Carlo Ancelotti

Term-X

^ He has got himself in such a position that he can't afford taking such risks in the league anymore. Shaking things up would be far easier in November and December but now we'll be practically fighting "relegation" to the Europa league spots.

If dropping Drogba for 45 minutes was the best he could do in December then I can't expect anything more than Kalou>Anelka or Ferreira>Bosingwa from now on.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ He has got himself in such a position that he can't afford taking such risks in the league anymore. Shaking things up would be far easier in November and December but now we'll be practically fighting "relegation" to the Europa league spots.

If dropping Drogba for 45 minutes was the best he could do in December then I can't expect anything more than Kalou>Anelka or Ferreira>Bosingwa from now on.

Sad, but true.

Perhaps once we do have a good foot placed on 4th he may become a bit more adventurous. Though, this is more of a fantasy than it is a possible reality.

From the pre-match press conference:

"Roman never asked me to win. He asked me that his team play exciting football, this is our aim."

Sounds like Arsenal. How would most of our fans cope with not winning anything for the next 5 years?

"Carlo's obviously been manager of AC Milan for eight years, therefore that does come with a lot of pressure so Carlo is used to the pressure that comes with big jobs. The one thing that will be hurting Carlo won't be the media attention, it will be the way the team are playing. He's extremely passionate about his football.

"He's a very decent bloke and he is a fun guy and he is laid back, but he has this burning passion for the fact that the players aren't really playing to their full potential.''

'I don't want to do a table of the most important players at this club but obviously the players who have experience are more important compared to the others.'

Horrible news for the young players.

What good is experience when you perform like a Championship player..

Horrible news for the young players.

What good is experience when you perform like a Championship player..

Then again,

We have the opportunity to change something up front; it is more difficult to change something defensively but there are no untouchable players. If we feel they deserve to play, they play.

I know he's yet to prove this properly, but being aware is the first stage

It was party time at Stamford Bridge and Ramires fired over with the outside of his right foot before Chelsea fans showed their support for the under-pressure Ancelotti, who responded with a wave.
It’s very nice to hear the fans like that.. We all have to be close and the fans showed fantastic support. Obviously I was happy for this.

Good to hear after those stupid banners.

I hear what you are saying and in the scheme of things you are spot on regarding the fact that he has got himself into hole and is too afraid to make changes but it was no coincidence that he put in the younger players against Ipswich and we see a totally different Chelsea, i know people will be saying it was only Ipswich (they went on to be beat the Gooners though!) but that result will go a long way in restoring confidence to the squad and should give Ancelotti some food for thought but unfortunately i think we will see a return of the old gaurd against Blackburn when he could use that performance last week as a 'springboard' for the younger players, to use them more frequently and as i've already stated to drop some of the senior players including A Cole and Malouda, 2 names you forgot to mention!

• 1 month later...

Looks like Ancelotti is on his way out ( if afforded comments are truth!)

Who is the problem though? Ancelotti or Roman??

No manager on the planet can do his job if the 'Big boss' makes costly decisions...........

Definately not Roman,unless he takes training and picks the team all the time.

Guest justin_3d

Looks like Ancelotti is on his way out ( if afforded comments are truth!)

Who is the problem though? Ancelotti or Roman??

No manager on the planet can do his job if the 'Big boss' makes costly decisions...........

I don't think he will leave in the summer.

But even if he leaves in 2012, he did good in buying Ramires and David Luiz. Very good insight into them.

If we get a new manager i hope is a manager that risk more with youth.

And no, Mourinho is not that guy. He only moans more then Carlo about not having money to buy players...as he was doing with Madrid for a striker, when he has the youth to use them, but don't.

We need a manager like Wenger, and that only men is Marcelo Bielsa.

Guest justin_3d

His changes today were spot on,Essien brought more to the midfield and Anelka was one of the creators for the goal.

If we advanced people would call him a mastermind.

I agreed he did a good job.

As I said, coaches like Mourinho and Carlo are as good as what they have in front of them.

Only things is that Mourinho bitches and moans about everything, that everyone and their momma knows about it. While Carlo is more of a reserve guy.

But what these both coaches are not, is youth creators. They are not the type of coaches to take risk in youth, and that will be a problem for a long term.

Just like Mourinho was brought here for quick success, so was Carlo was brought for a quick success in the CL.

So if for some reason Carlo leaves the club, then we need a new coach that deals more with youth.

And no Mourinho is not the man neither. You need a man like Wenger...and only one i know that is as good as him and produces youth is Marcelo Bielsa.