Carlo Ancelotti

Term-X

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CARLO ANCELOTTI has revealed he scrapped plans to show his Chelsea team the DVD of their 3-1 defeat at Arsenal.

The Blues boss feared it could cause the team massive psychological damage.

And Ancelotti, who likes to go through replays with his players, was proved right as they ended their rotten run of six matches without a victory with a 1-0 midweek win over Bolton.

Yet that result will count for nothing if they flop against struggling Aston Villa tomorrow.

Under-fire Ancelotti revealed: "I didn't show the video against Arsenal. We wanted to be focused for the Bolton game.

"The moment was not good and you have to take into consideration the atmosphere in the squad. I do normally show them. But when the moment is not so good, you don't have to kill it!

"I can show them the Arsenal game in the future but not now.

"It is important to stay compact and together. I think against Bolton, the team showed fantastic character. They did not play so well but they stuck together."

Should've showed them it in my opinion. They deserve to face that humiliation.

Roberto Di Mateo is doing some good work at Westbrom. They play some wonderful football. not just the kick and run thing.

It would be a very different proposition attempting that at chelsea. It would be far more reassuring if he went and got some experience at a bigger club.

He just needs to not be afraid to make changes.Seems to be hoping that at some point the players perform like they did last season but for some reason that aint happening.Hopfully next week make changes.Felt sorry for him today.Did what he needed to and came so close to much needed 3 points just switching off let him down :(

With all the respect I have for him, he is going insane...

He keeps using this same ol 4-3-3 who seems to don't work... And on the top of that, he keeps playing those players who just don't give a fuck and who have playing shit for months...

He keeps using this same ol 4-3-3 who seems to don't work... And on the top of that, he keeps playing those players who just don't give a fuck and who have playing shit for months...

It just seems like he's hoping they'll perform and fair enough we hope they do as well.But they've had month and it aint happening bench the ones who clearly dont care and play ones who do.We aint gana win the league unless a miracle happens so nothing to loose.Start playing the kids this what hope to happen

With all due respect, he made two changes that should have won us the points today, and would have if the players not lost concentration defensively.

The double switch to bring on Kalou and Bosingwa gave balance to the team and some potency on the right flank. It was an inspired, Mourinho-esque move and because we've drawn the game, Ancelotti won't get any plaudits for that particular masterstroke.

Similarly, its not as if we have the personnel to switch to another formation right now. The Diamond failed to inspire last season and with the players we have, we're more suited to a 4-3-3. Furthermore the players seem unable to play anything other than a 4-3-3 variant; namely 4-5-1 or the Christmas Tree.

And to respond to your final point, it isn't as if we have any choice but to play the likes of Anelka at this moment in time. Okay we have Sturridge and Kalou, but we can't rely on their energy to win us matches. Anelka or Drogba can turn a match in an instant, yet be quiet for 85 minutes, as Drogba was today. The fact is we just don't have a squad good enough right now.

How the hell are we ever going to get continuity if we just sack every manager that goes through a bad spell, i want Carlo to stay here and i want Roman to give him the resources to do his work. I can not be bothered with this shit any more of sacking managers then having all these start up problems of his style and all that fucking wank. WHEN ARE THE PLAYERS GOING TO TAKE THE BLAME FOR THIS LAZY PERIOD SERIOUSLY PLAYERS GET AWAY WITH MURDER, KALOU IS AN ABSOLUTE CON ARTIST BY THE WAY !

Couldn't agree more, we've sacked so many managers in three years, sacking managers doesn't solve problems. What can guarantee Abramovich that the other manager will be better than Carlo? I trust in Carlo, we must keep him.