Arsenal vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Ballack more than anyone!

the moral to it all is, we had reasonable enough players to rotate in the squad. Now, we hardly have anyone! We ripped out the guts last summer and we left a big hole... did we even think to re-fill it... NO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moral to it all is, we had reasonable enough players to rotate in the squad. Now, we hardly have anyone! We ripped out the guts last summer and we left a big hole... did we even think to re-fill it... NO!!

Well we did have Benayoun, but we all know what happened to him. Not his fault.

But your point remains valid

also not just this game but ashley cole has been abit shit the past 5 or 6 games nothing at all from him running up and getting passed basically everyone like he used it. its like all teams know to stop our full backs and we dont attack just to long balls like today!

When ask for respect, think If you are being respectful to others. I was called idiot and that kind of thing many times, and nothing was said, and some says that what I think is irrelevant, and Im the one who is bigheaded and disrespectful... So I wont even discuss this...

I was referring to your post telling everyone to fuck off. I don't recall a time where I've called you an idiot before, but what you said there was irrelevant and not necessary. If you have problems with certain members then use the PM function. I'll leave it at that.

Ballack is not the answear...We needed fresh blood. Not teenagers blood, but guys who are young and ready.

Hmm.. True point. We've seen the "older" guys aren't necessarily the same as last season (ask Drogba).

Bastian Schweinsteiger would have been perfect. Even Sami Khedira instead of Ramires.

Man Crapunited,as you so eloquently put it, are a better team than Chelsea as it stands currently. Defensively and going forward they're playing at a much higher level so I'm not sure what your point is.

I expressed my hate towards tham. You want to pick on me to look smart?

Hmm.. True point. We've seen the "older" guys aren't necessarily the same as last season (ask Drogba).

Bastian Schweinsteiger would have been perfect. Even Sami Khedira instead of Ramires.

I can tell you that Ramires is not going to do more than that. He was good at brazilian league, but not superb. I never saw him as a player for a top club like Chelsea.

Change. Change is the word that arose tonight following the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal. All different kinds of change, the impact that changes which have already been made have had on the club, the changes that need to happen now and the changes which need to be performed for the future as Chelsea’s poor run of form has gone from being a simple poor run of form to now being an outright disaster.

Changes made in the past which have led us to this disaster are things like allowing the hugely experienced and talented Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Joe Cole ect. Leave in the Summer and not filling that gap, yes our kids have talent but you simply cant throw them in at the deep end and expect them to swim straight away, that’s not how you blood youngsters into first team action at this level.

Ray Wilkin’s departure has likely had a negative effect on the side, I don’t think the effect its has is as much as is being made out in the media but its still had an effect.

Changes that need to be made right now are.

Dropping Mikel, again tonight his positioning for the first goal was dubious, his passing not up to standard, too slow on the ball and he hasn’t got the legs to get about the pitch and make tackles ala Makelele. Surely against Bolton, starting with Essien, Ramires and Lampard would not be the worst thing in the world?

Banning Kalou from all future Chelsea games and training sessions, I mean literally have a team of security guards at Cobham for when Kalou arrives and just don’t allow him into the ground.

Telling Florent Malouda that though we made a terrific start to the season that the season is still actually going on and we havent been awarded the title.

Changes for the future.

A right winger at some point, be it in January or the Summer is an absolute must.

A ball playing central midfielder.

A centre back, preferably a highly rated Brazilian by the name of David Luiz…..

No matter what following the game tonight and the last 2 months as a whole there must now be change. Its all well and good for Carlo to do his post match press conference and remind us all that “we are in a bad moment” while its true what now needs to happen is that we need to change things to get out of this bad moment because trudging on with the same routine, the same selection, with nothing being altered will only lead to more bad results. If those changes have to occur in our playing personnel, our management personnel or our set up, Roman will be very aware that something will have to change because this “bad moment” has lasted too long.

Anyway being the positive guy I am, the positives I took from tonights game were.

Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic and Frank Lampard are really the only players who you could give a modicum of positive feedback too on the Chelsea side.

Gael Kakuta came on and an awful backpass aside he looked lively at least.

Its looking more and more like this season is going to become one of transition for Chelsea, if that is the case then Im hoping McEachran, Kakuta and Sturridge get more and more playing time this season so that they will gain experience.

And we could always do a Liverpool and just drop our focus on the league and put all of our attention into winning the Champions League, if we finish 4th but Terry ends up lifting the Champions League trophy at Wembley then the season would go down as a huge success so….positive thoughts and all that.

Banning Kalou from all future Chelsea games and training sessions, I mean literally have a team of security guards at Cobham for when Kalou arrives and just don't allow him into the ground.

Great post! However I don't think any of the changes you proposed will be implemented any time soon :\

I'm affraid this is the end of anchelotti and Guus come back. The board Will finish him after the NeXT Gáme. The lastima time this happend to

Chelsea was with Scolari and the sintoms are the same.

Maybe wilkins rol were more important than the team are willing to acept. Something is terrible wrong inside

Great post! However I don't think any of the changes you proposed will be implemented any time soon :\

Unfortunately neither do I. Two changes that would be so easy to make and may have a positive effect would be to drop Kalou and Mikel for the game against Bolton and bring in Kakuta (or if Sturridge has recovered by then bring him in) to play on the right wing with Essien playing the holding role and Ramires and Lampard alongside him in midfield, maybe a subtle change like that could really help us. In the long term though we need to buy well in the January window and later in the Summer window. I hope Roman gives Carlo the January window to bring in his signings and se if they work out, if they do then great but if they dont and these poor results continue then a managerial change will be a must.

Dropping Mikel, again tonight his positioning for the first goal was dubious, his passing not up to standard, too slow on the ball and he hasn't got the legs to get about the pitch and make tackles ala Makelele. Surely against Bolton, starting with Essien, Ramires and Lampard would not be the worst thing in the world?

Essien was at fault for second too.

I think some are being harsh on Mikel here, the boy has had what 2 bad games? Him being out of form was inevitable and you can't possibly say he doesn't deserve his place when he has been one of our best players this season.

When the rest of the team is literally falling apart (excluding Cech) he can't put in 9/10 performances every week.

Essien was at fault for second too.

That was more a freak bit of luck than a poor piece of play. Granted though Essien was quite poor tonight but he is a much more solid defensive midfielder than Mikel, far more assured, gets about the pitch much better and offers something going forward too.

I think some are being harsh on Mikel here, the boy has had what 2 bad games? Him being out of form was inevitable and you can't possibly say he doesn't deserve his place when he has been one of our best players this season.

I like Mikel, I was quick to praise him earlier in the season like the vast majority on here.

However truth be told Im not a fan of the role he plays, the 3rd centre back position, I think a holding midfielder should be able to get about the pitch, get some tackles in and be generally solid from a defensive standpoint, you couldn't honestly say any of those things in refrence to Mikel.

That was more a freak bit of luck than a poor piece of play. Granted though Essien was quite poor tonight but he is a much more solid defensive midfielder than Mikel, far more assured, gets about the pitch much better and offers something going forward too.

It Could be. But all three goals were because of some odd mistakes from midfield and defence.

We must stop with that "we will wait tham and give them possession", we must start using our possession properly. We are wasting balls and we are not creating anything. When we play different Mikel plays well.