy dribbler for the right hand side more than another centrehalf, kalou is ok up until he needs to decide whether to shoot or cross once he gets to that point he fucks it up, for a 60k a week player with 5 years league experience that isnt good enough, anelka does the opposite to what malouda does/trys to do on the left hand side, he drops deep all the time now and takes the pace out of the attacking movement and Drogba still doesnt look right after the malaria, so out of our main 4 attackers for the wingers/centre forward spots 3 of them are either unfit/out of form, looking over the hill or just plain not good enough.

With these limitations carlo has it isnt hard to see that with our small squad of experienced players if we had a pro longed period of injurys that the proverbial shit would hit the fan, I blame the 'football board' carlo is working with what he has, but it cant be easy when you have no other options besides playing Drogba when he is clearly unfit, not being able to rest malouda and having the option of anelka (who is looking over the hill) or bleeding kalou on the right, im not even gonna get started on the injurys that have decimated our backline and midfield all season.

The critics always come out when Chelsea lose games, and go and hide away when the team starts winning again. We've seen it before, I remember even Mourinho had complainers. Some people are never satisfied. I think success has spoilt this club and a large proportion of its fans, which is a shame considering the incredible support this club has enjoyed throughout its 106 year existence.

Every time I read yours posts I get the feeling you didnt realized how bad is the situations, we havent seen anything like that in past 6. Who read your post without knowing our position, our record or how we are playing, will think that we only had droped some points in last matches...

To be fair to carlo he can only work with what he has been given, in most peoples opinion he has had little to do with the recent squad shaping, I think the biggest problem we have is our lack of goals, bar the villa game we have struggled for goals, we need a creative pacy dribbler for the right hand side more than another centrehalf, kalou is ok up until he needs to decide whether to shoot or cross once he gets to that point he fucks it up, for a 60k a week player with 5 years league experience that isnt good enough, anelka does the opposite to what malouda does/trys to do on the left hand side, he drops deep all the time now and takes the pace out of the attacking movement and Drogba still doesnt look right after the malaria, so out of our main 4 attackers for the wingers/centre forward spots 3 of them are either unfit/out of form, looking over the hill or just plain not good enough.

With these limitations carlo has it isnt hard to see that with our small squad of experienced players if we had a pro longed period of injurys that the proverbial shit would hit the fan, I blame the 'football board' carlo is working with what he has, but it cant be easy when you have no other options besides playing Drogba when he is clearly unfit, not being able to rest malouda and having the option of anelka (who is looking over the hill) or bleeding kalou on the right, im not even gonna get started on the injurys that have decimated our backline and midfield all season.

Everything underlined I agree with. Squad was thin coming in, I don't know who thought we'd have an injury free season, but they clearly don't know how it all works.

No-one's saying Carlo's blameless. But he's at fault less than the person who organises transfers.

I'd disagree about Drogba if I'm totally honest. He's invisible for most the game, though when he is noticeable he plays like mad.

Fair but there's always the case of a striker depending on the service he gets and we've had either Anelka or Malouda or our entire midfield missing during the last 3 months. Not to mention being overplayed and having Malaria only a couple of months ago.

Maldini for Carlo's new assistant!

At least that would show the players Roman has faith in Ancelotti, instead of just counting down the days until he gets the sack.

I'd agree but we don't really know if Ancelotti ever requested Maldini.

It will be a shock if he stays...

Not for me it won't.

Granted I believe Abramovich is wiser than most people give him credit fore but at the moment I won't be shocked with either him staying of going.

Fair but there's always the case of a striker depending on the service he gets and we've had either Anelka or Malouda or our entire midfield missing during the last 3 months. Not to mention being overplayed and having Malaria only a couple of months ago.

Agreed about him being over-played, most definitely. To be honest that also brings me to the point of why he's still being played, I said it when the malaria was in him, and I'm still saying it. For this, Carlo is to blame. We had strikers to fill the void.

About the Maldini thing, he did ask him, when he came. However Maldini rejected at the time, saying he wanted to get out of football for a while. Who knows if he's changed his mind.

91328305.png

I think this expression says it all really.

I feal sorry for Carlo, he di not deserv this after last season.

Player like kalou are the first to blame, the luck and even injuries in bad moments is like If all the bad thinks are happening at the same time.

u know what I thing is we are sinking like we are Carlo should stay yo the end of it because the player always win it and no one touch them and there are some who need to put There asses on the bench or the stand for a while and kalou should ve the first one with Anelka, ferreira And Cole

Abramovich should get in the dessing room and demand work and result for what he pays to this player .

It was inevitable Carlo Ancelotti would be asked about his 'we will win' pledge made on Tuesday, having seen his side defeated by bottom club Wolves on Wednesday evening.The Black Country side's first win over Chelsea since 1983 was by a single, early goal, scored when a corner found the net via Jose Bosingwa's shin. Chances came and went to equalise and Didier Drogba came closest when he hit the post in the second half but ultimately it was another winter night of discontent for the team's supporters.

'I did a mistake,' Ancelotti admitted about his promise of victory.

'This week I saw the players, they were in focus, they worked hard, they stay together and I do not see some problems within the squad.

'We have a good spirit but this is not enough. We have to stay more in focus on the little details. They decided this match.'

In particular it was some of the defending at Wolves' goal that Ancelotti was referring to, plus Chelsea's finishing with Salomon Kalou and Florent Maloudaespecially culpable.

'Two times we were one against one against the goalkeeper but we were not able to score,' noted the manager.

'Some ideas were good when we tried to attack but we conceded a goal after a few minutes and it was not the right way to start the game. We wanted to start the game differently but after that the game was very difficult.'

Ancelotti said he would be surprised if he lost his job in the wake of this run of results and asked to put his finger on what has gone wrong in the last two months, he responded:

'It is not just one reason, there are a lot of reasons. Now we have to prepare well for our next game and maintain confidence because it is very easy to lose confidence.

'It is not good our season so far but we can fight for a lot of things and nothing is lost at the moment. It is difficult to come back in the Premier League but we have the FA Cup and we have the Champions League.

'I have a good relationship with players and the club. The most important thing is to move on.'